Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Gustav posted:

But that's a terrible metric of the mechanic. You don't bribe "guys", you bribe camps. No one goes to a bruiser camp with 2 bribe stacks to cap 2 guys. On old maps you need 4 before you can go, on Hanamura you need 1, that's how it is.

You can argue it's balanced if you want, but it's inconsistent as all hell.

e: Also not balanced.

What about the diablo maps where there are 3 guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Blizz please make Pixie Dust give Armor for the duration and not block charges because block charges are pretty worthless in this brave new era of heroes having ten auto attack ticks per second.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gustav posted:

But that's a terrible metric of the mechanic. You don't bribe "guys", you bribe camps. No one goes to a bruiser camp with 2 bribe stacks to cap 2 guys. On old maps you need 4 before you can go, on Hanamura you need 1, that's how it is.

:confused: It actually is perfectly consistent. You expend one charge of Bribe per unit. That's how it works with the generic bruiser knights/siege ogres, the Diablo spear throwers and dog summoners, the Starcraft firebats, and the Hanamura omnics.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

blastron posted:

Blizz please make Pixie Dust give Armor for the duration and not block charges because block charges are pretty worthless in this brave new era of heroes having ten auto attack ticks per second.

Change all block talents to giving you phys armour for X seconds every Y seconds, like Spell Shield.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Change all block talents to giving you phys armour for X seconds every Y seconds, like Spell Shield.

Spell Shield is great! Spell Block is one of the worst mechanics in the game and I have no idea why they have it in next to actually good mitigation things like Spell Shield. Spell Shield will protect you from taking spell damage, full stop. Spell Block will either save you from Pyroblast or do next to nothing to stop Disintegrate.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

we see lili, arthas, genji on the enemy team

our last pick is... zagara on a small map

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blastron posted:

Spell Shield is great! Spell Block is one of the worst mechanics in the game and I have no idea why they have it in next to actually good mitigation things like Spell Shield. Spell Shield will protect you from taking spell damage, full stop. Spell Block will either save you from Pyroblast or do next to nothing to stop Disintegrate.

What hero has Spell Block?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's 50% more duration on his trait.

Yes, thank you for telling me what the talent does.

Most relevant damage is going to come in short bursts. An extra second of Devotion gives you more leeway in anticipating damage I guess. If you really need to keep someone up through a wave of damage then you get four seconds baseline between Q and W, and potentially 2 more seconds with Benediction at 16.

Holy Radiance is titchy to hit people with and Holy Light is single target. The real value in that increased duration is when you can blast your entire team with Holy Radiance, but because Uther wants to be near the front line, it's going to be awkward nailing everyone and you'll usually only tag yourself, the tank, and with it.

I think having essentially infinite mana and much more frequent Hammers is more valuable. You can usually get 3-4 swings off between casts of Hammers of Justice, which is nearly twice as frequent as baseline. Combined with Well Met! that's some pretty potent lockdown.

There are some cases where I'd go Wave of Light, such as against an Anub'arak or ETC (or another potent initiator) and combining it with Guardian of Ancient Kings and then Divine Protection later at 20.

IcePhoenix posted:

Were we in the same stack? Had that happen in one of my games last night and it was hilarious. Exploding bone armor talent against chogall is also fun since it does damage based on max health.

Also to piggyback off the Hanamura sapper discussion earlier (I didn't know Hanamura had that), I also learned last night that the siege units on Towers of Doom will damage the core if they get all the way through.

Yes I was, and that Towers of Doom game was especially good because of the big turnaround we had.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SKULL.GIF posted:

What hero has Spell Block?

It's on talents. Brightwing can grant it with Pixie Dust at level 13, Ragnaros and Li-Ming both have talents that give them charges when they land skillshots, and I think there's a couple more that I'm not remembering.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

blastron posted:

It's on talents. Brightwing can grant it with Pixie Dust at level 13, Ragnaros and Li-Ming both have talents that give them charges when they land skillshots, and I think there's a couple more that I'm not remembering.

Samuro has it on his level 4 talent Mirage. I agree with you, as well. Either amazing when it blocks a bulky attack or useless when it blocks one tick of a DoT.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blastron posted:

Shield Dust (13): Pixie Dust grants Spell Armor for 4 seconds, reducing spell damage taken by 40%.

Anub'arak and Stitches get Spell Armor that triggers against the first ability used against it, but it has a duration (1.5 seconds).

I agree that the Ragnaros/Li-Ming/Samuro block charges aren't great, but at least Li-Ming gets four.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kashuno posted:

1 guy costs 1 bribe is what I mean when I talk about mechanics

Put a parrot on his shoulder. Parrot is invulnerable to damage and can only be bribed, but flies away if you kill his buddy with normal damage :v:

Also is new Alarak a beast? He has an infinitely stacking Gathering Power at 13, a 2.5 sec Battle Momentum vs CCed enemies at 16 (you have two slows at lvl 1 and 7 and of course your silence), and a 30 second flash at level 20.

I mean one death and you're back to pre-rework Alarak, who wasn't great but also not dumpster.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'm new to the game and Brightwing is my bff. Is there a BW announcer va?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes and you can browse them by looking at your collection page or just going to a character and setting their announcer to Brightwing once you buy him.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Sweet. Yeah I am out of town for the week so I haven't been able to look. I've been trying to understand the thread but it's been tough.

