Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Vonnie posted:

I really want Gaff's bsb because it has an ether effect, so I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get it, but not THAT disappointed because 3/11 Jecht, Rapha, and Galuf BSBs and I know Rapha is great.

Gaff doesn't really have much to abuse it with, though. There's Omega Drive, but that's about it.

I'll pull him out for fun and I've got both a +Dark sword and light/heavy armour waiting for him, but I don't think he's sneaking into the B team even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

oh hey I thought this was tomorrow, oops

I should probably be disappointed in this but I'll never say no to a new doohickey for Faris, even if I have her BSB already.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

3/11 - Agrias's BSB (dupe but still useful), Wakka's SSB, and Yuna's BSB2. :woop: Finally I have a good healing BSB, and just in time for the upcoming FF10 event!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

UHD posted:

Fran's BSB

???? Could this be Faris BSB? I didn't realize offbanners were possible for Luckies...

Nihilarian posted:

oh hey I thought this was tomorrow, oops

I should probably be disappointed in this but I'll never say no to a new doohickey for Faris, even if I have her BSB already.

I have both her BSB and SSB, and the SSB is useful if you're using her as a Dancer for some extra damage, especially if someone can benefit off the Imperil, or to hit a Wind (or Lightning) weakness. (Her ATK/MAG SB or USB would be better, but I don't have those.)

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
2/11
Sheepsong and Gilgamesh BSB, neither of them dupes.

I was hoping against for Orlandeau's OSB but I am certainly not going to complain about this.

Griz
May 21, 2001

2/11, Auron BSB1 and Galuf BSB

does imperil stack? I now have two imperil fires (Galuf and Locke BSB) and maybe one of these days I'll get something that does fire damage besides Squall BSB.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

pichupal posted:

???? Could this be Faris BSB? I didn't realize offbanners were possible for Luckies...

Yeah it was Faris I'm just dumb

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Griz posted:

does imperil stack? I now have two imperil fires (Galuf and Locke BSB) and maybe one of these days I'll get something that does fire damage besides Squall BSB.

Yup, imperils can stack up to 3 times as well as with different kinds. Having multiple is pretty baller as a result.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

4/11 Krile BSB, Yuna SSB (dupe), Mustadio SSB and Paine SSB.

Nothing exciting, but pulling 4 with only 1 dupe is okay with me.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
3/11 and a total boon for building up a wind team. Dorgann's Blade (first wind boost sword for me) and Faris's Bracers (first wind imperil for me). Also got a Romandan Pistol, which will have its uses and wasn't a dupe.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

2/11 but it was Mustadio BSB and Lenna BSB.

Both pretty solid but things I probably didn't need.

I have healer bursts for Yshtola, Rosa, Ovelia, Eiko, Arc, Yuna2, Relm, and now Lenna.

I also have a ton of support BSBs but Mustadio's seems pretty loving good so cool there. I also have an embarrassing amount of FFT synergy.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The cool thing about Lenna's BSB is that it buffs her MND through the goddamn roof between entry and command 1. That plus command 1 being 4 hits makes her the hardest hitting white mage if you find she has time to do things other than heal. Also all that MND buffing makes her standard medica command 2 actually a good bit better than other BSB medica commands.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Griz posted:

they stack, and Galuf's BSB is one of the best Imperil's, if not the best.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The good: Orlandeau's SSB. I may have his OSB already but this is AOE and this game utterly refuses to give me magic BSBs so I have to make do with what I get and Orlandeau is a good man. The bad: Greg's OSB. A dupe Greg OSB, even!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Sorry everyone, I think I took all of your luck.

I had given up on getting his OSB after chasing it like 5 times, so that was a nice surprise. Great stuff overall, the only dupe is Iga Blade and even that's fine because I have so goddamn many FFT / + holy swords that I can safely combine it.

Seriously though game, I really, really do not need any more FFT synergy. Somehow I have 1 OSB, 4 BSBs, and 6 SSBs, including Shout, despite only purposefully pulling on like 2 FFT-specific banners ever. I think I'm good.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I complained about it in the Discord but I just went Jecht OSB/11 and it is probably the single worst OSB. Lightning's at least gets better the more you use it and is on a character with a good skill set. Jecht needs to have three full SB bars to not blow. It's not even good as a stat stick since its a blitzball.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/11

Genji Gloves (Dupe)
Faris BSB
Faris USB

Looks like the game wants me to use Faris.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Huh. Ok so, I got galuf's bsb and orlandeau's ssb. Is orlandeau's ssb worth anything since I have his absolutely amazing osb?

And is galuf's bsb any good? Its commands are all off heals so that could potentially be pretty loving neat honestly. Use galuf as an off healer and lenna as dedicated heal with her curaga medica. Though sadly none of my ffv relics synergize with one another. Krile's sheep skin vs galuf and barts bsb, faris imperil wind ssb and gilgamesh's old and bad ssb.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got Tiny Bee / 11, so a tiny bit worse than Schwartz back there. I am the myth, the man, the legend.

Sucks though, unless I find it useful for a Nightmare somewhere.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I complained about it in the Discord but I just went Jecht OSB/11 and it is probably the single worst OSB. Lightning's at least gets better the more you use it and is on a character with a good skill set. Jecht needs to have three full SB bars to not blow. It's not even good as a stat stick since its a blitzball.

Fire/Dark gives it some versatility and Jecht has lots of offensive options.

