Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lux Aeterna posted:

gotg2 is a good movie

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

the email said it was content

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I kind of have to agree with this sentiment. The writing and performances were off just enough that I didn't really enjoy it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Grinning Goblin posted:

the email said it was content

i laughed at that too

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
How much content is getting a free pet FULLY LEVELED UP or leveling the two possible team-ups from the cards

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

deathplaque, professional disliker of things

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Apparently my standards for movies are as high as who is on my steam friends list

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Somehow I've known about this game for years but only just now decided to give it a try. I think maybe I was under the impression it required a subscription or something and that's why I never bothered before. Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. Should I be spending my credits on anything? I haven't really checked out the vendors because so far (I've got Hulk up to lvl 31 now) I haven't felt like I actually needed anything. Should I just keep saving them for when the game gets tougher? Is crafting worthwhile, or should I just vendor all the stuff that's been accumulating in my stash?

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 7, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Inspector 34 posted:

Somehow I've known about this game for years but only just now decided to give it a try. I think maybe I was under the impression it required a subscription or something and that's why I never bothered before. Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. Should I be spending my credits on anything? I haven't really checked out the vendors because so far (I've got Hulk up to lvl 31 now) I haven't felt like I actually needed anything. Should I just keep saving them for when the game gets tougher? Is crafting worthwhile, or should I just vendor all the stuff that's been accumulating in my stash?

Donate all the poo poo you don't think you need to the crafter to level them up and access more recipes. At least I think that's how it still works.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Once you get all the catalyst affix recipes at crafter level (8?), you might as well wait until the next event that gives you lots of stackable items to sell for credits. There is the reroll artifact recipe and the costume masher, but they're way up at level 18 and 20, and ferrying individual items back to the vendor is never fun.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 8, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MichaelMayhem posted:

Hello Venom fans!

When we asked for your feedback after the Biggest Update Ever regarding the quality of heroes, it was clear that Venom was going to need more than a minor set of changes.

In making Venom, we set out to be inspired by a wide variety of his source material - comics spanning decades, video games, and TV/film appearances. This resulted in a Venom we believed to be a unique take, but it did not satisfy players who really wanted to focus in on only one of those aspects - particularly, the “Classic” Lethal Protector Venom.

We want to change that.

To do so, since this project is heavily influenced by community expectations and requests, I come to you much earlier in the process with the plan regarding Venom’s changes. This is a very rare occasion and a special exception in Venom’s case - we generally want to present a playable prototype in Test Center before judgments can be made, as it is much more difficult to judge words on paper compared to actual playtesting.

None of these changes are in progress yet and are all subject to change based on the community’s reception to this plan (among other things that may change the design even after this thread has been concluded). As such, there is no date or even quarter I can provide for when an update like this might come out. If the plan is sound, we’ll start on it, and provide updates when we can when we have a better idea of when all of the work is looking to be complete.

We want to make sure that the changes we make are going to make all Venom players feel that they can play an authentic character, regardless of which incarnation of Venom that is. If, after reading through the plan, if there are references to Venom’s attacks you think we could include that make sense and fill a gap in his available powers, post it so we can think about if we can or should include it.

If you are a player who wants a full Lethal Protector, read through this plan, and tell us your thoughts.

If you enjoyed a more modern take on Venom, with tendrils and transformations, we want to make sure you still have options to make a build that you enjoy that uses those types of powers.

And if your ideal Venom is a mix of both a Classic power set and some of the modern, you should be able to make that happen too.
I can't be arsed to post the list of proposed changes, so go look here if you're into that sort of thing.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

MichaelMayhem posted:

Also, whats up with that anatomy? Brock's chin is where Venom's mouth is. The tongue is literally protruding off of his chin.

It's a living suit? You wear it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hi for our first new piece of PC content we are making Venom play even more like Spider-man you are welcome.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Can I vote for skipping Venom revamp and instead put them to work on a playable Agent Venom?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

It's a living suit? You wear it.

You ARE it. Your anatomy is as pliable as the symbiote is once you merge with it.

Also holy poo poo they better not change monster-mash Venom too much.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 9, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kokoro Wish posted:

You ARE it. You anatomy is as pliable as the symbiote is once you merge with it.

