Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress. I'll just call I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I saw the new Ultimate SpiderMan 2 pack with ultimate vulture and Spider-Man today at Walmart. Passed on it because I don't care about either figure that much but they are out there.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

So uh, I got an email from Fox from that alien day with a figure deal with that Eaglemoss company, and I bought it thinking eh, 10 bucks for 2 little, possibly lovely figures isn't bad. And then It said I'm now subscribed and have to pay 30 bucks a month for more of these things, and they haven't sent me an email, and I can;t find a cancellation section on the site.

It seems like I have to call and email them or something? A simple "Do you wish to cancel? Yes? No?" isn't a thing? Not sure what's going on here.

Yeah I considered signing up for that thing but I read up on how much it costs monthly and said "no thanks". If they do a figurine I just CANNOT live without, I'll buy it individually on the secondary market.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BBTS even just sells them straight up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw the new Ultimate SpiderMan 2 pack with ultimate vulture and Spider-Man today at Walmart. Passed on it because I don't care about either figure that much but they are out there.

I spied them at Wal-Mart last night. If it was a different Spidey it might be worth it but they just solo released that guy.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This one is different because there are no webs on his bicep area.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Eaglemoss site themselves sell them
Individually.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I may give the Spideys in this new wave a total pass, crazily enough. I collect basically any Spidey, and this wave is full of them, sure, but I don't care about the homemade suit (totally would have taken a Tobey MacGuire one, though) and I really only want one figure with the new black stripe suit design and SHF and Mafex's offerings both look outstanding and will undoubtedly come with a shitload of accessories.

Will have to see how they measure up to each other... There's no cape and the new SF figures are awesome, so SHF may knock it out of the park...

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 7, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fuzz posted:

I may give the Spideys in this new wave a total pass, crazily enough. I collect basically any Spidey, and this wave is full of them, sure, but I don't care about the homemade suit (totally would have taken a Tobey MacGuire one, though)

They did one!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

They did one!

Yeah but the articulation and style of that one sucks. I don't want the figure so badly that I would compromise on my exacting articulation standards. TAS Batman was enough.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 7, 2017

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I really want Moon Knight from the new Spidey wave. Ever since Declan Shalvey introduced that new costume during Ellis' run a few years back, I've been thinking about how perfectly "toy-etic" it was. You can even put three "moon-arangs" into tiny slits between the fingers of his fist, to make him hold them out like claws.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FigureArts Chewie came in today and its so good having these 2 together now!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got my Guardians team together!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/861709310342160384

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Have Greentista and Bluetista hang out

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Is that wave hitting stores now? I haven't even seen it up for preorder anywhere.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

It's that a new Drax in this wave? Again? He's not yelling and he doesn't have ugly red pants.

Kinda want to make this happen... I have the previous Star Lord (vol 2 version 1) and am torn on getting the new one although it has a better likeness, looks like.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

It's that a new Drax in this wave? Again? He's not yelling and he doesn't have ugly red pants.

Kinda want to make this happen... I have the previous Star Lord (vol 2 version 1) and am torn on getting the new one although it has a better likeness, looks like.

The body is the new Drax from the first wave earlier this year, I took the head from the Drax in the first movie and put it on the new body. That's also the Star Lord from the previous wave, I think the likeness is better.

ShimSham posted:

Is that wave hitting stores now? I haven't even seen it up for preorder anywhere.

Kind of. Retailers have begun getting them, but Hasbro has put a strict street date on them so a lot of places are holding them back.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 9, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because you wouldn't want the merchandise out while the movie is current.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If that's the Titus baf wave those are everywhere in great numbers here in Tulsa. Having a real hard time finding other ML at the moment.

If anyone sees a Green Goblin from the new Spider-Man wave at retail I'd buy it at this point.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Future Imperfect Maestro made from
a Juggy BAF. Was going to post an Unworthy Thor and Classic Hulk as well, but imgur won't let me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Donde Esta posted:

Future Imperfect Maestro made from
a Juggy BAF. Was going to post an Unworthy Thor and Classic Hulk as well, but imgur won't let me.

Very nice. I still have my Maestro from the Marvel Legends wave from Toy Biz, but his torso broke off so I need to get around to gluing it together. But this looks way better then that figure.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Nendo Meta Knight is loving adorably badass :3:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
This is probably the wrong thread for this question but I don't like venturing outside of my bookmarks. Should I take a 5-year-old to GOTG 2? I liked the first one and think he could handle it, is the second one scary or gory in ways the first one wasn't?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This is probably the wrong thread for this question but I don't like venturing outside of my bookmarks. Should I take a 5-year-old to GOTG 2? I liked the first one and think he could handle it, is the second one scary or gory in ways the first one wasn't?

There's a giant squid monster in if.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The part where Gamora drills through Starlord's ankle and uses the wound to bolt him to a grindstone was pretty hosed up

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They talk about Ego's penis. And im not joking.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Also it's PG-13 and you're asking about a 5 year old. Do you just not get these things?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Seeing Robocop when I was six had a profound impact on my life, so I would suggest that you show your son that instead of some wussy pg-13 crap

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also, they will love it. It's superheroes. Wow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Also it's PG-13 and you're asking about a 5 year old. Do you just not get these things?

It's G here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd be less concerned about the specific content so much as that the middle third or so is really slow.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Every child and every movie is different. I wouldn't take my 9 year old to some PG movies but would (and have) let my 6 year old see some PG-13 movies.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Every child and every movie is different. I wouldn't take my 9 year old to some PG movies but would (and have) let my 6 year old see some PG-13 movies.

Yeah, there are some kids you'd let watch Predator 2, and some kids who are lame.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, there are some kids you'd let watch Predator 2, and some kids who are lame.

As a punishment I guess maybe

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Some teenagers maybe but I'd think 5 is too young for that.

My daughter (6) saw the new Alien movie posters and was instantly captivated and when I told her it was one of the scariest movies I'd seen and that she can't see it until she's in high school (at least) she started saying she wanted to see it right away. My son (9) kept to the wall opposite the poster as we walked by.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I watched Predator 2 every day as a kid. That movie ruled. It had it all.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Some teenagers maybe but I'd think 5 is too young for that.

My daughter (6) saw the new Alien movie posters and was instantly captivated and when I told her it was one of the scariest movies I'd seen and that she can't see it until she's in high school (at least) she started saying she wanted to see it right away. My son (9) kept to the wall opposite the poster as we walked by.

Yeah. I was your son.

Read the book adaptation of Alien when I was about that age and it scared the living poo poo out of me. Immersion therapy helped me immensely though, so keep that in mind for trauma!!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

purple death ray posted:

As a punishment I guess maybe

There are two kinds of people: those who like Predator 2, and bitch idiots with objectively wrong opinions

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

There are two kinds of people: those who like Predator 2, and bitch idiots with objectively wrong opinions

You like Alien 3 so I'm pretty OK disagreeing with you.

I guess Predator 2 isn't that bad really. It was one of those weird situations where it was on HBO or something at the right time of my youth, so I've seen it way more than the first one. I rewatched it a while back and it's not as bad as any of the later Alien movies but it's not a 'good' movie in the same way the original is. It's got enough good parts, I guess. Racist as absolute gently caress, but it was the 90s. Nowhere near the original though. Not remotely close. Better than all of the AvP movies, if that needed saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Fuzz posted:

Nice "I don't have kids" opinion. Get some kids. If you're not playing life on hard mode you're not playing.

purple death ray posted:

You like Alien 3 so I'm pretty OK disagreeing with you.

Alien 3 is really good if you're not hung up on seeing more sick cool bitchin smartgun fights or whatever.