Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Chokes McGee posted:

This is offhandedly going to be explained as a cooler full of snacks in two years and you know it. :haw:

Way more likely than my pet theory it's samples of Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with patented Hinder-90) that is the only remedy known to Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis (containing X-4).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

General Dog posted:

Every goon thinks he's a Crow, but is actually a Gypsy.

Please.

Come the gently caress on

Gypsy is way too important and vital

We're all Beepers and you drat well know it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm M. Waverly

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm the broken down loaner AMC Crow.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I'm the sticky stuff on the theater floor.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I'm Goosio

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm more like one of the Nanites.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm Tom in a dress.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

My friends and I actually started a riffing podcast thing* a few years ago, pretty much entirely as an excuse to force someone watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
I like to think of myself as the Mike, but I'm likely season one Servo.

EDIT: *These are self indulgent as hell. I don't add them to the normal episode feed.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 9, 2017

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I'm Eddie Nelson

And one of my mates is a legit Servo. Bitting sarcasm and can actually sing. Sadly he broke watching Fateful Findings (finest kind of 'bad' movie)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Paingod556 posted:

Sadly he broke watching Fateful Findings (finest kind of 'bad' movie)

Show him Double Down and I Am Here.... Now :getin:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
on the topic of cheesy movies that would be good for season 12, I nominate Bless the Beasts and Children, even if it is somewhat better in quality than a lot of the movies MST3K riffs, I do feel it's got more than enough corniness to work well, plus it's already got a connection to MST3K, as it's referenced in four separate episodes of the original run(Rocketship X-M, King Dinosaur, Gamera vs Zigra, and Being From Another Planet) so clearly it made some sort of impression on Joel(especially for a comparatively obscure 1971 film that as far as I can tell didn't get a home video release till the DVD era)

admittedly I've got a bit of a personal reason for suggesting this movie beyond it's suitability for riffing, as like Catalina Caper before it, it was partially shot on Catalina Island, and also my mother and uncle as kids have extremely brief blink and miss appearances as background extras

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Sash! posted:

I'm the broken down loaner AMC Crow.

HEY GUYS. OTHER THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING.

LATER WE'LL TAKE STUFF AND DO IT, RIGHT?

TO HAVE SAID GOODBYE TO THINGS.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm the payload.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm Jack Perkins

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm Cherokee Jack!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I'm Peter Graves, and I'm engaging in spirited hijinks here at the University of Minnesota.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Guys, I wasn't proud of being the Crow of our group. I'd much rather be Tom!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Realistically, I'm the Joel of the group, and I'm Joel on one of his off-days when he won't stop doing That Voice for the monster.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im good Dr. F.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Show him Double Down and I Am Here.... Now :getin:

I actually did show him I Am Here first, which drained enough of his sanity that he became that confused incredulous guys, with a 'What? WHY?!' every few minutes.

I do recommend them, just know you're getting into something special. Use The Room and Birdemic as warmups.

Now.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

It's always fun to spot another actor famous for his appearance in an MST3K episode doing some serious work. Yesterday I was watching Fitzcarraldo, and... hello Vadinho!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really like reading about how much fun the puppeteers had working on the show:

http://www.mst3k.com/amazing_colossal_puppetry_guide_cry_wilderness

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm Big McLargeHuge

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm Кетчуп.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNH4dafgFZY

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I want to decide who lives and who dies

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I'm basically Torgo IRL, but in my heart, I'm Rowsdower drinking beer on the sun.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hey since someone brought this up I'm just gonna put it out there. I found a couple episodes of this on a video site and was able to download them and they came along with Russian subtitles. So you know, timing's done. Just saying.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm the inordinate number of new posts in this thread leading me to believe the renewal had been announced.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

Hey since someone brought this up I'm just gonna put it out there. I found a couple episodes of this on a video site and was able to download them and they came along with Russian subtitles. So you know, timing's done. Just saying.

I have no ability to translate anything beyond my own language and even that is suspect, so all I will say is that you are a hero and a scholar and I hope more comes through for this

I loved Russian Married with Children and I want to experience Russian MST3K

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New backer update; Joel somewhat bluntly hints at a MST3K live tour. More details next week.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

New backer update; Joel somewhat bluntly hints at a MST3K live tour. More details next week.

He's been talking about June a lot in interviews as the target. I bet they come to Boston and I am pleased about it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

General Dog posted:

Every goon thinks he's a Crow but is actually a stack of increasingly urgent cease & desist notices from Best Brains.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

I have no ability to translate anything beyond my own language and even that is suspect, so all I will say is that you are a hero and a scholar and I hope more comes through for this

I loved Russian Married with Children and I want to experience Russian MST3K

Yeah I can't translate either, but sometimes I can rope others into doing it.

I wonder about how you'd need to do it though, since the movie and the riffs would both need to be subtitled. Top and bottom of the screen, maybe?

The films themselves seem like they are maybe Russian propaganda films too? I could be wrong about that but that's the vibe they give off.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah I can't translate either, but sometimes I can rope others into doing it.

I wonder about how you'd need to do it though, since the movie and the riffs would both need to be subtitled. Top and bottom of the screen, maybe?

The films themselves seem like they are maybe Russian propaganda films too? I could be wrong about that but that's the vibe they give off.

I'd be shocked if they weren't. We got quite a few propaganda films from the US after all.

Dual subtitling would be difficult, but top and bottom makes sense to me. A few movies do that when characters talk over one another.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

General Dog posted:

Well-read-but-not-as-well-as-I-think, overinflated ego, collapses into emotional crisis at the drop of a hat: I am clearly Tom Servo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Egbert Souse posted:

I want to decide who lives and who dies

Oh, I don't know...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Well-read-but-not-as-well-as-I-think, overinflated ego, collapses into emotional crisis at the drop of a hat: I am clearly Tom Servo.

Don't forget "so sarcastic your head exploded once."

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I am clearly one of tom's spare heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'm Mikey.