I have also been having problems recognizing different characters. Is there a way to get the hero name under the name plate? Or does it just come with time

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Shield Dust (13): Pixie Dust grants Spell Armor for 4 seconds, reducing spell damage taken by 40%.

Ah my bad, there was a change to make it only work against one effect back when Armor was rolled out but I guess they reverted it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rufio posted:

Sweet. Yeah I am out of town for the week so I haven't been able to look. I've been trying to understand the thread but it's been tough.

I have also been having problems recognizing different characters. Is there a way to get the hero name under the name plate? Or does it just come with time

You'll learn it just by playing more games. Are you familiar with any of Blizzard's other franchises? Or is it just a few guys you don't recognize?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Gustav posted:

They could just add dudes to the camps, then it wouldn't be confusing from a consistency standpoint.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I didn't think the camps on Hanamura were even marked "bruiser" or "siege" or anything. I'm not 100% sure what the issue is.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure it's marked support camp but I can't check atm to be safe. The argument is stupid

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

bamhand posted:

You'll learn it just by playing more games. Are you familiar with any of Blizzard's other franchises? Or is it just a few guys you don't recognize?

The OW and Diablo characters I'm familiar with, it's just the SC and WoW dudes that I don't have a clue who they are. Also the different skins can kinda throw me off but I guess I'll just get a hang of it over time. At least this isn't one of the other MOBAs with 100s of heroes or whatever I guess

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yes I was, and that Towers of Doom game was especially good because of the big turnaround we had.

Yeah, that game was super good. Crazy what happens when a team actually starts working together :v:

I'm a little sad that I have to decide between "having Xul" and "having gold" now, though.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Crazy thought here but maybe they want bribe to be better on certain maps just like how globals are better on certain maps, zone control is better on certain maps, siege damage, etc

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Rufio posted:

It costs 1600 shards though so be prepared to shell out

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
PYF most wanted skin ideas:

Sgt. Hammer, but it's Torbjorn riding his turret.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Still want Sgt. Hammer skin that is just her walking around the battlefield with a Bazooka. Siege is she sets it on the ground like a mortar launcher. W is she swings the Bazooka, Z is she jumps on it and rockets away.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bogart posted:

Bowling chogall

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Anyone excited to see a level 20 Genji dash in and 1-shot an enemy team on a boss cap point by deflecting D.Va's self destruct?

I mean in 3 months when D.Va isn't instant ban.

e: I was literally watching this video, 2 minutes away from seeing this clip when I posted the above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LFwN60jPhI&t=1344s

Rufio posted:

The OW and Diablo characters I'm familiar with, it's just the SC and WoW dudes that I don't have a clue who they are. Also the different skins can kinda throw me off but I guess I'll just get a hang of it over time. At least this isn't one of the other MOBAs with 100s of heroes or whatever I guess

If you're in game, you can hit tab to see the names.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 9, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

blastron posted:

Ah my bad, there was a change to make it only work against one effect back when Armor was rolled out but I guess they reverted it.

The nerf never actually happened. It was just a tooltip error.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of Genji deflect, he can almost solo the Braxis boss with Deflect and Perfect Defense/Shingan/Reflect.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Bogart posted:

Grommash Hellscream (Warcraft 2 version) replacement for ETC

Belial for Ragnaros

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 9, 2017

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Anyone excited to see a level 20 Genji dash in and 1-shot an enemy team on a boss cap point by deflecting D.Va's self destruct?

This isn't at all how Genji's deflect works. He is protected from damage and flings a kunai for each damage instance deflected. This is why deflecting fast attacks such as tychus, tracer, tassadar, liming do so much damage. It would do almost nothing deflecting a D.Va ult.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

karrethuun posted:

This isn't at all how Genji's deflect works. He is protected from damage and flings a kunai for each damage instance deflected. This is why deflecting fast attacks such as tychus, tracer, tassadar, liming do so much damage. It would do almost nothing deflecting a D.Va ult.

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bogart posted:

War Boy murky
His slime is silver chrome, his fish is a tire, his egg is a V8, and he's all leather strappy post-apocalyptic

Pub Lad Zul'jin
He has a newsboy cap, he throws darts instead of axes, and he drinks a pint when he regens. Also his accent is an ungodly mix of Troll and Cockney

Faust Genji
He's just Faust from Guilty Gear

edit:
Bowling Li Ming holding a bowling trophy and a ball, her beam and darts shoot pins, pin clatter when the orb hits

s y n t h w a v e etc

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 9, 2017

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'll only accept Grommash as a hero or skin idea if he actually has what he used to have in WC2 that got him the name Hellscream to begin with.

That is, a scream from and/or like hell.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bogart posted:

Pajama Rexxar with teddy Misha.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Airspace posted:

I'll only accept Grommash as a hero or skin idea if he actually has what he used to have in WC2 that got him the name Hellscream to begin with.

That is, a scream from and/or like hell.

I'll only accept Grom if it's not Grom but Garrosh cause Garrosh rules and Grom drools

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Dietrich posted:

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

Yeah when you get this talent you can really poo poo on unsuspecting people on Shrines by walking through the Arcane Golem's lasers.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Janitor Leoric
Skellington Xul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Gul'Danzig, modeled after present day Glenn Danzig