Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Senate maybe?

Fun option: CIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FrozenVent posted:

So, if someone from the administration had indeed colluded with a foreign power... who's gonna do anything about it now?

Shim for FBI director

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

So, if someone from the administration had indeed colluded with a foreign power... who's gonna do anything about it now?

Unless the dems take back Congress, no one, and that's the point.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Two Finger posted:

I thought he did. Or was it just the head investigator he fired

Nixon told the AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, the AG refused and resigned in protest.
Nixon told the Deputy AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, the Deputy AG refused and resigned in protest.
Nixon told the acting AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, which he did.
The acting AG? Robert Bork, who went on to be one of Reagan's picks for the Supreme Court. His nomination failed in part because of his views regarding and track record of granting disproportionate power to the executive.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Best Friends posted:

Unless the dems take back Congress, no one, and that's the point.

Rip America

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
the best

oh my god this is just the best

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/862090285584498688

:swoon:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I always translate "senior officials at White House" to Trump in my head. I assume there's some sort of app that will do that for me automatically. Also, is anyone else concerned that Comey will get back to his office to find it ransacked?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Oh my god

Trump won't go out for illegal or nefarious acts. He's going to go out the same way he got in: incompetence and stupidity.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I too wonder why people are so suspicious about firing a guy investigating his boss.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joat mon posted:

Nixon told the AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, the AG refused and resigned in protest.
Nixon told the Deputy AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, the Deputy AG refused and resigned in protest.
Nixon told the acting AG to fire the Watergate special prosecutor, which he did.
The acting AG? Robert Bork, who went on to be one of Reagan's picks for the Supreme Court. His nomination failed in part because of his views regarding and track record of granting disproportionate power to the executive.

His nomination also got your video rentals protected!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

Do you have to trade in your spine and your balls to be a politician or something? loving hell.

Somebody else in GiP already theorized that his spine was surgically removed as part of a cruel North Vietnamese torture technique.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Two Finger posted:

I thought he did. Or was it just the head investigator he fired

joat mon posted:

More reading for Two Finger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

My favorite part: The Stennis Compromise loving :lol::lol::lol:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lightpole posted:

It's not like Comey shouldn't have been fired.

It's amazing that he can't fire and appoint someone in this situation without everyone looking for ulterior motives.

The FBI director is appointed for 10 years and can only be fired for cause unlike regular political appointments specifically to prevent this sort of thing so yeah there are definitely ulterior motives.

ManMythLegend posted:

There's no "T" in the Cyrillic alphabet.

Yes there is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

mash dat motherfuckin' retweet for palette swapped David Duke

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Does he still even have access to clean out his own office? Or do they just dump his stuff in a box in the parking lot?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't most people here want Comey fired?

I understand they wanted it by President Clinton, but that's not happening.

With that aside, why would Session and Trump want Comey gone? I'm just kind of baffled.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MazelTovCocktail posted:

With that aside, why would Session and Trump want Comey gone? I'm just kind of baffled.

It's pretty obvious that Trump is full of poo poo about the reasons for firing Comey and that the real reason is that he won't drop the investigation of the Trump campaign's connections to Russia.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Unpredicability
Divided loyalty

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Barring finding some truly heinous stuff, I never supported the idea of Comey being fired, regardless of who would have won. Resigning after relooking at the situation and realizing that the way the FBI ends investigations is generally not to hold a giant press conference where you talk poo poo for (not literally) hours, then say "oh, but no charges IMO" would have made sense. Also for sending that dumbass letter before they'd even reviewed the "new" Emails.

But this is, at best, the admin thinking that if he went rogue once, he might go rogue twice, so more appointments for us, death to all incumbent appointees. At worst, something else :tinfoil:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Always been a duality for me. I think he really hosed up, but his reasoning was sound. So, I personally really disliked him, but he had the thinking I'd generally want from an independent FBI director as a total political shitstorm is surrounding him.

So personally, I disliked him and though he was stupid politically. Professionally, fine with him.

Or, fire him on day one. Not a few weeks after he confirms an investigation into Donnie.

Edit: lol LA

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/862100416552607745

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He drives a mini?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Two Finger posted:

He drives a mini?

dudes like 6'8" so doubt it

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

nvm

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 10, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Local cop who committed civil rights abuses fleeing FBI in riveting LA car chase!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

FrozenVent posted:

Caro. He's our only hope at this point.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
How is the right spinning this/will spin comey news?

The right, not the far right (breitbart headline was on my google news yesterday claiming "how Cruz bested Yates")

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The one I work with was fine with it because Comey of the Hillary non-prosecution, but after I repeated "He was fired by the guy he's investigating" twice, it clicked for him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

man they're watching comeys plane takeoff at the airport on the cable new stations now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren:

Oh poo poo, CNN: Grand Jury Subpoenas issued for Michael Flynn's associates

https://twitter.com/PamelaBrownCNN/status/862111970912333825

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/862111722827640832

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Also this just got tweeted:

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/862110282843389952

:catstare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

there was word that there were 2 grand juries convened in the Eastern District of VA, one of them should have completed supposedly

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

The one I work with was fine with it because Comey of the Hillary non-prosecution, but after I repeated "He was fired by the guy he's investigating" twice, it clicked for him.

lmao

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

That's... a lot.

:stare:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

On the one hand, I have difficulties believing random sources on Twitter.

On the other hand... :stare:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Look at who follows him. I don't put a lot of faith in Twitter either, but it's worth noting that a lot of people listen to what he says.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

it's this dude

http://exposeddc.com/2013/12/10/claude-taylor-crazy-enough-storefront/

he was part of the Clinton staff during the first term and now owns a photography shop in DC

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/862111968144109572

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/862067999263666177

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/862067999263666177

Buckle the gently caress up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

He's not Louise Mensch so it's a start.

I think he's legit though based on the little info I know about him.

• Locked thread