Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Can confirm, HotWheels is leading the way for FH3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

How are they physics?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The hot wheels cars have crazy traction and turning. I haven't looked at the upgrades yet so I dunno if they're unique to the branded cars or if you can build your own with similar specs.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

The hot wheels cars have crazy traction and turning. I haven't looked at the upgrades yet so I dunno if they're unique to the branded cars or if you can build your own with similar specs.

Can you drive normal cars on the hotwheels tracks?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Fayez Butts posted:

Can you drive normal cars on the hotwheels tracks?

plz let is drift willy's jeep and 360flip the jump gaps

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You can drive any car. The physics aren't different, though there might be a little fuckery to keep the cars on the track during the crazy track sections.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

hang on while i finish this essay on the benefits of frontwheel drive during vertical loops when driving under top speed

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shifting can be kind of lovely with the turbo boosts tbh.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

so did the patch that launched alongside this expansion actually make the PC version run properly?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
People on the official forums are saying it fixed a bunch of low performance areas and generally increased FPS. Nothing about random crashing though which is what I'm still getting 7+ months after release. I really liked the stunt races in GTAV and want to like this expansion but I'm not going to buy it if it still randomly crashes on me all the time.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Shifting can be kind of lovely with the turbo boosts tbh.

Proof that Playground devs all drive with full assists on.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Shumagorath posted:

Proof that Playground devs all drive with full assists on.

Sometimes in Horizon I turn on auto shifting. Don't tell anyone.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Here's hoping it enables PC support for the thrustmaster shifter (it probably doesn't)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GutBomb posted:

Here's hoping it enables PC support for the thrustmaster shifter (it probably doesn't)

lol

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Had a wonky landing off a jump, bounced onto a turbo booster, and it launched me a few hundred feet straight into the air as I laughed like an idiot the whole time.

Goty

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If you fall off the track and don't hit rewind before it resets you... Goodbye your race :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Update: thrustmaster TH8A still doesn't work in forza horizon 3 or forza 6 apex on pc.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Update: thrustmaster TH8A still doesn't work in forza horizon 3 or forza 6 apex on pc.
Update: Water is wet.

(Just playin', GB. I haven't had time to even play the expansion yet. Thanks for the heads-up earlier today.)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Feels like you could really cheese a lot of the tracks with bouncing off the walls instead of breaking.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Feels like you could really cheese a lot of the tracks with bouncing off the walls instead of breaking.

If you're going too fast you'll go right over the wall. Now that I think about it, I haven't tried the old Gran Turismo trick of riding the wall all the way through the corner

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

two_beer_bishes posted:

If you're going too fast you'll go right over the wall. Now that I think about it, I haven't tried the old Gran Turismo trick of riding the wall all the way through the corner

If you hit it right you stay on the track and kind of bounce around the corner.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Think I'm starting to come to the realization that Horizon 2 is the worst entry in the spinoff series. So much padding for time between championships with the forced road trips between each one, and an extra road trip back to HQ after every 3 championships.

Seems like H2 just went off the deep end and ended up with a really bad excess of odd decisions (you showed up to an event with the wrong car, lemme give you a minute long unskippable rant about it before you can pick the right one), championships, and grindy online based achievements, and makes me appreciate H3 more for cutting out most if not all of H2's insanity

e: I would also argue that Storm Island is more streamlined and interesting than the main game is.
e2: is/was there an actual goon club in H2? could easily find the real one in H1 despite it being defunct but seems like nothing but imitations when it comes to 2.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 15, 2017

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Is there a goon club in H3? Just wound up picking some random one the game offered.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Chin Strap posted:

Is there a goon club in H3? Just wound up picking some random one the game offered.

We started one but I think we let anyone in whether they were a goon or not. I rarely recognize any of the names in it. It's GRRC

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Horizon 2's setting was a massive step down from H1 and H3's setting righted the ship bigly. It felt like a play to get Europeans to buy Xboxen.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

it was pretty active when it came out. if you join now, much of the tops scores you'll be competing against are pretty stagnant or comedy options that people aren't messing with

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Thief posted:

comedy options that people aren't messing with

:ohdear: I'm sorry. I can't help it. I just like stupid comedy cars that drive stupidly fast...

Sincerly,
Muttering Hobo

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Howdy i beat some of your rival times in FM6 last night. Get good!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Howdy i beat some of your rival times in FM6 last night. Get good!
Hah!

I wasn't even trying, bro!

I was probably trying very hard.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Sebastian Flyte posted:

:ohdear: I'm sorry. I can't help it. I just like stupid comedy cars that drive stupidly fast...

Sincerly,
Muttering Hobo

check out the drift boards for the most laughs

some goons got into the top spots sliding c and b class cars :allears:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hey, if you're still playing FH2 the GRC club is still there. There are lots of old rivals times to beat there, even though we don't play it now. If you have trouble getting in, let me know. I don't even remember the settings we used for joining GRC back then, but I'll see to it you are in.

My gamertag is Captain Howdy 0. Message me if you need to. I still have lots of stuff I want to do in FH2 but, drat, who has the time?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Funny how that club never popped up on any search with the "goon" keyword, maybe because it isn't openly joinable. Well, shot you a friend request so I can get in, even though to be real I'm likely never going to do any serious online play with FH2 if at all.

Mostly because I can't seem to focus on any one game all that much, I basically have a daily ritual that consists of doing 1 FH1 street race for "days played" credit, then at least a single race in both FM6 and FH2, maybe more if the mood strikes me since I still have tons of stuff to do in both of those. And in recent days a lot of cramming down the last championships in FH3:HW, almost got that 2000/2000.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 16, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Think I'm starting to come to the realization that Horizon 2 is the worst entry in the spinoff series. So much padding for time between championships with the forced road trips between each one, and an extra road trip back to HQ after every 3 championships.

Seems like H2 just went off the deep end and ended up with a really bad excess of odd decisions (you showed up to an event with the wrong car, lemme give you a minute long unskippable rant about it before you can pick the right one), championships, and grindy online based achievements, and makes me appreciate H3 more for cutting out most if not all of H2's insanity

yeah horizon 2 had some real problems. I thought the overall flow of the game was just kinda bad, the whole having to roadtrip everywhere after every championship got tedious extremely quick. i also did not care much for the setting.

horizon 3 is leaps and bounds better. i'll be interested to see what they do with 4, 3 set a really fuckin high bar.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

financially racist posted:

horizon 3 is leaps and bounds better. i'll be interested to see what they do with 4, 3 set a really fuckin high bar.

There's an important chunk of Project Gotham DNA left unreplicated - motorcycles!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I wonder where 4 will be located at. I have to believe there will be a Japan-themed Horizon at some point (with tight cities and twisty mountain roads). Plus more opportunity for classic Japanese cars. It would be a diverse location with plenty of new experiences and a unique car culture.

I was kinda hoping for an Africa Horizon, but 3 already sorta fills that void with open desert and sand dunes and jungle regions.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Horizon 4 should just be Tokyo Drift

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I would very much like the return of Fujimi Kaido to the Forza franchise.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'd like horizon 4 to try and do the same thing the crew tried to do with its map. except, y'know, not be loving godawful.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Free Xbox multiplayer this weekend so if you've wanted to play Forza MP but were too cheap to buy Xbox Live Gold, here's your chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Lorini posted:

Free Xbox multiplayer this weekend so if you've wanted to play Forza MP but were too cheap to buy Xbox Live Gold, here's your chance.

So stay out of public lobbies. Got it.

• Locked thread