Aslo holy poo poo they better not change monster-mash Venom too much.
Replacing Ichor with Webbing. You can talent into a Secondary Resource Bar to get back an Ichor bar that fills up by using health-spending powers (talented into) and when it fills it makes your next health spending power deal more damage.

I feel like the reason why is, they had a contest around the office to come up with the worst possible implementation and this one sounded easier to code than "your powers only activate if you slam your face into the keyboard hard enough to bruise".

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I would like to see a playable Agent Venom that has Venom: Space Knight as a costume variation.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kokoro Wish posted:

You ARE it. You anatomy is as pliable as the symbiote is once you merge with it.

Aslo holy poo poo they better not change monster-mash Venom too much.
Don't worry, everything they take off of him will magically appear on Carnage.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I would like to see a playable Agent Venom that has Venom: Space Knight as a costume variation.

Or just make the latter first and give it an Agent Venom costume. I'm not picky.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Ghostlight posted:

Don't worry, everything they take off of him will magically appear on Carnage.

Much like the items I have on Venom.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Can I vote for skipping Venom revamp and instead put them to work on a playable Agent Venom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNOI-VNunlU

done

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

@Asros posted:

@TheFantastic posted:

I'd like to see horseman deadpool

quote:

@Asros said that all the Horsemen were going to actually be Horsewomen.
ARE. Not were. ARE.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hope they give flash a movie costume too

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Space Vernon. A top tier waifu.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Someone tried to give me a PS4 beta code, which I laugh at, ha ha, so here someone have it instead. 4LA9-2KNE-P4BT

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Do I really need to be lvl 60 to enter Hightown? I'm 46 now and just want to finish up the main story before I grind out gear and up the difficulty. Do things actually get more difficult in Hightown? I know they kind of intended the story to get you up to 60 on the first play through, but come on I'm ready to wreck some poo poo and they won't let me!

More importantly though, I think someone here said that part of the reward for completing story mode is a whole bunch of Eternity Spinters and I kind of wanted to start messing around with another hero soon. Having to go another 14 levels just to gain access to an area seems kind of dumb and arbitrary. Oh well, game is still fun for now so I guess I'll go through some LQ's or just romp around Midtown for a while.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Kokoro Wish posted:

ARE. Not were. ARE.

quote:

No. What i meant is that all 4 of our horsemen are female. Not a rotating set, will be 4 specific females.

Apocalypse and his waifus

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

playable catherine the great

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Do I really need to be lvl 60 to enter Hightown? I'm 46 now and just want to finish up the main story before I grind out gear and up the difficulty. Do things actually get more difficult in Hightown? I know they kind of intended the story to get you up to 60 on the first play through, but come on I'm ready to wreck some poo poo and they won't let me!

More importantly though, I think someone here said that part of the reward for completing story mode is a whole bunch of Eternity Spinters and I kind of wanted to start messing around with another hero soon. Having to go another 14 levels just to gain access to an area seems kind of dumb and arbitrary. Oh well, game is still fun for now so I guess I'll go through some LQ's or just romp around Midtown for a while.
Yeah - Chapter 10 used to be level 60 only, and when they changed it they either intentionally or unintentionally left the specific version of Hightown you have to visit for the final quests locked to level 60.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kainser posted:

Apocalypse and his waifus

Well, then, we know one will be Squirrel Girl...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I legit love when games decide to do their own Horsemen of Apocalypse, like Avengers Alliance having Death/Iceman, War/X-23, Pestilence/Beast and Famine/Rogue

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Famine: Content Man
Pestilence: Captain Patchbugs
War: MAGA Man
Death: Ms Steamlogins

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone at Gaz was loving with Asros yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/861611486300352512
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/861611669893521408
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/861613687974486016
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/861613744052359169

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

shame they didn't just leave notes that said "YOU'RE FIRED"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

of course has has an iron patriot figure and 2 war machines

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

of course has has an iron patriot figure and 2 war machines

Is this the comic book nerd equivalent of saying "I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

part of the prank is they replaced his pregnant sue storm figurines with rhodeys

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

part of the prank is they replaced his pregnant sue storm figurines with rhodeys

Is this part of Ashton Kutcher's new prank show, CUCK'D?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

three times u will deny me before the cuck cries morning, asros

ryolnir 3:16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
is ultron good