Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Does Mole Man just go around trying to marry random women? Is that his thing?

Mole-Man's whole thing is that he feels mistreated by the Surface Dwellers (even though it's because he's a complete rear end every time he interacts with them). So any time any woman shows even the least amount of courtesy to him (Aunt May, Squirrel Girl, probably the Invisible Woman, etc), he assumes they're in love with him and tries to marry them.

The parallels to basement-dwellers have been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What if both Doc Ock and Mole Man appear to duke it out for her heart?

But I'm not sure if Dock Ock tried to marry Aunt May in NSM continuity, so that's one less wonderful thing in the world.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 8, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

What if both Doc Ock and Mole Man appear to duke it out for her heart?

But I'm not sure if Dock Ock tried to marry Aunt May in NSM continuity, so that's one less wonderful thing in the world.

You think too small. The NSM way is to go in full force and have someone like Dr. Doom or Shuma-Gorath fight for Aunt May's heart.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jesus was that storyline from 2010? It seemed like only yesterday.

NSM warps time in interesting ways, it's true.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

You think too small. The NSM way is to go in full force and have someone like Dr. Doom or Shuma-Gorath fight for Aunt May's heart.

It should be the basis of Marvel vs Capcom story mode.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Does Mole Man just go around trying to marry random women? Is that his thing?

Pretty much:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who could it possibly be?!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Pretty much:

A personification of a nerd's dream.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Mole Man beat Thing, who has punched Hulk. That guy is not going to have a good time.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Moleman beats the bouncer with a stick, Peter sees this and starts sweating and shaking profusely.

oh nooooooooo :spidey:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is an edit, right? There's no way that's possible the real NSM strip.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Mole Man + Kingpin team up.

Now.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
It's gonna be magneto for no reason

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aunt May invites Mole Man to the premiere and Spiderman wrecks it somehow

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Being an old man and looking in a window? That'll get your lip split in this neighborhood, mister!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

La La Fine Dining

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Being an old man and looking in a window? That'll get your lip split in this neighborhood, mister!

Hollywood hates aging.

Anna and May will fight over Mole Man, and Ryan Murphy will write the 3rd season of Feud about it.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Aunt May will introduce Mole Man to polyamory.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Aunt May will introduce Mole Man to polyamory.

Just in time for Wonder Woman!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The MSJ posted:

Hollywood hates aging.

Anna and May will fight over Mole Man, and Ryan Murphy will write the 3rd season of Feud about it.

But wait, who will play May, and who will play Anna? I hope they bring back Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon again.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Panel 1 could almost be Mole Man reading Newspaper Spider Man.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's a bit short, but that's clearly the Phantom in his civilian disguise. Newspaper comic strip crossover coming up!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Syncopated posted:

He's a bit short, but that's clearly the Phantom in his civilian disguise. Newspaper comic strip crossover coming up!

Stop promoting his brand!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He'll never run the half marathon again.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This is the same move that took down a guy who can go toe to toe with the Hulk. I'm surprised this man's leg didn't fly off like Mole Man was playing golf with it.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Synthbuttrange posted:

He'll never run the half marathon again.

jyrque posted:

Moleman Mysterio beats the bouncer with a stick, Peter sees this and starts sweating and shaking profusely.

oh nooooooooo :spidey:

that is a face of fear

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Why in the world does his spider-sense care if two people are fighting outside? Does it go off whenever he's at the store and someone gets into an argument with the cashier?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

freshlybaked posted:

Why in the world does his spider-sense care if two people are fighting outside? Does it go off whenever he's at the store and someone gets into an argument with the cashier?

Spider-Man's spider sense has always basically done whatever the plot demands as long as 'danger' works into it somehow. He's sensed dudes with guns hidden on them or people walking by who might spot him but failed to notice, say, bricks that are about to hit his stupid head.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

freshlybaked posted:

his spider sense identifies blunt objects being used as weapons nearby, because they're spiderman's kryponite

it can't detect ones being used on him, because they're spiderman's kryptonite.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe his Spider-sense figures a dude getting kneecapped several feet away is a cause for concern!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Spider-Man's spider sense has always basically done whatever the plot demands as long as 'danger' works into it somehow. He's sensed dudes with guns hidden on them or people walking by who might spot him but failed to notice, say, bricks that are about to hit his stupid head.

bricks, being the natural predators of spider themed heroes, developed a natural coating that renders them invisible to spider senses

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I just have a hard time deciding what's so dangerous about some short guy getting into 'altercations' outside which have nothing to do with him. Or perhaps his precognition is so strong that it already knows what bizarre plot he's in for because of said short guy.

Tunicate posted:

his spider sense identifies blunt objects being used as weapons nearby, because they're spiderman's kryponite

it can't detect ones being used on him, because they're spiderman's kryptonite.

I can accept this because a real spider could not beat a brick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought it might still be doc ock until the trademark whackin' stick came out.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The proportional squishability of a spider

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pete is making it up. He just wants to escape a boring conversation.

Unfortunately, his bullshit happened to be right.

His spider-sense is going off because the chef spat in his food.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, i love peter's look of disgust and horror

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

they actually brought the whacking stick back. The continuity of NSM is truly incredible.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

freshlybaked posted:

I can accept this because a real spider could not beat a brick.

I just assume the sense stays quiet because there's nothing worth protecting when it comes to a blow to the head in Peter's case.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It wants to be knocked out of Peter's head and move to a good superhero. Become Captain America's patriot sense or Thor's godsense or something.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ZeroCount posted:

they actually brought the whacking stick back. The continuity of NSM is truly incredible.

The stick is like Mole Man's thing.

Although hitting people in the shins is usually not his go-to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The MSJ posted:

It wants to be knocked out of Peter's head and move to a good superhero. Become Captain America's patriot sense or Thor's godsense or something.

Hey! Someone is threatening America!

• Locked thread