Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if emma turns out not to be a magical girl i will be very disappointed in trails of cold steel

also what is with the trails games and being all "these two siblings-not-by-blood should bone down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
So I've finally started watching Samurai Flamenco and It goes some places :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

also what is with the trails games and being all "these two siblings-not-by-blood should bone down"
i think elise in cold steel is just a gag about estelle and josh in sky, tbh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's easily my biggest bummer with what I've played of Trails. I'd even say Estelle and Josh have a nice dynamic if it weren't for the Adoptioncest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh, estelle and josh aren't that weird. They've only lived together for a few years and they don't really call each other brother/sister or anything, nor does Cassius really emphasize that relationship. It's not really the same as like, cases where the characters are raised together and don't even know they're not blood-related at the start of the game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think making joshua an adopted sibling at like ten years old was just their way of working in his childhood relationship with estelle in a way that worked with his backstory, unfortunately the way they decided on is one that could kind of reasonably weird people out

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, it's not awful or anything, don't wanna overstate it. If they had just been like...3 years older or so when Josh got adopted it wouldn't even bother me at all. Just talking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i think making joshua an adopted sibling at like ten years old was just their way of working in his childhood relationship with estelle in a way that worked with his backstory, unfortunately the way they decided on is one that could kind of reasonably weird people out
yeah i still think the whole thing would have worked better if joshua had just refused to take cassius's last name so he was just 'joshua' in the status screens and stuff, it'd raise a little mystery and also completely remove that element since it's barely touched on anyway, i just think it isn't that weird

tho it is weird that people sometimes act more weirded out by elise, who isnt taken seriously at all by the plot and is mostly messed with by alfin, than estelle and josh in sky

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, it's not awful or anything, don't wanna overstate it. If they had just been like...3 years older or so when Josh got adopted it wouldn't even bother me at all. Just talking.
I mean if it had been 3 or so years older than it would have been like a year before the game starts. They meet when they're ten/elevenish and the game starts when they're both 15/16.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

I mean if it had been 3 or so years older than it would have been like a year before the game starts. They meet when they're ten/elevenish and the game starts when they're both 15/16.

Ah, I thought they were more like 18/19.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's ok when goons make the jokes but not when alfin does it i guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Semifinals: Marmalade Boy vs Battle Programmer Shirase in 1 hour @ 10PM Eastern. Please don't vote for BPS.
https://wheel.snail.moe/
https://cytu.be/r/wheelofanime

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i figured that joshua took the last name bright out of respect to his new dad cassius, who is one cool cat

i do like how they explicitly distinguish cassius' and estelle's natural inclination to bend others to their will, cassius through example, estelle through idealism

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh yeah also trails in the sky's characters are so much better, maybe it's the natural flaw of having a large ensemble cast but there's not really any fun characters in cold steel, they're all basically boring archetypes

at least elliot's special craft attack has him attack people with demonic violin music

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The system works.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my internet died at exactly 10PM so I took it as a sign from god that bps won, I'm glad I was wrong... now begins the stream...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ah, lunch

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That feeling when you've seen somebody with the same Anime av, but it's got a MAGA Hat :whitewater:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tell me where this poser is and i will kill him

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Give Snails Homes Again.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when can we elect a vocaloid president

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The things I would give for a fictional president right now...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

when can we elect a vocaloid president

It would have to be an American made vocaloid and that would just be fail

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dunno what tubitv is but they got millenium actress on there so at least someone is trying to license kon movies for streaming

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

That feeling when you've seen somebody with the same Anime av, but it's got a MAGA Hat :whitewater:

ah my next avatar

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/shinsetsuana/status/861994814426034177

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The sequel to Jesus

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad he shaved the beard.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jesus grew up a bit after jesus 1

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I might have eaten too much ice cream too close to bed time.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

chumbler posted:

I think I might have eaten too much ice cream too close to bed time.

or not enough ice cream.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/ministop_fan/status/859203299991408640 https://twitter.com/Victuuri_IsLife/status/859264169350221825

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah i still think the whole thing would have worked better if joshua had just refused to take cassius's last name so he was just 'joshua' in the status screens and stuff

This plus just changing the way Joshua is introduced slightly would have done the trick. If he'd just been introduced as a kid who was staying with the Brights for a little while instead of being more like an adopted son to Cassius, it would have made it better.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the point of the arrangement was that it was temporary until it was not: he stays until the past catches up to him, but then it turns out everyone valued his presence more than he originally expected

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kare Kano rules.

Good.

Adbot