Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I'm going to move back to Ontario and become an Agua Caliente Clippers fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what rapper still only releases on CDs instead of embracing streaming services? Because that rapper is Demar Derozan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gordon Hayward is mc chris

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Carmelo is Jay Z because now we care more about who they've gotten pregnant than their careers.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Evan Turner is Meatwad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cash Monet posted:

Carmelo is Jay Z because now we care more about who they've gotten pregnant than their careers.

LaLa should get back at Melo by letting KG confirm the flavor

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Brolander posted:

magic johnson was almost easy e

:lol:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

Nas and Lupe have the same problem. Inability to pick beats.

Rick Ross is the Robert Horry of rap. Good at picking beats/team and floating with that beat to a good outcome. Not good unless he's on a good team

Lupe is Rondo, abrasive hates his coach/company but when he wants to actually go in he can put together a masterpiece like Tetsuo and Youth still.

Nah, Lupe is like CP3-genuinely all-time great that somehow still seems to not perform up to talent/ability you'd expect. also has a tendency to piss off everyone around them.

Eminem is Derrick Rose-early work was really good, but slightly overrated due to narrative surrounding it. Went downhill fast and now makes shittons of money while also being pretty horrible.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Boris Diaw is Nicki Minaj.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Life of Pablo is actually really good.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Actually all of those artists are bad

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
buncha clicks and whistles

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Nicki's verse on Monster is one of the greatest of all time so MBDTF is good just on that merit alone.

Also smdh none of y'all mentioning the best rap album of all time, All Eyez On Me.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Noctone posted:

Nicki's verse on Monster is one of the greatest of all time so MBDTF is good just on that merit alone.

Also smdh none of y'all mentioning the best rap album of all time, All Eyez On Me.

At the time, it was wonderful, but now it just sounds like a novelty rap, she changes silly kid voices and raps some punchlines

#WOJBOMB :siren: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistons-iverson-now-lebron-later-230300850--nba.html LEBRON TO PISTONS??

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Chris Kamen is Varg Vikernes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

E2M2 posted:

Chris Kamen is Varg Vikernes

His new album is called "Burnin' Churches and Huntin' Gators".

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Michael beasley is Redman

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
IT2 is Ludacris

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

At the time, it was wonderful, but now it just sounds like a novelty rap, she changes silly kid voices and raps some punchlines

If it was wonderful at the time, it's wonderful period. :colbert:

plus she's Sugalite so her epic status is set for all eternity

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Dejan Bimble posted:

#WOJBOMB :siren: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pistons-iverson-now-lebron-later-230300850--nba.html LEBRON TO PISTONS??

false, I just listened to it again and can confirm dope status is still dope af

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Robert Horry is Will Smith
Kyle Lowry is Mase
Kelly Olynyk is Blind Fury

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Gordon Hayward is mc chris

noooo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Who's Big L? Len Bias?

Or less literally, Penny?

AI is Pusha T imo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

Who's Big L? Len Bias?

Or less literally, Penny?

AI is Pusha T imo

Iverson would have to be the originator, Too $hort, Scarface, or someone like that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Who's Big L? Len Bias?
Too soon

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Also pursuant to the KW/KB argument is that each left one major shoe company for another to release vastly inferior signature sneakers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RCarr posted:

Steve Nash is Paul Wall (The People's Champ).

He's similar to an ant because he's low to the earth.

His eyeball was sittin sideways

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Iverson would have to be the originator, Too $hort, Scarface, or someone like that

Sorry they're both 1 from Virginia 2 the best and 3 the same size (bigger than lil Wayne)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Umm isn't Shaq's rap equivalent Shaq?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUx2xtQ6J4

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

dokmo posted:

Someone said something about Gil Scott Heron so I know a non-zero amount about what you guys are talking about in the last few pages.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents19337502/houston-rockets-coach-mike-dantoni-having-more-fun-ever

This is a good article, thank you for sharing.

quote:

They engage in good-natured arguments over just about everything. Before Mike was hired by the Rockets last May, one dispute revolved around the spelling of a word. Laurel can't even remember the word, but she remembers Mike's stubbornness. "He was convinced he was right," she says, "but I knew I was right." She proposed a bet: If Mike was wrong, he would have to shave his mustache.

I hope his wife lets him regrow the stache in time for the WCF.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Life of Pablo is actually really good.
The best. I believe the MBDTF-Yeezus-Pablo run is GOAT

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is James Harden the J. COLE of Basketball?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Paperback Writer posted:

Lakers and Pistons did it.

I'm not finding any playoffs where the Pistons started 8-0.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...T&order_by=wins

Icy Penguigo posted:

The last time Mike Brown started 8-0 in the playoffs, he got buried in the Eastern Conference Finals. A bad omen, perhaps?

Imagine the Warriors and Cavaliers both start 12-0 and then meet in the finals. Then the Warriors finish 16-0 and Mike Brown walks up to LBJ and says "You never should've left CLE. Think of all the titles we could've won."

zoux posted:

Why do the rest of the Big Three era Celtics hate Ray Allen?

Rondo's jealous of his shooting and they needed to find a scapegoat. It's late 1980s Pistons jettisoning Adrian Dantley all over again.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is James Harden the J. COLE of Basketball?

He's sorta like Drake in that so much of his success comes from exploiting new metrics.

e: Actually Drake is Steph. JUST A SYSTEM (BIG MUSIC INDUSTRY) PLAYER

BWV fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 9, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This may sound like a dumb request but I don't really care. Can someone tell me how good Patrick Ewing actually was? Like with numbers and examples. Thanks!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

NickRoweFillea posted:

This may sound like a dumb request but I don't really care. Can someone tell me how good Patrick Ewing actually was? Like with numbers and examples. Thanks!

Actually it's wise and I second the request. For some reason I don't remember poo poo about him despite consuming every ounce of available basketball in the 90s and having strong memories about way less prominent dudes.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Zogo posted:

I'm not finding any playoffs where the Pistons started 8-0.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...T&order_by=wins
Oh, because first round used to be best of 5. 1989, they just both went 7-0. So I'm wrong about the whole 8-0 thing, but that's the only other time 2 teams have swept the first two rounds.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 10, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/861963075884384257

"No more complimenting Lebron in the middle of a series guys"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I love Tony Parker as the star of American Gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Numbers: 6 seasons top 10 in per, 6 seasons top 10 winshare, 11 seasons top 10 DWS (3 times #1), 5 times top 10 in defensive +/- (this would be higher today when he wouldn't play crazy minutes). He was a good offensive player and an elite defensive one. He was very durable until his mid 30s, and had amazing defensive range in an era when defensive big men would be worthless outside the paint. One of the best defensive rebounders of all time.

Playing against him, he was the kind of guy who did everything you want a center to do, but really well. Tough, smart, all that good stuff.

• Locked thread