Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
*felt good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
What did Pepe die of? Was it an impacted fart clog?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pierson posted:

at the very least I think we can agree that being a sextoy webcomic is tough and takes a lot of bravery and strength

Being a pervert on the Internet has not really ever called for either of those things.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Its also a pretty harmless comic, but those tend to draw the most ire on SA

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Using once-living sea sponges as tampons, like one of her guest comics suggested, can actually be harmful

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

Using once-living sea sponges as tampons, like one of her guest comics suggested, can actually be harmful

Jesus christ what

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

Wait, as reusable tampons? That sounds like a really, really easy way to get TSS unless you're fastidious about cleanliness :psyduck:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Nuns with Guns posted:

If you are going to get into it that much you might as well just post the guest webcomic in this, the webcomics thread.

https://www.ohjoysextoy.com/sponge/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Just Offscreen posted:

If you are going to get into it that much you might as well just post the guest webcomic in this, the webcomics thread.

Huge :nws: warning on that, if it wasn't obvious.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah my joke and what Nuns with Guns said are references that Oh Joy Sex Toy has some terrible ideas in it that range from weird as hell (the cuck comic, which is where the 'bravery and strength' thing is from and has like three memes about it), pretty dehumanising (old comic about trans people that was so insulting she apologised for it) or downright dangerous (the sponge one).

It means well but when it misses the mark it does so really, really hard.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 8, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oneiros posted:

Wait, as reusable tampons? That sounds like a really, really easy way to get TSS unless you're fastidious about cleanliness :psyduck:

Reusable, yep. And the FDA agreed that TSS was still a risk with sponge tampons last time they were tested. Ocean sponges are also bottom feeders and have tested for other bacteria and residue dirt when improperly prepared.

Just Offscreen posted:

I was phone posting :(

Hahaha I forgot they wanted you to clean it in tea tree oil, too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ocean sponges are also bottom feeders

I feel like there's a joke here but I just can't find it

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

Ocean sponges are also bottom feeders and have tested for other bacteria and residue dirt when improperly prepared.

Only in the sense that they're actually on the sea floor, right? I thought they were filter feeders.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OJST isn't sponge-worthy.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What did Pepe die of? Was it an impacted fart clog?

4Chan drove him to suicide.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fritz posted:

Only in the sense that they're actually on the sea floor, right? I thought they were filter feeders.

Sorry, yeah, to be clear they attach themselves to rocks on the sea floor or embed themselves in the sand

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
recently in monster pulse

this is an unexpected turn of events in a few ways

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

talk about a bluff

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah im p sure julie's bluffing, at least about going through with it. even that is v much a surprise given her characterization before tho

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 8, 2017

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

She's desperate though. To what lengths will a mouse go when cornered by a cat, etc etc. Though, given the other weird poo poo that the monsters can do, Kara could very probably do something along those lines. At least, up to this point, she's been the most "normal" and/or mundane of the monsters. And we have seen new rounds of powers being revealed in each monster(Ayo's earthquake/temor thing, Greenie's ability to make a sound very loud for only one person, Rixis making light copies of itself, etc.), so who knows if it's a bluff or not?

Do I think Julie would actually go through with it, assuming it's not a bluff? Probably not. But I guess we'll see.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

Do I think Julie would actually go through with it, assuming it's not a bluff? Probably not. But I guess we'll see.

You've also got to keep in mind that, as the last few pages have shown, Enid's still just a scared little kid at heart basically being held hostage by her hosed up monster head. Plus there's still that plot point of her mom tearfully asking West to bring her home safe. Magnolia's good at these long bomb payoffs.

I think the razor sharp part if a bluff, and Julie's gonna just wrap Enind up and leave her trapped and mobilized inside the cell while she and Kera slip out to stage rescue attempt.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

fritz posted:

I thought they were filter feeders.
They are indeed, which brings us to the red tide jokes.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I normally wouldn't post this here but the Prequel thread finally got loving closed not too long ago, telling people to just post here if it ever updated again. I've been following the fan page on facebook and just noticed they posted about this "update" a couple weeks ago:

Apologies to the people that contributed to the $60k Kaz raked in from people on indiegogo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's gonna need a lot of Chili's gift cards to sort this one out

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I know webcomics do sometimes come back from the dead and I wish it would, since I thought it redeemed a needlessly mean opening set of pages with some cool animation and interactive stuff and a much improved tone as it went on, but Prequel is super loving dead. A hiatus is one thing, ostensibly working through one update for a couple of years and not getting it done is quite another, no matter how big and fancy you claim it to be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wrist Watch posted:

the Prequel thread finally got loving closed not too long ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

I normally wouldn't post this here but the Prequel thread finally got loving closed not too long ago, telling people to just post here if it ever updated again.

The Achewood thread should probably go the same way now that the comic's ended for good this time.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

nine-gear crow posted:

You've also got to keep in mind that, as the last few pages have shown, Enid's still just a scared little kid at heart basically being held hostage by her hosed up monster head.

I don't check MP regularly but I don't remember that. When did that happen?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
enid is also the monster head. its a weird situation

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't check MP regularly but I don't remember that. When did that happen?
There was a chapter where the other Shell kids ducked out in the middle of the night and when they get back Enid was freaking out a bit because she thought she had been abandoned.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

yeah im p sure julie's bluffing, at least about going through with it. even that is v much a surprise given her characterization before tho

They're totally just threads from her hoodie.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Oh hey, look what wandered back into my rss feed! (Good thing I never clean it out).

Necropolis is updating (regularly?) again!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Oneiros posted:

Oh hey, look what wandered back into my rss feed! (Good thing I never clean it out).

Necropolis is updating (regularly?) again!
Hell yes, Jake Wyatt owns and I've been waiting for this for what feels like ages.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Is he seriously still working on Prequel? I feel like that entire subgenre of MSPA and its lookalikes lost its relevance after Homestuck went on that huge hiatus and sputtered out near the end.

Are they still working on the Kickstarter game and do people even care anymore?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
It's pretty clear that he's not still seriously working on Prequel, although something may happen there sometime, who knows.

There was a Hiveswap trailer released last month, so it seems like that is still happening at some point. I expect there will be renewed interest when it comes out, but not as much as there would have been a couple of years ago.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Homestuck's dead man. Dead.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
That Homestuck kickstarter is one of the most disastrous comic crowdfunding projects I've seen in a while, in terms of being an unruly fiasco that killed off interest in the comic it was based on

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Homestuck was such a weird phenomenon. It was so big, and it fanbase was so fervent, but it's like it was only being sustained by the author's break-neck pace. There are some fanbases that seem to stick around, but this one just vanished when the updates did.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I still stand by my belief that Problem Sleuth was the superior MS Paint Adventure.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And someone needs to make a complete backup of it ASAP before Hussie destroys it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Samuringa posted:

And someone needs to make a complete backup of it ASAP before Hussie destroys it

it's okay i have the books

• Locked thread