Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Yeah, Ned Beatty in Network would be my pick. Other good candidates are Orson Welles in A Man for All Seasons (though that's technically a two-scene performance), and Sammy Davis Jr. in Sweet Charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Criminal Minded posted:

Having rewatched Blue Velvet last night, I got to thinking: what's everybody's favorite one-scene performance in a film?

Monty Montgomery as the Cowboy in Mulholland Drive.

David Lynch as Gordon Cole in Firewalk With Me.

Mathew McConaughey in the Wolf of Wall Street was legitimately great.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm surprised John Turturro as The Jesus in The Big Lebowski hasn't been mentioned yet, outside of Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross that was the only one that immediately came to mind for me.

Turturro definitely has two scenes and I am furious at your anarchic assault on the premise.

In all seriousness it's genuinely hard to think of impactful characters who don't at the very least get featured bookend style.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

First thing that comes to mind for me is Bill Murray in Zombieland. But Donald Sutherland absolutely kills it in his one spot in JFK.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Mierenneuker posted:

John Wick really set a bar for dog movies. Looking forward to the eventual gritty Beethoven reboot.
Edit: That reboot would probably work best as a horror movie.

You could always watch Cujo

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

But Donald Sutherland absolutely kills it in his one spot in JFK.

gently caress that's a good one

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Donald Sutherland in Beerfest is one of my favorite comedic cameos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Franchescanado posted:

Spend $20 on a detachable cup blender, like this. Every night, fill it with your solid ingrediants, like fruit or veggies, and put it in the fridge. In the morning, take it out, put in your juice or milk or peanut butter or whatever, make your smoothie. After you drink it, rinse it out immediately. Repeat.

edit: Start incorporating chia seeds, they go great in smoothies, cereal, you can make desserts with them. I also love adding flax seeds to pretty much everything.

I just wanted to say that although I only check in on this thread every couple weeks when the video game threads run dry, this was a great blender recommendation. I just made a smoothie and things worked out real well. Cheers

Also The Fire Next Time is great Baldwin and pairs very well with Ta-Nehisi Coates's Between the World and Me

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Johnny Depp put in one of his best performances in years in 21 Jump Street.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just wanted to say that although I only check in on this thread every couple weeks when the video game threads run dry, this was a great blender recommendation. I just made a smoothie and things worked out real well. Cheers

Hey, happy I could help. Enjoy, bud!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
A teen in weekday appeared to be an unironic Trump t-shirt cut in front of me at 5 guys. I was only getting fries though and he looked visibly annoyed when they called my number before his. :911:

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Monsters was really cool, is the sequel worth seeing? I read it was poorly recieves but I thought I remembered it having some fans here.

Wait this isn't a kaiju thread, did I just gently caress up?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Blisster posted:

Monsters was really cool, is the sequel worth seeing? I read it was poorly recieves but I thought I remembered it having some fans here.

Monsters: Dark Continent is the best Mideast War film, to date.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/861429657551474693

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like to think that John Landis gave his kid the full name Maximum Landis.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That guy needs to get a grip.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
How does everyone not hate Hillary Clinton now. I don't even hate her and I hate her.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

porfiria posted:

How does everyone not hate Hillary Clinton now. I don't even hate her and I hate her.

Some people see her as what could have been and that looks so so so much better than what we have. While to since she is the living embodiment to how out of touch the Democratic party are, to others she's the living embodiment of smug "I told you so"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't get hating her really, but if I was a supporter I would want some answers at this point.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
There's nothing more useless in politics than a centrist who can't win.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Criminal Minded posted:

Having rewatched Blue Velvet last night, I got to thinking: what's everybody's favorite one-scene performance in a film? I doubt anybody can top Dean Stockwell as Ben for me.

Ted Levine in Shutter Island springs to mind.
Michael Parks in Kill Bill vol 2
Dan Hedaya in Mulholland Drive leaves an impression despite not saying anything

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/Minnysconsin/status/860896913717166080

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In general "not actually running for anything as of right now" Hillary Clinton tends to be pretty okay. Not amazing or even good, but if she could manage to act the same when running as she does when not running she likely would have taken the election fairly easily.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone have any opinion on Battles Without Honor or Humanity? My finger is itching over 1-Click button.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

glam rock hamhock posted:

In general "not actually running for anything as of right now" Hillary Clinton tends to be pretty okay. Not amazing or even good, but if she could manage to act the same when running as she does when not running she likely would have taken the election fairly easily.

naaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anyone have any opinion on Battles Without Honor or Humanity? My finger is itching over 1-Click button.

I've watched the first three. They're really good, especially the first one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Seriously, just loving showing up and doing a couple of town halls and meet and greats in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania probably would have swung the election.

Im firmly in the I don't hate Hillary Clinton for her politics, but I'm pissed as hell at her for losing what should have been an easy win. She's the political version of Casey at the Bat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

...and bought.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

naaaaaaahhhhhhhh

I mean all hey best moments were the few where she was just conducting business and not even trying. Like that one video BLM put out off them meeting with her had coming across better than she did at pretty much any moment that actually mattered. Like they and the Benghazi breathing were her just acting normal and while that had problems, it was leagues better than how she acted most of the rest of the time.

Still, that's moot because it's just one of many many many many things she could have done that probably could have swayed things and it's honestly one of the less damning ones.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Hillary should just go loving nuts and only talk about the new flesh and "the rats, thousands, MILLLLLIONS OF DEM" or some poo poo, I dunno.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Blame Hillary all you want, it's still a matter of 63 million people choosing Trump over her or anyone else. Which says a lot about the state of the country.

It's mostly the way the religious right and tea baggers have hijacked conservatism. The idea that white Christians, of all people, can even think of themselves as being persecuted in the US is such ridiculous bullshit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a shame we live in this age of social media where someone can't just suffer a huge disgrace and then just disappear into obscurity anymore.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Tag yourself (either a person or attribute, your choice)
https://hottiesofmtvnext.tumblr.com/

I'm Stache, 21

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Glamorama26 posted:

Hillary should just go loving nuts and only talk about the new flesh and "the rats, thousands, MILLLLLIONS OF DEM" or some poo poo, I dunno.

Like she should run on the Videodrome platform.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Monty Montgomery as the Cowboy in Mulholland Drive.

He shows up in another scene later on.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Egbert Souse posted:

Blame Hillary all you want, it's still a matter of 63 million people choosing Trump over her or anyone else. Which says a lot about the state of the country.

It's mostly the way the religious right and tea baggers have hijacked conservatism. The idea that white Christians, of all people, can even think of themselves as being persecuted in the US is such ridiculous bullshit.
From a labor standpoint America has always been hosed because this nation was first founded by a bunch of fringe Protestants and Calvinists with their awful work ethic that makes people think that working through lunch is actual a virtue and that you shouldn't complain about work being miserable just makes you closer to God or some poo poo.

There is a reason when Catholic immigrants started to come to America we started seeing unions :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't get hating her really, but if I was a supporter I would want some answers at this point.

Answers to what.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

It's a disgusting indictment that any Christian voted for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm the guy that wrote in Bernies name on voting day.

• Locked thread