Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
A Four Job Fiesta-themed event would be great. You could finally get some use out of those core characters, give everyone a free pull on a banner that just hands out core-SB items, and then make everyone's randomly-chosen four cores fight an Ultimate++ Barthandelus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Whew, that Torment CM was...unpleasant.

Think I might try the 250 finally tomorrow, I feel like I've got enough options to pull it off if I don't get screwed by bad RNG.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
How much more difficult is this 200 torment in comparison to event 180s? I don't want to waste 60 stamina and get floored in an instant.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How much more difficult is this 200 torment in comparison to event 180s? I don't want to waste 60 stamina and get floored in an instant.

Torment Dungeons have the same thing Raids do; If you don't beat it, you don't spend the stamina.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

they're a slog. the actual bosses aren't too bad, but you better bring some BSB to keep you going.

also what cador said

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, I only have one magic bsb desite having an army of magic buffs. Even though I have a decent amount of physical bsb's, I don't quite have the buff coverage to make use of it. Unless I build for 50% attack only and use sazh's ssb over his bsb's 30/30 buff. I'm not attempting the higher torment levels anytime soon.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
The Ultimate++ battle this week for FFXII kicked my rear end last night. I've usually been pretty good about mastering the U++ battles fairly regularly, but I wasn't able to even complete this one until I egged Rikku up to 99 so that she could survive long enough to use her BSB to take these guys out.

I did manage to finally complete the battle with OK limping across the finish line as the only person left alive, but man, these multi-target U++ battles are a pain.

And last week I finally completed Mote Ifrit and all of the CMs, so I've retired the Mote Dungeons completely, but I'm not even going to look at the Torment Dungeons right now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I had similar troubles with the U++, it took me a few tries and an instant USB RW in order for me to master it. They do a lot of damage and it's difficult to mitigate when you don't have a useful dancer. So I went with the strategy of killing them quickly with OSBs from my party instead... and it sort of worked, but it was super annoying. The FF12 bosses lately have been a pain and a half, so I hope next time they have some simpler ones.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Awright, the "hit you in face team" beat and mastered the 200 torment on second try. Vessel of Fate + Aetherial Pulse (Look at that not Asylum actually being used) at the first trash wave and then mowed them down with auto attacks and Orlandou's Lifesiphon. TGCid had 3 full bars when entering the actual boss. Vessel of Fate, Shout, Lightning BSB2 to imperil him to lightning a few times in row and then Thunder God (three times in row and then two times later still after building the gauge back).

Used this setup:
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mB5d

Hinsight:
Thundering Twinstrike didn't get a single use, there never was a good time for it
Never used Proshellga, RW wall at boss was enough

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

This is gonna be the first time in a good while that I can't beat an event CM, I think. Shifting elemental weaknesses plus absorbing all other elements plus dealing a shitload of damage is just such a bullshit combo. I even have a couple decent BSBs and SBs for the realm, but I can't use them because they all deal the wrong kind of elemental damage.

XII bosses are always just the worst in terms of annoying mechanics, though.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Try checking around for something like Shantotto's BSB as an RW. Between that on Ashe, Balthier's BSB (timed to hit during fire weakness segments), and two healers/their SSB medicas, I was able to weather Shemhazai's attacks long enough to kill her.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Torment cm was a one and done despite me bringing along tifa with her earth bsb and a meteor crush when the boss is immune to earth...

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Why is the torment the last vii one only, and not all of them? Did they make that mistake a second time?

Ah well, I needed to so this one anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I think they are supposed to rotate instead of being available all at once, and it seems like that was the intention with the last one too, except they worded it to imply that all of them were coming back and people complained so they just unlocked them all for the duration of the event.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Looking forward to this Torment because Cid VII's MC3 drops tonight and I think that's going to be enough to get me the 250 and the CM to boot. He's been ripping up the last couple of wind-weak MP bosses and now he gets synergy to boot.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This is gonna be the first time in a good while that I can't beat an event CM, I think. Shifting elemental weaknesses plus absorbing all other elements plus dealing a shitload of damage is just such a bullshit combo. I even have a couple decent BSBs and SBs for the realm, but I can't use them because they all deal the wrong kind of elemental damage.

XII bosses are always just the worst in terms of annoying mechanics, though.

I think XIII and its plethora of ranged-only bosses are worse, but ask me again during a XII boss' Paling.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

MikeSevigny posted:

Looking forward to this Torment because Cid VII's MC3 drops tonight
FYI the MC3 batch is with the X event on Thursday, not with tonight's dungeon update.

The list of MC3s coming out: Emperor, Edward, Palom, Porom, Shadow, Cyan, Kefka, Cid (VII), Reno, Vincent, Laguna, Fujin, Raijin, Steiner, Freya, Kimahri, Paine, Larsa, Sazh, and Noel. I'll be grabbing many of those and will be happy to have more characters to run through the exp dailies again

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Am I crazy for attempting the XII CM with my only RS relics being Ashe''s BSB and Penelo's SSB? I've been leveling up the realm characters and I've found that the mix of abilities is a bit annoying. I think I'm going to try it with Fran (for breakdowns), Penelo and Larsa (for heal/proshellga), Balthier for Spellblades (stupid weakness gimmick), and I guess Ashe (Lightning). My current plan is to try to RW Ashe's OSB on weakness phase. I've done all the CMs for the past few months and I'd rather have to break my streak on X than here, but we shall see.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
drat it Vayne get your MC3 :mad:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I've been grinding these RM2s for ovelia/raijin/agrias for ages on the 2 stam dungeon, spent almost 100 stamina. just drop already!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

Am I crazy for attempting the XII CM with my only RS relics being Ashe''s BSB and Penelo's SSB? I've been leveling up the realm characters and I've found that the mix of abilities is a bit annoying. I think I'm going to try it with Fran (for breakdowns), Penelo and Larsa (for heal/proshellga), Balthier for Spellblades (stupid weakness gimmick), and I guess Ashe (Lightning). My current plan is to try to RW Ashe's OSB on weakness phase. I've done all the CMs for the past few months and I'd rather have to break my streak on X than here, but we shall see.

