Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Yes, but the bar still gets wet, which is the apparent issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol if you don't grate soap all over your body with a repurposed cheese grater to keep the bar dry.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pick posted:

I don't rub the bar onto my own skin like some sort of demented heathen. It goes on a loofah, the loofah gets washed.

You're never getting poo particles out of that loofa

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I like dr bronner's bar soap.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I like dr bronner's bar soap.

This is the only correct opinion. It feels good, works great, smells great, and lasts a long time. The peppermint soap makes you feel like there's an invisible ghost in the shower fanning your nads with cool air when you soap them up.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I don't rub the bar onto my own skin like some sort of demented heathen. It goes on a loofah, the loofah gets washed.

Apparently I am a demented heathen. I later up my hands real good and use them to wash my face, armpits, balls, feet, taint, and b-hole, but the larger areas like torso and legs I just rub the bar over until I've worked up a good lather.

My girlfriend uses a loofah for body wash, I thought that's what they were for. I've never heard of anyone using a loofah for bar soap, that sounds really inefficient. Having to work the bar into a lather, and transfer enough it to the loofah for a thorough wash. I'll continue my demented, heathenistic washing strategy thank you.

Edit: While we're talking about bar soap, I use Irish Spring. I used to use the "moisture blast" one with microbeads, which I really liked a lot. I stopped using that when the whole thing came out about how bad those things are for the environment, that fish we're eating them or whatever, and now I use the original. Either way they smell great, and don't melt into liquid if not meticulously dried, which is apparently a thing.

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 23:44 on May 8, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is the only correct opinion. It feels good, works great, smells great, and lasts a long time. The peppermint soap makes you feel like there's an invisible ghost in the shower fanning your nads with cool air when you soap them up.

You can invite that ghost into your pants with a bit of Gold Bond powder.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ReidRansom posted:

You can invite that ghost into your pants with a bit of Gold Bond powder.

how do i get the ghost in my butt asking for a friend

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

om nom nom posted:

Apparently I am a demented heathen. I later up my hands real good and use them to wash my face, armpits, balls, feet, taint, and b-hole, but the larger areas like torso and legs I just rub the bar over until I've worked up a good lather.

My girlfriend uses a loofah for body wash, I thought that's what they were for. I've never heard of anyone using a loofah for bar soap, that sounds really inefficient. Having to work the bar into a lather, and transfer enough it to the loofah for a thorough wash. I'll continue my demented, heathenistic washing strategy thank you.

Edit: While we're talking about bar soap, I use Irish Spring. I used to use the "moisture blast" one with microbeads, which I really liked a lot. I stopped using that when the whole thing came out about how bad those things are for the environment, that fish we're eating them or whatever, and now I use the original. Either way they smell great, and don't melt into liquid if not meticulously dried, which is apparently a thing.

Those were banned and now they use ground-up peach pits or something instead.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The bars of soap are made from clean, how can they get dirty!?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's like mouthwash for your junk.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My routine is to drink a quart of bodywash, let that circulate for an hour or two, then do a really hard workout so I start sweating the soap through my skin. Ain't no cleaner clean than from the inside out.

I mean, *snort*, applying the soap to the outside of your skin?! Heh, okay grandpa.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

om nom nom posted:

How have you never heard of a wash cloth?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Wash clothes, like sponges, are just disgusting filth bombs that will make your entire shower smell like a stagnant pond. Use brillo. Like a man.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

How are you getting that out of my post? I mentioned my preferred method, and commented on another poster's personal strategy, which was of interest to me, as I had never heard of someone employing that particular approach. I opted, however, not to make my post a commentary on all possible shower methods and techniques.

I could have also mentioned that some other people use a wash cloth with a bar of soap, and in fact I have employed that strategy myself in the past, as it was the way my parents taught me to shower. I decided, instead, to jump right to the part about how I currently bathe, having moved to the "just the bar" technique some time in my mid to late teens. Having experience with both methods, I find that the "just the bar" strategy is more efficient, equally effective, and you avoid having a cloth in your shower that touches your dirty bits every day and therefore needs to be washes frequently. I instead I chose to comment only on my own current preference, without delving into the history of my approach to showering and applying soap to my body, nor all routines of bathing with which I am familiar, and the poster to whom I was responding's personal modus operandi.

