Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's how Grimz plays. He hunts every person he sees because it clears out his path as the circle narrows down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's how Grimz plays. He hunts every person he sees because it clears out his path as the circle narrows down.

that's really the only way this game should be played.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

funny Star Wars parody posted:

that's really the only way this game should be played.

Makes it a lot of fun

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Akion posted:

In my experience, the more geared I am the less likely I am to do well.

Hope is a mistake.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is usually how i play, and try to get goons to play as well. If you know where they are, and they don't know you're comming, you have a huge advantage. Also, often it means you have your back clear against the circle. A small price to pay is that you some times get circlyfucked by it, but no gains without risk. The clue is to be fast and rush in those situations. If you linger and it turns into a stalemate the circle will gently caress you over.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

After trying like 10 times, I finally managed to capture the fabled solo squad win.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

AnElegantPeacock posted:

It has something to do with the frame rate and the refresh rate on your monitor and how things render. It probably has a 60hz tick rate and all the super l33t progamers want 120hz. Very few games actually surface tickrate though. The recent Battlefield games are the only ones I can think of.

I think you're mixing up screen refresh rates and server ticks, here

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnElegantPeacock posted:

It has something to do with the frame rate and the refresh rate on your monitor and how things render. It probably has a 60hz tick rate and all the super l33t progamers want 120hz. Very few games actually surface tickrate though. The recent Battlefield games are the only ones I can think of.

Yeah, what Bohemian Nights said. Unless you're being very specific about bad netcode threading, server tickrate and your monitor's refresh rate aren't related. You can play a 20hz tickrate game at 120 fps in a 120hz monitor and that'll be a much smoother and pleasant experience than playing the same game with 20 fps. You don't need a 128 ticks per second server to reap the benefits of a 120/144/165hz monitor, although pretty much everyone benefits from a more precise server that's not running on 30 ticks per second like battlefield.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

cyanidewolf posted:

After trying like 10 times, I finally managed to capture the fabled solo squad win.

Surprised it took you even that many.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessGrotesqueNuggetsTinyFace

the doctor has some words for all you pussy rear end b*tches

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I picked this up last night. My second game I put on a pair of combat pants and somehow bugged out the interface. I couldn't grab any items off the ground using F or using the inventory screen. I ended up dropping the pants out of desperation and then couldn't pick them back up either. So of course I survived to the top 10. My glorious, pantsless end came when I rushed a prone guy in what appeared to be full tactical gear with an assault rifle. I frantically tried to punch him in the face as he fired a fatal burst into my woefully unarmored ballsack.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

how to drive vehicles
https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentBadPanKappa

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

Surprised it took you even that many.

Because he's pro or because you think it's easy to win squad games solo?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

afkmacro posted:

It's Cyanidewolf, safe to say if anyone can manage it, it'd be him. I'm surprised he only got 8 kills, unusually low for him in an arma-type game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

loving christ that's an amazing sequence.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

afkmacro posted:

Cyanidewolf is good as gently caress and surprisingly un-autistic. 10/10 teammate and super cool dude.

The only thing limiting his kills is being able to find people quickly enough.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

tehinternet posted:

Cyanidewolf is good as gently caress and surprisingly un-autistic. 10/10 teammate and super cool dude.

The only thing limiting his kills is being able to find people quickly enough.

I am thankful of these nice words (and to Gramps too) because this morning I was hella bad and kinda felt bad letting my squad down like that :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Played some games this morning and managed a 3rd place. Been getting to the top 3 a lot recently too, I just gently caress up positioning a lot.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

cyanidewolf posted:

I am thankful of these nice words (and to Gramps too) because this morning I was hella bad and kinda felt bad letting my squad down like that :(

poo poo, I'll team with you when you're "bad" since your bad is equivalent to most of my average games.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

lmao the amount of first aids and lv3 gear

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Picer posted:

This is usually how i play, and try to get goons to play as well. If you know where they are, and they don't know you're comming, you have a huge advantage. Also, often it means you have your back clear against the circle. A small price to pay is that you some times get circlyfucked by it, but no gains without risk. The clue is to be fast and rush in those situations. If you linger and it turns into a stalemate the circle will gently caress you over.
This lesson solidified for me after enough times of ending up with the edge of the circle right behind me, and I know I have people to my left and right. Once you're there, unless you do something clever/aggressive/stupid to get out of that spot (or better: doing that before you end up in this spot), you'll all be running in to a tighter circle and it's extremely likely that you'll get forced into the choice of eating strong circle ticks or get flanked super hard by some dude.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 9, 2017

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Re: voice chat, turn it on when you aren't in the loading zone

Also you can listen to this loud clip with my retarded voice chatting @ pubbies

https://streamable.com/t84s1

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Jbz posted:

Re: voice chat, turn it on when you aren't in the loading zone

Also you can listen to this loud clip with my retarded voice chatting @ pubbies

https://streamable.com/t84s1

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i don't understand how the doctor ends up messing up driving so much
https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedOutstandingSnakeAllenHuhu

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rite Of Massage posted:

it's because he doesnt care and also because it provides a level of entertainment because he's a 1980's A-team caricature with an anger problem who is not nearly as good at his job as he claims to be

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

it's because he doesnt care and also because it provides a level of entertainment because he's a 1980's A-team caricature with an anger problem who is not nearly as good at his job as he claims to be

as much as i believe most of what you've said, i really doubt he is intentionally trying to find innovative new ways to abuse car physics for my entertainment. it is incredibly funny and unlucky, though

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Plus YOU try playing with sunglasses on.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessGrotesqueNuggetsTinyFace

the doctor has some words for all you pussy rear end b*tches

Christ this dude sucks so much.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Haven't you see any of my videos? Driving is the best part of this lovely shooting game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rite Of Massage posted:

as much as i believe most of what you've said, i really doubt he is intentionally trying to find innovative new ways to abuse car physics for my entertainment. it is incredibly funny and unlucky, though
well no but he certainly isnt dodging the things he runs into

Badfinger posted:

Christ this dude sucks so much.

Dude he's the 1993/1994 Blockbuster Video Game Champion, he doesn't need to prove anything to your goony rear end

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

Rite Of Massage posted:

To be fair, he isn't the first person to crash into the immovable traffic cones in Mylta.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Dude he's the 1993/1994 Blockbuster Video Game Champion, he doesn't need to prove anything to your goony rear end

I don't give a gently caress about video games he sucks as a person.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone get this joker out of here

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Got my first win! I landed in the firing range and kept chasing someone around with punches. Must have scared them enough not to grab ammo--they never turned to fire on me and I finished them off with a rifle. From there I got lucky with circle placement. The game eventually centered on a single cabin overlooking Pozhok that I managed to seize before the others. Really exciting game with a lot of close calls.

The real funny thing about the first kill was that he was running with a shotgun while I just had my fists. So I was always able to catch him while he frantically went from stockpile to stockpile for something to fight back with.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

making GBS threads stars posted:

To be fair, he isn't the first person to crash into the immovable traffic cones in Mylta.

Those goddamn cones

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
DrDisrespect has a decent gimmick but his execution of it is just terrible. It's so awkward every clip I see it looks like it's the first day he's ever done it.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Bolow posted:

Landing a good flashbang will blind the poo poo out of someone for 10 seconds or so. The trick is you know landing it

Eh, it also made my client crash once.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Hra Mormo posted:

DrDisrespect has a decent gimmick but his execution of it is just terrible. It's so awkward every clip I see it looks like it's the first day he's ever done it.

I watch streams sometimes on weekdays for a few minutes, if lirik is off, I tune into doc's stream and I find it pretty fun. If you're not in the mood for it, it will definitely annoy you tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

What's with the road ending west of Malta? Your car hits it and you flip up instantly lol. Like two weeks ago that happened and people were prone behind it and blasted us. I just remembered this

• Locked thread