I tried it with Balthier's SSB, Basch's SSB (imperil fire), Ashe's SSB (lightning + weak medica), and Larsa's SSB medica, and Fran on breakdown duty, and it was not even close to enough. Just a miserable experience, especially since the boss keeps using AoE silence that seemed to punch through my moderate resist accessories every fuckin' time, meaning not only did I have to deal with the bullshit phase changes, but I also had to sit on my thumbs waiting for silence to fall off because I couldn't afford to bring esuna and give up mitigation.

I might try it again with an RWed BSB and just try to race it without Wall, since that seems to work sometimes. Shantotto's BSB probably is the way to go on that one, as long as I get lucky with silence procs.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Im fortunate enough to own Vaans BSB so I ran him, Balthier (with BSB, ice and lightning spellblades to cycle), Fran for breaks (I remembered I have her lightning SSB at the end so that was fun) Basch who only existed to dispel and defend, and Larsa (have both SSBs but only used the heal/haste one)
U++ was a bit tougher but I cleared it with a Mage/Summon meta; popped sheepskin and an onion RW and then just AOE summoned to victory while tyro ran wall and dances. Got to make some use of Terra's OSB to finish off Ba'Gamman since its also non-ele

Ask me next week how good Im feeling about the game though, my only good X gear are Braska's Faithga and Rikku's BSB

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Arcon posted:

U++ was a bit tougher but I cleared it with a Mage/Summon meta; popped sheepskin and an onion RW and then just AOE summoned to victory while tyro ran wall and dances. Got to make some use of Terra's OSB to finish off Ba'Gamman since its also non-ele

Honestly, four casts of Leviathan off a good enough mage (two faithga boosts should be enough to hit damage cap) is enough to pretty much wreck them. You don't even need good SBs aside from having the faithgas necessary.

EDIT: I miscalculated, you'd actually need about 7 casts so two mages is not a horrible idea

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 9, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I missed pulling.

This is good and makes up for the time missed!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Tidus SSB(Blah), and Mustadio BSB. Not the greatest stuff, but makes me feel a little more justified for leveling Mustadio to 99 thinking his RM would be more helpful than it was. One of Mustadio's BSB commands reduced delay for Machinist abilities. Oh man just what I've always wanted! lol

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Gaff BSB.

Ehh, but it's a synergy sword and I guess I'm building up an okay Dark team. Too bad Raines RW just trivializes any Dark-weak content. Also guess I'm pulling on FFX after all, I could use the bump.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Neat!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11, Auron BSB.

I got the FFX synergy I wanted, but it's not really exciting.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I was just recently complaining that I hadn't gotten a BSB on a dungeon update lucky draw since October. The game heard my pleas!

And then spat in my loving face. Well played, game.

Edit: ^^^^ vvvv I'll kill both of you.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 10, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

1/11 Seymour BSB

ehh....

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I got Galuf's Titan Glove... if I was going to get a SSB, at least it was an interesting one. Are there any tips for using it? Is it worth using or is the invulnerability just a gimmick?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

3/11 got Gilgamesh BSB, Marach BSB, and Braska's fire SSB. Pretty good!

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

1/11, Gaff BSB.

Ehh, but it's a synergy sword and I guess I'm building up an okay Dark team. Too bad Raines RW just trivializes any Dark-weak content. Also guess I'm pulling on FFX after all, I could use the bump.

I really want Gaff's bsb because it has an ether effect, so I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get it, but not THAT disappointed because 3/11 Jecht, Rapha, and Galuf BSBs and I know Rapha is great.

triplexpac posted:

I got Galuf's Titan Glove... if I was going to get a SSB, at least it was an interesting one. Are there any tips for using it? Is it worth using or is the invulnerability just a gimmick?

Galuf Solos everything.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Welp, broke my personal record for rainbows.

Titan's Gloves is a dupe and the other two SSBs aren't great but I'm sure as hell not complaining. I needed X gear too so I am extremely happy to get 3 rainbows in that realm, especially Apocalypse. Highly tempted to push my luck and pull on XII-2 now...

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 10, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

triplexpac posted:

just wanna say btw your lightning bsb ashe lady carried the gently caress out of the FFT event boss, much thanks for running her

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

GreenBuckanneer posted:

1/11 Seymour BSB

ehh....

I got the same plus a couple Ovelia dupes, and it doesn't seem terrible, but I don't really have any other dark SBs to take advantage of it. Hopefully I'll get some use out of it in multiplayer in the meantime.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Getting Marach's BSB looks like it owns. Problem is when my account went kerblooey I was not able to grab his MC1 or MC2! I did pick up his MC3 though but I am going to have to wait until MC1 and MC2 pops up in the Hall of Rites.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

2/11, Wakka's BSB and Sheepsong, both dupes

wooooooo

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I realized I wasted a hundred Mythril in the Marach Banner when I just had to wait this LD to get T.G. Cid's OSB...

I also got Ramza's Burst, so I'll be resuming saving Mythril for the FF30-(Burst)Fest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

3/11

Tidus BSB
Ramza BSB
Agrias's SSB (Hallowed Bolt)

Feel like I did good, now to take advantage of the Stamina reduction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I hardly play this game anymore but I do love me some cheap rolls.

4/11 - Fran's BSB, Mustadio's BSB, Auron's SSB, Orlandeau's OSB

FFT still has some really stupid character names.

• Locked thread