Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Agnosticnixie posted:

Also Gad Saad is definitely more worrisome because he acts like he has science on his side rather than god (probably because he's not a WASP like Peterson) and imo that's a lot more insidious as a way to hide your prejudices. Also the guy is a massive self-promoter.

I have to wonder how raw he is that Peterson rolled in and stole his schtick despite being a newcomer and being way more unhinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Most of the strivers are too busy working two jobs to have an opinion

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ONDP promises money for social housing repairs, OLP says "we've invested enough already", OPC ~crickets~.

And John Tory remains willfully ignorant of the last 20 years of provincial/municipal politics and insists that social housing is not the responsibility of the city.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I guess one way to clear the poor out of the city is to make sure they have nowhere to live, but it rarely works out that way.

Good on the ONDP for addressing something that needs serious cash thrown at it. A lot of the social housing buildings are in desperate need of repair. Most of them are at the end of their intended lifespan because back in the day governments expected that we'd continue to build new housing and retire old buahahahaha

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
TCHC alone has over 1000 units slated to close because they're literally uninhabitable, by 2018.

~95,000 people on the wait list for rental geared to income housing in Toronto.

Not our goddamn problem, says everyone.

P.S.: We're spending $3.6 Billion to dig a hole in Scarborough because some property developers near a mall spent some time greasing palms and the OLP realized it could buy them a seat in a by-election.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

P.S.: We're spending $3.6 Billion to dig a hole in Scarborough because some property developers near a mall spent some time greasing palms and the OLP realized it could buy them a seat in a by-election.

But think of the money they'll save the next time the G20 comes around and someone asks for a lake. All you'd need to do then is pay Nestlé to fill it with water.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

vyelkin posted:

I look forward to a Liberal majority based on a 40/30/30 split, and British Columbians learning absolutely nothing from this.

I voted NDP because they made so many unrealistic promises they probably won't be able to keep most of them, but might enact one or two if they gain power, and I could see a raise in minimum wage and the elimination of MSP fees as strong possibilities. Hahaha. Nah, they'll probably just eliminate the tolls and the bridges will rapidly crumble into the ungainly pile of pick up sticks and gravel that is the Patullo. BC politics are the worst.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
My bets on a lib majority, but it would be really nice to be pleasantly surprised for once in my life when it comes to politics here.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Congrats to Christy Clark of the left leaning progressive Liberal party. Middle Class, Tax Cuts, Bright Future

quote:

恭喜LIBERALS最佳政治好交易光明的未来

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > CanPol Megathread: 恭喜LIBERALS最佳政治好交易光明的未来

imo

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Risky Bisquick posted:

Congrats to Christy Clark of the left leaning progressive Liberal party. Middle Class, Tax Cuts, Bright Future

I hope some of those are 8s

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I hope some of those are 8s

4444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444 tbqh

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

:canada:/BC-pol

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/861992334174695425

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

ZShakespeare posted:

The amount of whinging dippers do because the 10% of actual voters who vote green, presumably because the NDP isn't their first choice, won't listen to their clearly superior superior logic, while ignoring the 45% of non-voters is pretty lol.

I think it'd be fantastic and well-advised to focus on those voters and craft a platform to bring more people into voting and address their needs, but we're talking about the BC NDP--it's already sort of impressive that they showed up with their pants on the right way.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

We're actually not ignoring non-voters, but you could be forgiven for thinking that if your entire involvement in politics is posting on political threads online

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/cottage-owners-ontario-disaster-relief-1.4105469?cmp=rss

Ineligible for disaster relief, flooded Ontario cottage owners feeling left out

Only primary residences eligible under provincial program, not cottages :jeb:

Cottagers need help too :qq:

Private flood insurance brand new, rare

[b]The Insurance Board of Canada said there is actually so-called "overland" flood insurance, as opposed to the sewer backup insurance many people have.

Craig Stewart, the bureau's vice-president of federal affairs, told Ottawa Morning host Hallie Cotnam on Tuesday morning this kind of insurance was only introduced in the last 12 to 18 months and only 10 to 15 per cent of Canadians have it.

"At this moment some people can [get it] and some people can't because it's brand new and the companies are just rolling it out now," he said.

"The reason it's brand new in Canada is it's very difficult to assess the risk and therefore to price it … In order to provide it we've had to map the entire country for flood risk, then individual companies are determining how [they] roll out these policies to our customers in a way that's affordable."

Stewart said Canada's insurance industry has been talking to different levels of government over the last two years to make sure people can get affordable insurance.

He said people who live along the Ottawa River and other high-risk areas should talk to their insurance company to find out if this new insurance is available for them.

I've had overland flooding coverage since 2013 under a different name :shrug:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Don Meredith: "You can't fire me, I quit!"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/don-meredith-resigns-senate-1.4106901

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Addendum: "You can't fire me, I quit...4 months after I qualified for my Senate pension."

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

THC posted:

We're actually not ignoring non-voters, but you could be forgiven for thinking that if your entire involvement in politics is posting on political threads online

Or paying any attention at all. The only difference between this year and 2013 is that they managed to find an even more unappealing uncooked-ham-with-goatee to head the party.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

He's fine actually. You should read the platform, it's quite good.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

THC posted:

He's fine actually. You should read the platform, it's quite good.

I did, and it's not. But please go ahead and go with the "it's not the NDP that failed the voters, its the voters that failed the NDP" line when they lose.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I don't remember ever saying that, but thanks for letting us know your take on things

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
gonna go cast my vote later because the voting place is 2 doors down from my apartment, aww yeah

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

JawKnee posted:

gonna go cast my vote later because the voting place is 2 doors down from my apartment, aww yeah

Mine's directly next to my building. Pfft 2 doors down??

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Guys the NDP is bad because *rustles newspaper* they don't know how to manage the economy and *traces finger down page* they aren't inspiring voters with a positive message like that Andrew Weaver fella

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
... and that's why i voted liberal.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RBC posted:

... and that's why i voted liberal.

Because......?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I voted at the Lawn Bowling Club on Saturday and 1) I didn't know it existed 2) I kinda wanna fastforward 30 years in my life and just lawn bowl all day cause that seems chill as hell

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Remember to join the real-time discussion in #diefenbunker on irc.synirc.net

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Lol this map is doing the rounds on social media with people bitching that a "tiny party of the province gets to control a large part!!" and ranting about how it's just like how ontario and quebec have too much power in federal politics.

No poo poo, we're a democracy, the places with the most people hold the most votes. If anything the blue areas are over-represented.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It's not democratic if you let THEM vote

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've heard of this place but I wasn't sure if it was real or not

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

To be fair in my own mental map of the province From Victoria to Nanaimo to Coquitlam represent 50% of the province, and beyond that is the other 50% which is just "here be rural dragons"

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Wow I never noticed that BC is shaped like a pig hoof. Makes you think.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

A trotter, you swine.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Lol this map is doing the rounds on social media with people bitching that a "tiny party of the province gets to control a large part!!" and ranting about how it's just like how ontario and quebec have too much power in federal politics.

No poo poo, we're a democracy, the places with the most people hold the most votes. If anything the blue areas are over-represented.

Pretty strong showing for the BC Conservative Party here

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Stealing this from the Trump lols thread, because look who this chucklefuck is working for

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/862005017280217089

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/861997385068814338

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Sandy is brave for not taking poo poo from random activists with no corporate sponsorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Oh god, that guy trying to start his own Cop Pride parade complained to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario over this whole thing:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhrt/doc/2017/2017hrto467/2017hrto467.html