Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I like both of these teams but this series sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

DeimosRising posted:

I like both of these teams but this series sucks

i thought game 3 was alright and obviously im enjoying the rockets pasting the spurs but yeah it has been pretty lopsided

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm enjoying the game from a technical aspect. Seeing how these teams adjust their strategies and line-ups to maximize and create the blow-outs is super interesting to me.

Like the Rockets today went to Ryan Anders at the 5, Harden guarding Pau in the post while helping off the non-shooters, and Ariza rolling more was a great call. Pop going with awful 5 man line-ups and bringing bad defensive players specifically for defensive purposes is head-scratching.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

big bob brown with double digits in the playoffs

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Rockets Bitch

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

i thought game 3 was alright and obviously im enjoying the rockets pasting the spurs but yeah it has been pretty lopsided

Its very interesting how the teams are adjusting and wrecking each other but the actual games are so brutal. It's very 2005 finals

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Thanks for not getting swept out, Rockets

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
when the rockets click they're unbelievable

just need to click 2x more

same with the spurs

we'll see how it goes

and note: this is without houston getting to the line on a myriad of bullshit calls so home court won't make too much of a difference, methinks.

its all down to execution, which is interesting but naturally leads to large point discrepancies

if the rockets do everything right they're shooting and hitting a ton of 3s

if the spurs do everything right the rockets are shooting and missing a ton of contested 3s which leads to tons of empty possessions

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

when the rockets click they're unbelievable

just need to click 2x more

same with the spurs

we'll see how it goes

and note: this is without houston getting to the line on a myriad of bullshit calls so home court won't make too much of a difference, methinks.

its all down to execution, which is interesting but naturally leads to large point discrepancies

if the rockets do everything right they're shooting and hitting a ton of 3s

if the spurs do everything right the rockets are shooting and missing a ton of contested 3s which leads to tons of empty possessions

so you're saying

live by the 3, die by the 3 :v:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe you didn't watch the game but Bobby Brown Long range 2 Pointers Baby

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Now this is the American Race GDT
Please only post about American Race from this minute forward

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

oh poo poo is it on? i guess i'll catch a couple minutes while i watch into the badlands, which has given me a new respect for Clippers

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
pat's on talking about his gpa. i feel bad for him, the only time i ever will

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

so you're saying

live by the 3, die by the 3 :v:

pretty much

anne frank fanfic posted:

Maybe you didn't watch the game but Bobby Brown Long range 2 Pointers Baby

game was looong over by then

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

woah this is a little intense i'm not sure what i expected from a charles barkley show about race

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Rockets are a really good team and so are the Spurs

It's hard to contest 40 threes a night though and I feel like physical exhaustion is going to take its toll on non robot Spurs and the Rockets will take it in 6

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

game was looong over by then

what the gently caress you saying you little bitch? Did you not watch Bobby S. Brown torch the loving Lame Antonio Spurs in Game 4 of the Houston Rockets Playoffs? I would expect this from a loving spurs forum but this is the most intelligent sports forum on the internet and we read statistics about basketball. We lean liberal, we like GUNS, aren't racist, aren't afraid to go for the more efficient foul at the end of the game even if playing D is what the the old men did back in the day, and we cheer for the Houston Rockets Bitch

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i dont like signing my posts. doesnt work for me and my family. some folk do though

chuck loves cops and had to do the trigger discipline exercise from Men In Black in his show

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

what the gently caress you saying you little bitch? Did you not watch Bobby S. Brown torch the loving Lame Antonio Spurs in Game 4 of the Houston Rockets Playoffs? I would expect this from a loving spurs forum but this is the most intelligent sports forum on the internet and we read statistics about basketball. We lean liberal, we like GUNS, aren't racist, aren't afraid to go for the more efficient foul at the end of the game even if playing D is what the the old men did back in the day, and we cheer for the Houston Rockets Bitch

ok

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

nah,

Nah

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 8, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, NOW Klay hits shots.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

:chef:

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Go Warriors!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wow another wide open lay-up off an inbound.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
who misses more dunks, LMA or gobert

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

two air balls already for the warriors

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
this(when warriors are airballing and missing layups) is when the jazz should be making their move but uh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

And Curry broke his hand

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

loving Zaza

Put javale in

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
can you be a superstar, g0rd0? show us

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is already out of hand

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

This is brutal, and by this I mean Curry's beard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Crowd is very quiet for Utah, I don't think they believe either.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
the jazz straight up look like they can't play basketball

prove me wrong, dante eczema

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Brolander posted:

the jazz straight up look like they can't play basketball

prove me wrong, dante eczema

*Walter Matthau voice* EXEUNT!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's a six-possession game, plenty of time

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jazz coming back babey

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If any team could blow a 3-0 lead

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
are the nba writers finally throwing dante a bone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The team is so so bad without Curry in.

• Locked thread