Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kuiperdolin posted:

Lol Chuck got Queeged.

But how is Huell not in trouble? "Uh yeah I pickpocketed someone but it was to prove a point." How is it supposed to fly?
It's not pickpocketing if you're putting something into someone's pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fun fact about the Perry Mason shoutout- Jonathan Banks was actually in one of the Perry Mason TV movies from the 80's.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Still uses the pickpocket skill.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That sounds very pro-crime. I don't want some dickhead rifling through my pockets regardless of if he takes or puts something and what.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kuiperdolin posted:

That sounds very pro-crime. I don't want some dickhead rifling through my pockets regardless of if he takes or puts something and what.

write your local representative that you want all the people putting stuff into your pockets stopped. if you are in the south you might get a law out of it and a visit from a social worker psychiatrist, if not. either way, win-win

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
On the same note as the 'address mix-up' lie opening the episode, one of my favorite "Chuck believes he's infallible and everyone else is incompetent or amoral" moments is during the previous episode's deferment hearing, when the prosecutor shares her anecdote about her aunt's sound sensitivity and Chuck is visibly unconvinced and gives an obviously forced courtesy recognition of what she said.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Platystemon posted:

Still uses the pickpocket skill.

Sneaking an active grenade into an NPC's inventory is one of life's simple pleasures

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm not saying it can't be done and I'm also completely willing to suspend my disbelief that Huell is just really good at what he does. But I am curious about the mechanics of putting something in someone's breast pocket that quickly and smoothly without them noticing.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

vermin posted:

Sneaking an active grenade into an NPC's inventory is one of life's simple pleasures

The best part of Metal Gear Solid was planting C4 on a guard's back, taking out the others who come running with the FAMAS, then hiding under a box for two minutes until they decide to go back to normal.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Kuiperdolin posted:

What is the name of the crime of leaving things in someone else's pockets?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

ChesterJT posted:

What is the name of the crime of leaving things in someone else's pockets?

Putpocketing.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
how is this show so good

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm not saying it can't be done and I'm also completely willing to suspend my disbelief that Huell is just really good at what he does. But I am curious about the mechanics of putting something in someone's breast pocket that quickly and smoothly without them noticing.

The key is that Chuck got body checked at the same time. That’s why he didn’t notice.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
A good prank would be like those beach shower shampoo videos except with chocolate sauce in your pocket

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
also, could chuck argue that planting the phone battery was... battery?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maskenfreiheit posted:

also, could chuck argue that planting the phone battery was... battery?

With the cooking Chuck did in the opening, this episode could have been

A Salt and Battery

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
:boom:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

He bumps into Chuck, and reaches into his jacket. A suit jacket breast pocket is going to be in the same spot for everyone so it's not like that was super difficult. Even if Chuck had his weirdo space blanket jacket, that side of the jacket was where a shirt pocket would be so Huell could drop it in there.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 9, 2017

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Jimmy would probably know Chuck's suit habits anyway

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Goddamn, that was loving awesome.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
The best episode of the season had no Mike scenes, what a shock!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Big Huell the Drug Mule

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Platystemon posted:

With the cooking Chuck did in the opening, this episode could have been

A Salt and Battery

Brb opening a fish and chips shop

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why didn't Jimmy just have Huell reverse pickpocket a live grenade into Chuck's pocket

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why didn't Jimmy just have Huell reverse pickpocket a live grenade into Chuck's pocket

Or a ricin battery

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Pickpocket all of the Kettleman cash.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hearing Chuck mention the billboard reminded me of Jimmy's 'makeover' which literally made me lol just now, picturing that stupid hair and smile. What a Jimmy thing to do.

"Hamlindigo blue."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OctaviusBeaver posted:

The best episode of the season had no Mike scenes, what a shock!

check your hubris, or we'll discover next ep is 45 minutes of mike making and consuming a pimento sandwich

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

maskenfreiheit posted:

check your hubris, or we'll discover next ep is 45 minutes of mike making and consuming a pimento sandwich

i'd watch the gently caress out of that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mike’s Voice had an appearance in this episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I hope the next 4 episodes are Mike eating pimento sandwiches while staking out meth heads

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hearing Chuck mention the billboard reminded me of Jimmy's 'makeover' which literally made me lol just now, picturing that stupid hair and smile. What a Jimmy thing to do.

"Hamlindigo blue."

For posterity, and because it is amazing.

Like Tony Curtis in Spartacus.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 10, 2017

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

So he really butchers it on the stand.

No, he doesn't. As I said before:

Cnut the Great posted:

Are you sure? He's saying "It was 1216", as in that's the number that was on the documents he used to draw up the case, since Jimmy put that number there. He knew that was the number on the documents he was using (before Jimmy switched them back) because it's one year after the Magna Carta was signed. It's the same thing he said at the time, and he was right.

Chuck is always technically right, that's like his thing.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Huell has magic hot dog fingers.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Cnut the Great posted:

Chuck is always technically right, that's like his thing.

I like to think he just has so much surface area that you can't tell what's going on. All you know is you're being smushed and there's contact. You'd pay attention to the contact, except you're afraid of getting smushed and before you know what's happened, it's over and you're unsmushed and just grateful.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Cnut the Great posted:

My college nickname :wmwink:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think that was the best episode of the series so far, and probably my favorite episode of television overall since at least the last episode of Game of Thrones. Letting the show focus on the main character, and allowing his plot to actually develop, turns out to be a good thing.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It can definitely be done that way. Watch some youtube videos of magicians or pickpockets doing that stuff where they just plant poo poo all over you without you knowing.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

QwertySanchez posted:

For posterity, and because it is amazing.

Like Tony Curtis in Spartacus.

Seeing that reminds me of what a horrible person Chuck is. That billboard would never have happened had Chuck not played two potential friends/allies against each other.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

I can't check myself, but didn't he say 1416? Guess it really doesn't matter either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't check myself, but didn't he say 1416? Guess it really doesn't matter either way though.

No, he said 1216.

• Locked thread