Honestly even the worst OSBs are on characters with good ability options.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Jecht's OSB can at least be abused with fire/dark imperils and enspells. That's more than can be said for poor ol' Greg.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sorry everyone, I think I took all of your luck.

I had given up on getting his OSB after chasing it like 5 times, so that was a nice surprise. Great stuff overall, the only dupe is Iga Blade and even that's fine because I have so goddamn many FFT / + holy swords that I can safely combine it.

Seriously though game, I really, really do not need any more FFT synergy. Somehow I have 1 OSB, 4 BSBs, and 6 SSBs, including Shout, despite only purposefully pulling on like 2 FFT-specific banners ever. I think I'm good.

I feel the need to point out Sephiroth will enjoy a katana like the Iga Blade whether it's combined or not...

That said, congrats on pulling a great set of relics for a Holy Physical team and Marach's Mag/Res Debuffing Burst.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, I'm probably underselling Jecht. I do need another fire user for a fire physical team centered around Locke, and I guess I can just staple Fires Within and Lifesiphon to Jecht. I have an absolute ton of Physical Dark bursts, which means Jecht doesn't really have enough going for him to bump anyone off that team.

I'm really hoping for the Auron BSB2 later this week to get an EnFire burst. Only dupe on that banner is Braska's Faithga, and I'd be okay with just about anything on it. My X synergy is only Jecht OSB, Tidus OSB, and Braska SSB, so anything helps. I think I'll only spend 50 mythril though, so I still have enough saved to pull for Irvine/Squall, and the next fest.

Actually, when do we get Fire Shooter skills?

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 10, 2017

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Alxprit posted:

I got Tiny Bee / 11, so a tiny bit worse than Schwartz back there. I am the myth, the man, the legend.

Sucks though, unless I find it useful for a Nightmare somewhere.

Just wait until we start seeing some Tiny Bee/30 posts eventually.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
4/11 Dupe Agrias BSB, Marach BSB, Mustadio Seal Evil Super, Dorgann Winds of Home Super.

Marach BSB sounds amazing, hope it doesn't have junk multipliers or something. It's not instant cast spam but reduced cast time is the next best thing.

Agrias BSB is great, gonna combine it. Three holy swords is enough.

Supers seem pretty meh

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Need to share my ridiculous pull. No dupes, three BSBs and my first USB.

Just wish I could've saved some of this luck for the FFVIII banner...

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
1/11 Agrias OSB.

Which would have been fine, but this is my 4th time pulling the drat thing. Can't even combine it anymore.

Hopefully I pull another 2 someday so I can have 2 8* enholy swords?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Good enough, both new and one much needed FFX item more.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

1/11, Rikku BSB. Not sure how to feel about that, doesn't look all that special unless I run a water team.

Did pull Basch OSB off the dollar draw so that's something anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

IllegallySober posted:

1/11, Rikku BSB. Not sure how to feel about that, doesn't look all that special unless I run a water team.

Did pull Basch OSB off the dollar draw so that's something anyway.

It's really nice for the X Torment dungeon (or the CM) if you haven't done that yet.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I got 3 BSBs on the lucky draw! Unfortunately two of them were Lulu's dress and Lenna's staff which seem like worse versions of the BSBs I already have for Papalymo / Aerith. Faris' bow seems decent though?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Party Boat posted:

I got 3 BSBs on the lucky draw! Unfortunately two of them were Lulu's dress and Lenna's staff which seem like worse versions of the BSBs I already have for Papalymo / Aerith. Faris' bow seems decent though?

Lenna's BSB is way better than Aerith's though.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
3/11, Two dupes of Gaffgarion's BSB and Ramza's BSB. Feels a bit underwhelming to me, but then I had some pretty drat amazing draws from the 3 lucky draws during the anniversary.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Am I missing something about it? The cura level heal seemed like a step down from white materia and while reraise sounds nice my most frequent cause of death is not popping wm fast enough. Once it's out everyone stays more or less topped off. I guess the holy attack is a nice extra option?

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

My exact pull! Well, minus the 4's and 3's being different.

I was disappointed at first, but I don't have a Wind Imperil so this could be useful. Say, for the 220 raid that's going on right now, if I hadn't already done it. Luneth BSB and Faris's Bracers is a good combo.

also, shoutouts to JP getting a dungeon update too so I can build up some stamina there on my new account. Sucks that they don't have a half-price Lucky Draw though...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Most single target heal commands that aren't instant are just nice hone-extenders with a bonus effect. So Lenna doesn't really lose out on much by having an offensive command instead, and her personal damage is the best of all the healers (Vanille's is better for support though). Unlike Penelo, her buffs don't conflict with similar buffs like Yuna's.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

:stare:

Well I was lacking in Tactics synergy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Can't complain, only the Excalibur was a dupe. Was actually mulling over pulling on the upcoming FFX event because my synergy is pretty mediocre, and while I might still do that but this brings me a step further. Also have a fully kitted out FFT team, up till now I only had 4 FFT characters with SBs because the game kept giving me multiple SBs to the same people.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I got two lulu bsbs. Is her bsb any good? If not, how useful is the ice up effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

RagnarokAngel posted:

Can't complain, only the Excalibur was a dupe. Was actually mulling over pulling on the upcoming FFX event because my synergy is pretty mediocre, and while I might still do that but this brings me a step further. Also have a fully kitted out FFT team, up till now I only had 4 FFT characters with SBs because the game kept giving me multiple SBs to the same people.

Unless you hunger for Kimrahi's BSB, you may want to wait for the next ffx event, it looks like a better banner in pretty much every way.

• Locked thread