Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Digiwizzard posted:

whats the deal with RT anyways, everyone knows it's a Russian operated mouthpiece but all of its programming tends to have an obvious leftist spin

putin's playing chess, the gop is playing go fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Thom and the Heads posted:

i've heard get lucky probably hundreds of times by this point but it still groooooves

i hope they do a tour soon and that i somehow get tickets. i think id even do some drugs just for the big occasion

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Digiwizzard posted:

whats the deal with RT anyways, everyone knows it's a Russian operated mouthpiece but all of its programming tends to have an obvious leftist spin

that was just their editorial strategy to get eyeballs in the US. fox owns the right wing, so they figured they could scoop up viewers by running a TYT clone.

(it didn't work :ssh:)

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
pretend i'm posting trump-wrong.gif in reply to all your posts, regardless if you're actually making a wrong point or not.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

The FCC investigation into Colbert's scandalous joke isn't the only questionable story the liberal media has embraced to fit its narrative. Last week, New York ran an article with the headline, "In Trump's America, Being Sexually Assaulted Could Make Your Health Insurance More Expensive," which aggregated a Mic story espousing a similar claim. The libertarian website Reason debunked these claims, explaining that the truth was a lot more mundane and complicated:

Nothing in the new Republican health care bill specifically addresses sexual assault or domestic violence whatsoever. What it does say is that states can apply for waivers that will allow insurance companies, under certain limited circumstances, to charge higher premiums to people based on their personal medical histories—that's it.

uhh, is this lady dumb?

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Jose posted:

i just remembered that cruz bought 100 tins of soup lol

good soup

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

yeah, she's basically using reason's "just because they can do these things doesn't mean they will" line with is bullshit bc we know they absolutely will do these things

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

She writes for try-hard vice and has this in her article:

"Welcome to Evesplaining, politics writer Eve Peyser's new column about why everyone else is wrong and she's right."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

are you not into Evesplaining?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
nothing makes me LOL harder than posts of the "Conservative Punk" or "Libertarian Punk" genre. Comedy freaking gold.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

What does your ❤️ tell you

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
seekey pointmingly sounds like popeyes reporter friend

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

yeah, she's basically using reason's "just because they can do these things doesn't mean they will" line with is bullshit bc we know they absolutely will do these things

but both sides are the same? haha jk lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

only a smoothbrain would believe that a corporation would do anything but maximize their own profits at the expense of everything else

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

uhh, is this lady dumb?

she managed to ruin an article that was supposed to say "the FCC has to investigate every complaint it gets. relax and save your outrage when something actually happens"

we're already seen what the healthcare market that allows pricing out people with preexisting conditions looks like and it ain't pretty

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Serf posted:

only a smoothbrain would believe that a corporation would do anything but maximize their own profits at the expense of everything else

*posts a bunch of dumb words about compassionate capitalism*

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Vice is that Andy samberg skit where he says "I'm not a part of your system" except instead of a cake being thrown on the ground, it's their staff's trust funds and they aren't throwing them on the ground because they need them.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Serf posted:

Libertarians.txt

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Joementum posted:

that was just their editorial strategy to get eyeballs in the US. fox owns the right wing, so they figured they could scoop up viewers by running a TYT clone.

(it didn't work :ssh:)

But why are they sticking to it if it's not working. Like, their assets are getting compromised for associating with a channel that mostly produces 17 different versions of Democracy Now!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!
not quite sexdoctor but this is Don McGahn, counsel to the president
https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/861946301063155712

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Vice is that Andy samberg skit where he says "I'm not a part of your system" except instead of a cake being thrown on the ground, it's their staff's trust funds and they aren't throwing them on the ground because they need them.

vice is worth $4bn

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Brain Curry posted:

Gov Christie - "I just don't believe I look like a greasy Humpty Dumpty"

lol this is the best

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

babar's grandma noooo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'M AN ADULT!!!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'M AN ADULT!!!

And I'm cumin'

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tenderjerk posted:

not quite sexdoctor but this is Don McGahn, counsel to the president
https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/861946301063155712

I mean he might be able to slay. Who knows?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

So many opinions to throw against the wall.
Like this, and this, and that, and even this
I'm an ADULT!

edit: beaten

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 9, 2017

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Jose posted:

vice is worth $4bn

what % of that is comprised of their stash?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Sup daycrew

What are we mad about today?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Jose posted:

vice is worth $4bn

yeah, that investment from news corp really helped their expansion

Keep fighting that system bros "does kickflip-to-reverse-720°, dies of treatable condition"

Serf
May 5, 2011

i like vice but lmao that article is Bad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

vice is a just a buncha tubbs full of garbage everything they say is a crockett poo poo

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean he might be able to slay. Who knows?

I'm the retro mello yello shirt purchased from target in 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Serf posted:

i like vice but lmao that article is Bad

if vice was a painting id want it Off The Wall

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fidel Castronaut posted:

She writes for try-hard vice and has this in her article:

"Welcome to Evesplaining, politics writer Eve Peyser's new column about why everyone else is wrong and she's right."

wtf is try hard vice?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Digiwizzard posted:

But why are they sticking to it if it's not working. Like, their assets are getting compromised for associating with a channel that mostly produces 17 different versions of Democracy Now!

Because governments waste money on this poo poo all the time. The US has dozens of "Voice of ______" stations in all sorts of media that have been broadcasting since the end of WWII and you'll notice they didn't manage to topple the Eastern Bloc, Cuba, or East Asian governments.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Thatim posted:

Sup daycrew

What are we mad about today?

THE DUMB WAITER AT DENNY's HASNT BROUGHT ME A TGIRD SAMPLER OF THER F'ng SYRUP YET?

THIS IS AMERICA GODDAMNIT

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

I heard an ad on the radio for vice and I was certain it was an Onion style parody on them until the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Digiwizzard posted:

aggggghhhh one was boring enough

• Locked thread