When I said I had never heard of anyone using a loofah for bar soap, the implication was that I thought that those who use bar soap use a wash cloth or just their hands/the bar, and that those who use a loofah tend to use it with a liquid body wash.

Fuckin goons.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Who What Now posted:

I grow one from about half of my body

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I thought I was on the stdh thread for a bit. Goons claiming that they wash is definitely stdh.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Nice soap meltdown

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

1stGear posted:

how do i get the ghost in my butt asking for a friend

Keister a roll of Certs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Munchables posted:

Nice soap meltdown

Yeah, I like this. :golfclap:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wash clothes, like sponges, are just disgusting filth bombs that will make your entire shower smell like a stagnant pond. Use brillo. Like a man.

gently caress that. Just man up, lather up a leather belt and beat the gently caress out of every square inch of your skin.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

gently caress that. Just man up, lather up a leather belt and beat the gently caress out of every square inch of your skin.

:byodood: "I got beaten by a soapy belt, and I turned out fine!"
*posts on SomethingAwful*

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Solice Kirsk posted:

... you put them in the laundry after a few uses.

What do you do with your towels?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We were supposed to be on about how they made a fat bodywash bottle....not whatever the hell this is

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I prefer to strop myself.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

So in Washington DC, 44% of people searched for incest, and that's the least incesty part of the US?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

So in Washington DC, 44% of people searched for incest, and that's the least incesty part of the US?

It doesn't say 44%, just 44. Incest is 44 popular there.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hedrigall posted:

... you put them in the laundry after a few uses.

What do you do with your towels?

The towel washes you, you don't wash the towel. Next you'll say that you people clean your showers. Ridiculous.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Lol look at all these goons pretending that they bathe.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Guy Goodbody posted:

People in DC searched for incest 44% as often as people in the state where it's most common. The whole chart is relative to whichever state is most into incest.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I just kinda let cold water dribble on me. Saves time and energy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toast Museum posted:

People in DC searched for incest 44% as often as people in the state where it's most common. The whole chart is relative to whichever state is most into incest.

OK, but I'm pretty sure 100% of Alaskans searched for incest, so it works out the same.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I don't use any soap I can't eat so I just eat soap until I poo poo nothing but soap and then I rub it all over myself

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Munchables posted:

Nice soap meltdown

I think this is my first meltdown, and I'm so happy you could all share this experience with me, during a soap derail in the Awkward, Ugly, Gross thread, here at the Something Awful Dot Com forums. There are so many people to thank, Weldon Pemberton for having an issue with his bar soap melting, that really got this derail going. Pick, for using a loofah with bar soap, who drew my curiosity a sparked my first post about showering. Most importantly, thank you Who What Now for being a goony goon and inspiring a shower technique based meltdown. But I couldn't have done it without all of you, the posters. Thank you so much for being a part of this.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

om nom nom posted:

I think this is my first meltdown, and I'm so happy you could all share this experience with me, during a soap derail in the Awkward, Ugly, Gross thread, here at the Something Awful Dot Com forums. There are so many people to thank, Weldon Pemberton for having an issue with his bar soap melting, that really got this derail going. Pick, for using a loofah with bar soap, who drew my curiosity a sparked my first post about showering. Most importantly, thank you Who What Now for being a goony goon and inspiring a shower technique based meltdown. But I couldn't have done it without all of you, the posters. Thank you so much for being a part of this.

:golfclap:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Jfc dude what went wrong in your life

Probably only washing with your hands and not actually scrubbing

Munchables has a new favorite as of 02:42 on May 9, 2017

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I just eat soap and poo poo bubbles

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hey if you can't have fun and post absurd things on an internet comedy forum I don't know what to tell ya.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

So...

Jestery posted:

I just eat soap and poo poo bubbles

How do you wipe your rear end in a top hat after a soap poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

So...

How do you wipe your rear end in a top hat after a soap poo poo?

Loofa, duh

• Locked thread