Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

If somebody ever said to me that Sonic CD was the greatest game ever made I'd place them under citizens arrest and immediately call Homeland Security

A goomba stomp for young me was finding out about the "debug mode" cheat in Sonic 2 for Genesis and being able to place any item anywhere & an anti-goomba stomp for young me was repeatedly seeing cheats titled "Slow-Mo mode!" that were just "Pause & unpause very quickly to use slow-mo mode!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

If somebody ever said to me that Sonic CD was the greatest game ever made I'd place them under citizens arrest and immediately call Homeland Security

thank you

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Look at this this guy who couldn't deal with Wacky Workbench

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
successfully executing the mockball for getting icebeam/super missiles first try in super metroid

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Using an S-break to steal a critical turn for insane damage in any Trails game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

firing 99% of the guns in nuclear throne

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pole-Jack Norsemen posted:

successfully executing the mockball for getting icebeam/super missiles first try in super metroid

Yeaaaah buddy. Also the perfectly timed missile shot to open the door before you horizontal shinespark to get to the wrecked ship early.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

blowing up a sniper by melee'ing his shot back at him

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

extremebuff posted:

I've played it for over 80 hours and I'm still finding new guns, it's so awesome

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ending a combo string in a Ground Pound in any of the Arkham games.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

blowing up a sniper by melee'ing his shot back at him

when you get stuck in a situation where you have to do this, and you do it, you feel like a loving bad rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beating a boss in Specter of Torment while never touching the ground

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I've heard nothing but good things about the witness personally, but I've been waiting for a sub 20 price. Although maybe the puzzle fiends in the puzzle megathread have a different opinion

Hey there, were you able to get a copy of The Witness when it was $12 in the last Humble Monthly™? I hope so because that's a sub 20 price, if I did the math correctly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When an online game gives everyone a freebie cash shop loot box and yours has the rarest item.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

When an online game gives everyone a freebie cash shop loot box and yours has the rarest item.

Yaaaaaaaaaas!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Getting destroyed at war thunder by russians constantly.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Getting destroyed at war thunder by russians constantly.

there's a reason why the time it takes to take off and climb to altitude in rb is the exact amount of time required to pack and rip a bowl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- parrying people with Baiken in Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I really liked pinpointing ores/minerals in mass effect 2's planet probing minigame it felt good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the little flourish link does sometimes in twilight princess when you sheathe your sword after a fight

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

the little flourish link does sometimes in twilight princess when you sheathe your sword after a fight

that's a good one

also from twilight princess: successfully pulling off the instant kill move

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countering enemy attacks in Wind Waker, if that's not already on the list.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

IdealFlaws posted:

I really liked pinpointing ores/minerals in mass effect 2's planet probing minigame it felt good

It was kind of fun and I don't see why people hate on it so much.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

recycling a bunch of stuff in prey and watching the cubes pour out of the machine

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

recycling a bunch of stuff in prey and watching the cubes pour out of the machine

Yeah, when you get that second squirt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is a tentative one but I've greatly enjoyed this in my first 3 hours of the game and it feels unique to me:

- dash drifting around corners in Wild Arms 1

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

This is a tentative one but I've greatly enjoyed this in my first 3 hours of the game and it feels unique to me:

- dash drifting around corners in Wild Arms 1

mastering pin point dashing/turning in the first 3 games + remake of 1 is never not a satisfying feeling.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
That moment in Baroque when you fling two worthless Atonement swords to the Cursebringer Angel on the even levels while being chased point-blank by a huge fuckoff hrode of Large Bullgers and Gliros, then grabbing the Music Box it tosses back and stepping into the stategically adjacent portal :whatup:

- walking over a Glue to squash it like a bitch without even needing to attack

- Evolving your gaming skills to kill them in midair to farm their rare Idea Sephirah :wink:

- Summon Torturer + Lightning Torturer or Fire Breath Brand = Level Up City

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
- Summon Torturer + Lighting Torturer of Fire Breath Brand = Level Up City

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

That moment in Baroque when you fling two worthless Atonement swords to the Cursebringer Angel on the even levels while being chased point-blank by a huge fuckoff hrode of Large Bullgers and Gliros, then grabbing the Music Box it tosses back and stepping into the stategically adjacent portal :whatup:

- walking over a Glue to squash it like a bitch without even needing to attack

- Evolving your gaming skills to kill them in midair to farm their rare Idea Sephirah :wink:

- Summon Torturer + Lightning Torturer or Fire Breath Brand = Level Up City

i cant make any sense of this

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

i cant make any sense of this

I'm not 100% sure he isn't just making stuff up

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Laugh it up, fuzzballs... more classic stomps

- when you step on a HPVT disc two or three times and it doesn't break :syoon:

- making the Mind Reader scatter bones and discs, then being thrown a Lust disc, so you can easily collect the voice file where she threatens to kick your rear end for getting horny at an old woman

- abandoning your dope enchanced Protector sword w/ Fire Parasite in the Consciousness Orb before entering the Absolute God's room and knowing it'll be waiting for you... :cheerdoge:

- when your hp is loving low, and your vitality is so high, but you have so many Heart Seeds... and then you found a Revolution Fluid... *slow grin*

- putting a sin-monis in lust (with a Lust Bone, et al.) when all seemed lost

- dodging a dying Bubugel (shades of Mario 64....)

- Every time you start a new game hitting the kid in the head an extra time so he shuts up faster to give you your poo poo back.

But the Goomba Stompingest of them all would have to be...

- Special Attack interrupting a loving Jerryrom :holymoley:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

- Following a Prideful Gabagool into the Tension Zone and hearing dat music change :ohyeah:

- Getting an air Frenulum just before you hit Ground Twelve

- Standing over a crowd of Slovenly Praksises and grinning before tossing your last Greedy Football amongst them and watching the crowd go muthafuckin wild :catdrugs:

- Saving up your Taint-Forged Blades to trade to the Grossest Parappa........ :drat:

- Perfectly hopping across the Frightingale Floor in time with the enraged noises of the Floor Clown :honk:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

- Following a Prideful Gabagool into the Tension Zone and hearing dat music change :ohyeah:

- Standing over a crowd of Slovenly Praksises and grinning before tossing your last Greedy Football amongst them and watching the crowd go muthafuckin wild :catdrugs:

- Saving up your Taint-Forged Blades to trade to the Grossest Parappa........ :drat:

- Perfectly hopping across the Frightingale Floor in time with the enraged noises of the Floor Clown :honk:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh poo poo no i forgot this mission and my database is stuck at 99.8% god dammit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao