Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

I'm not going to engage in your false dilemma idiocy.

False dilemma? This happens in real life nitwit.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/18/female-chicago-cop-brutally-beaten-after-refusing-shoot-suspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is one incident in a nation of hundreds of millions of people with over a million LEOs.

FOX NEWS INSIDER REPORTS

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

This is one incident in a nation of hundreds of millions of people with tens of thousands of police.

FOX NEWS INSIDER REPORTS

Answer the question. Do the police shoot or not

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Answer the question. Do the police shoot or not

I think I'm just going to continue pointing and laughing at you instead because you reveal yourself to be a breathtaking moron in new ways constantly.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

I think I'm just going to continue pointing and laughing at you instead because you reveal yourself to be a breathtaking moron in new ways constantly.

You're afraid to answer lol. You got schooled again

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm afraid to answer your made up hypothetical scenario advocating more shootings that is handwringingly justified by one incident of an officer who was beaten up while like 3-4 others watched.

Yup.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

I'm afraid to answer your made up hypothetical scenario advocating more shootings that is handwriting justified by one incident of an officer who was beaten up while like 3-4 others watched.

Yup.

A hypothetical situation that happened in real life.

Really stretching there pal.

The answer is - of course they shoot

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

A hypothetical situation that happened in real life.

Really stretching there pal.

The answer is - of course they shoot

No it's not, you're just conflating two totally separate situations that happened in two totally different states with totally different officers in a totally different context.

Maybe the 3-5 other officers involved in your Chicago scenario didn't shoot because they didn't have a clear shot considering the one officer was in the middle of struggling with the suspect did you think of that, idiot?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hur hur I know poo poo all but based on FOX NEWS I'm going to say what police training is like nationwide and how we're "just as bad as Sweden" (wtf does that even mean they have a way LOWER CRIME RATE than we do moron) because they didn't immediately somehow pull out a gun in the middle of a struggle and get a good shot off.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

No it's not, you're just conflating two totally separate situations that happened in two totally different states with totally different officers in a totally different context.

Maybe the 3-5 other officers involved in your Chicago scenario didn't shoot because they didn't have a clear shot considering the one officer was in the middle of struggling with the suspect did you think of that, idiot?

You're making a really complex argument out of something very simple.

If you punch cops in the face and won't stop they may shoot you.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If you punch cops in the face and won't stop they may shoot you.

I'm not disagreeing but you keep presenting this as "either you get shot or they let you off totally free" which is moronic as hell.

In what world do you imagine someone beats up two officers on camera and nothing happens to that person? In what world do you imagine someone is able to, in the middle of a physical struggle while the suspect is grabbing at the gun/holster, get the gun out and shoot the person cleanly without further endangering themselves or others around them?

What the gently caress are you talking about???

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

COMRADES posted:

I'm not going to engage in your false dilemma idiocy I'm just going to point and laugh.

Spunked again!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

Spunked again!

Yeah I guess drat. Sucked in again.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Guys, violent criminals shouldn't be the one's calling the shots. Do you think they're better than the police?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

"She knew that she should shoot this guy," Supt. Eddie Johnson said last week. "But she chose not to because she didn't want her family — or the department — to have to go through the scrutiny the next day."

And this is all based on what some other officer said, not even her own words so this is really just baseless speculation on what was going through her head for gently caress's sake. FOX NEWS REPORTS!

The real issue almost guaranteed is lack of proper training procedures and/or inexperience on the officer's part since she is hella young.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

And this is all based on what some other officer said, not even her own words so this is really just baseless speculation on what was going through her head for gently caress's sake. FOX NEWS REPORTS!

Well when you get sued or get fired or have riots pop off because some crazy dude is trying to kill you and you need to defend yourself, that's a hosed situation.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Well when you get sued or get fired or have riots pop off because some crazy dude is trying to kill you and you need to defend yourself, that's a hosed situation.

Officers are immune to criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits while carrying out their duties as law enforcement so the only way that happens is if there is clearly some egregious circumstance in which the officer acted well beyond what his or her duties called for. The reason these suspects weren't shot is because there was no clear shot (in the case of the Chicago officer getting thrashed while the other officers tried to help) or the officers involved in the struggle wasn't able to get their gun out safely (Florida).

There are 1.1 million LEOs in this country arresting people every single day but yes this one incident you've cherry picked definitely proves anything about them all nationwide.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

There are 1.1 million LEOs in this country arresting people every single day but yes this one incident you've cherry picked definitely proves anything about them all nationwide.

Wow, this could go for any bad cop too, nice argument. Blue Lives Matter

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wow, this could go for any bad cop too, nice argument. Blue Lives Matter

Yeah except the opposite argument is backed up by statistical evidence that is corroborated by THE US DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND THE FBI which I know has been presented to you before on these forums even so you're just being a disingenuous fuckbag yet again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Oh poo poo he's brought out Fox News!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You understand you can't pull a gun out of a holster while someone is wrestling on top of you also trying to get your gun right?

It's not safe the odds of getting shot yourself are good and police training teaches this. But yeah in that FL video they totally should have somehow done that anyway otherwise they are letting him off totally scott free.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh poo poo he's brought out Fox News!

Have non fox news then :shrug:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...1006-story.html

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oh poo poo he's brought out the Chicago Tribune!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Frankly given that the CPD have a huge history of being shitheels who kidnap innocent people to put them in torture black sites for kicks I don't believe "top cop" when he says that. Sorry lol.

If that was true then the other 3-5 officers present would have shot him but none of them did either because how do you shoot someone who is actively wrestling with another officer safely? You can't, you don't.

e: Homan Square is the latest scandal if anyone doesn't know what I'm referring to.

quote:

Police “disappeared” more than 7,000 people at an off-the-books interrogation warehouse in Chicago, nearly twice as many detentions as previously disclosed, the Guardian can now reveal.

Homan Square: an interactive portrait of detainees at Chicago's police facility
Internal data shows staggeringly disproportionate arrest records from the city’s off-the-books warehouse. Go inside the numbers – and across Chicago
Read more
From August 2004 to June 2015, nearly 6,000 of those held at the facility were black, which represents more than twice the proportion of the city’s population. But only 68 of those held were allowed access to attorneys or a public notice of their whereabouts, internal police records show.

The new disclosures, the result of an ongoing Guardian transparency lawsuit and investigation, provide the most detailed, full-scale portrait yet of the truth about Homan Square, a secretive facility that Chicago police have described as little more than a low-level narcotics crime outpost where the mayor has said police “follow all the rules”.

JUST AS BAD AS SWEDEN EVERYONE

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I know one of the guys that broke the story because they took him to the illegal jail

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well so why are you on Chicago PD's dick when they are trying hard to spin this unfortunate situation into political points for themselves?

To finally answer your question though yeah an officer should shoot someone who is putting them in danger and they feel other options are not sufficient.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I know one of the guys that broke the story because they took him to the illegal jail

They got the wrong guy imo

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
'Anti-establishment' poster goes to bat for the establishment's enforcers at every opportunity.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

Well so why are you on Chicago PD's dick when they are trying hard to spin this unfortunate situation into political points for themselves?

I should ask him about it really. You guys wouldn't like him much though. He's a shitlord even worse than me. You'd probably be cheering the CPD once you heard his stances on everything.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I totally trust cops in Chicago. You know, the city were they have illegal black sites where they take guys who "may be in a gang" and hold them without notifying anyone or allowing them to call attorneys. Truly a bastion of what police work should look like.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Panzeh posted:

'Anti-establishment' poster goes to bat for the establishment's enforcers at every opportunity.

That kind of person is funny because the way they talk about how they're just TOO progressive in theory but in every situation go hard right shows how they're ashamed of their actual views and have to contort their justifications insanely

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

All you do is alienate the grunts taking orders. The rot is up top

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That rot is enforced by those grunts who obey those orders that are for sure illegal.

What is the law if the private citizen does not uphold it Spunky?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
chicago should stop electing democrats, it's not some random policing problems

Mnoba fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 9, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Zajajaja posted:

That rot is enforced by those grunts who obey those orders that are for sure illegal.

What is the law if the private citizen does not uphold it Spunky?

It's all well and good from behind a computer screen but when you're outnumbered 3:1 by active gang members in a city where gangbangers do drive bys on cops with Ar-15's the law probably gets fuzzy

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's all well and good from behind a computer screen but when you're outnumbered 3:1 by active gang members in a city where gangbangers do drive bys on cops with Ar-15's the law probably gets fuzzy

The law is hella not fuzzy on getting shot at and returning fire. You're posting something completely unrelated to 'we found a guy kidnapped him and literally didn't tell a soul'. Unless you believe the 'ends justify the means' to which I say the results are abysmal.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Mashallah

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

since we like to gut public services and have cops oppress people it's gotten shittier and shittier to be a cop, both in terms of compensation and how they're viewed in society - can you imagine an Andy Griffith type existing in a modern American setting? - meaning that instead of "people who want to help others and uphold the law," our boys in blue are mostly getting applications from hosed up psychopaths who enjoy tormenting others, the legion of former soldiers with PTSD desperately trying to hold a job after the country used them up and threw them away, or even both at once

but certainly yeah the rot originates at the top, because capitalism's toxic aura pervades our very society, and policing will improve when it is destroyed, inshallah

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The rot is in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

COMRADES posted:

Pretty sure you are the moron here. But lol you still don't shut up even after getting stuck unable to answer. Have some dignity and slink away instead of corncobbing pathetically

• Locked thread