Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think Blaine is that good at acting that he can just see his dad be magically alive again and not even flinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think Blaine is that good at acting that he can just see his dad be magically alive again and not even flinch.

My belief: He lost his memories and was good-guy Blaine for a bit. BUT! I think Cure 2.0 actually worked, and now he's faking amnesia because why wouldn't he hook up with Peyton again? And it'll be funny if no one finds out until Major actually has to take Cure 2.0 regardless, and just doesn't forget everything.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Barbed Tongues posted:

My belief: He lost his memories and was good-guy Blaine for a bit. BUT! I think Cure 2.0 actually worked, and now he's faking amnesia because why wouldn't he hook up with Peyton again? And it'll be funny if no one finds out until Major actually has to take Cure 2.0 regardless, and just doesn't forget everything.

Calling it, if this does in fact go down this way, Blaine will inadvertently be responsible for the death / loving over of that zombie girl Major's obsessing over. However _that_ goes down.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Edit: ugh somehow made that post from my pocket.
Will post gifs later to make up for it

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 30, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The pan down from the skyscraper to the name Hightower actually made me slap my forehead IRL.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, I'm leaning to his amnesia being legit (at least was, who knows whether or not amnesia cure worked). But I was including that because it is still plausible.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Gifs? Gifs!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think if Blaine had gotten his memories back from the memory fixing shot, they would have to come back while he's awake. If he had woken up with his old memories that Saturday morning, once again he'd have to be a really good actor to suddenly remember things and not freak out about it. If it had happened while he was awake and alone, it would require his old memories to totally bring back his old personality. Then he would have to remember what he was like with amnesia and then start acting like that. I don't think suddenly having a bunch of memories would bring back their original personality like that. If anything, I think he would be new Blaine freaking out about all the terrible memories from old Blaine. The only way he could have his old memories and not be old Blaine is if he had planned to fake amnesia from the start, and be really good at not reacting to seeing people he's not supposed to recognize anymore.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love that they keep going back to the sleazy weatherman/newsman.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TMMadman posted:

Daran Norris owns

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Draw the nipples Jimmy"

TMMadman posted:

Best recurring char.

e: paranoid gunshop owner did nothing wrong. kill all zombies

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 3, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The defense lawyer coming back to represent Johnny was great. Not sure how I feel about the zombie hunter plot and Major not showing up in next week's promo is both predictable and irritating.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So, iZombie takes place in the same continuity as West Wing?

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Weird, the description on Amazon Instant says that Blaine and Peyton have a heart to heart this episode but it never happened. Did it on actual TV?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Loutre posted:

Weird, the description on Amazon Instant says that Blaine and Peyton have a heart to heart this episode but it never happened. Did it on actual TV?

I feel like there was more to the resolution behind the murder mystery as well. Oh well.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

I feel like there was more to the resolution behind the murder mystery as well. Oh well.

Yeah, something felt off there. The guy didn't seem very intimidated by Liv's bad cop act, and his "Okay, I confess to whatever you just said, give me something to sign" was unconvincing -- not in the bad acting way but in the covering for someone way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe it'll be continued in the next episode? I mean, I know Gordon Michael Woolvett isn't exactly a top-tier actor or anything, but it seems weird they got him to deliver, like, two lines.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Maybe it'll be continued in the next episode? I mean, I know Gordon Michael Woolvett isn't exactly a top-tier actor or anything, but it seems weird they got him to deliver, like, two lines.

I mean, your guess is as good as mine, but his last credited television role was two years ago as "Ferret Guy". Looking through his imdb, it looks like something must have happened around 2010 to tank his career. That, or he decided to do theatre exclusively or something, but even then...

Wouldn't be the first time that a seeming one off case paid off in a different way later on (remember the one with Margot from the Magicians back in Season 1?). And given that every single other character involved in the subplot were recurring characters, it's probably more likely, yeah.

In conclusion: maybe!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was also really amused by the sketch artist last night.

And since the blue juice Ravi made enhanced the effects of the visions, who is betting it will have some kind of use in curing Major of his zombie cure amnesia?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

TMMadman posted:

And since the blue juice Ravi made enhanced the effects of the visions, who is betting it will have some kind of use in curing Major of his zombie cure amnesia?

That's literally what the blue juice is supposed to be for.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Seems odd that they are just giving up on the memory juice. It clearly does something. The fact that it didn't work on a guy who lost his memories months ago shouldn't be enough for them to give up on it being helpful for a guy who hasn't even lost his memories yet.

Though I suppose if it worked then Liv would take the cure too and the show would end. In order for the cure to work on Major and not gently caress up the premise of the show, the other 16 vials would have to be lost. Like, for example, if a Filmore Graves employee found out about the 'cure' and told his boss and then mercenaries snuck in and stole the rest of the supply.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Seems odd that they are just giving up on the memory juice. It clearly does something. The fact that it didn't work on a guy who lost his memories months ago shouldn't be enough for them to give up on it being helpful for a guy who hasn't even lost his memories yet.

Though I suppose if it worked then Liv would take the cure too and the show would end. In order for the cure to work on Major and not gently caress up the premise of the show, the other 16 vials would have to be lost. Like, for example, if a Filmore Graves employee found out about the 'cure' and told his boss and then mercenaries snuck in and stole the rest of the supply.
I think the memory serum worked on Blaine. We're going to find out when they finally use it on Major and he gets his memory back, then they'll start asking awkward questions of Blaine.

---

also I don't watch much TV so I don't know if this is the new normal, but all of the izombie writers are active on twitter and tweet a lot about their own episodes. For example, some tweets from the writer of this weeks episode
https://twitter.com/saaaranotsarah/status/859619673205354496
So the longer visions might be how they'll all be from now on.
https://twitter.com/saaaranotsarah/status/859624850377367553

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

"I'm outtttttta here.....please?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Clearly the solution is that Major must eat his own brain.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This and Supergirl are basically my anti-depressants and I don't know what I am going to do during the summer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

"I'm outtttttta here.....please?"

I wanna dip my BRAINS in it

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
D.A. Baracus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

Yeah, something felt off there. The guy didn't seem very intimidated by Liv's bad cop act, and his "Okay, I confess to whatever you just said, give me something to sign" was unconvincing -- not in the bad acting way but in the covering for someone way.

That seemed like a really weird spot to end the case. Also in the "seems abrupt" category was how Major's DJ/Merc friend was surprised by the talk of a cure and then he doesn't get to question anyone about it, he's just gone in the next scene.

Something that bugs me about Major's plotline was apparently nobody at FG was concerned about the fact that one of their zombie soldiers was constantly coughing and needing to take hits off an inhaler.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If the only way zombie mercenaries can be killed is with a head shot you'd think FG would buy their guys way better helmets.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

If the only way zombie mercenaries can be killed is with a head shot you'd think FG would buy their guys way better helmets.

Didn't Otis(?) die because he got shot a bunch? Seems like enough damage will kill them too.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Didn't Otis(?) die because he got shot a bunch? Seems like enough damage will kill them too.

There was a little red blood puff by his head while he was falling

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No, there was a definite head shot in there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's the cruel dramatic irony I know this series for!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It was obvious Major giving away that shot would bite him in the rear end somehow but that came together a lot better than just making hay out of his surviving the zombie flu. Now it's just a question of how long before Fillmore-Graves gets implicated in the theft because Donnie's not smart enough to hide having very lucrative cures for long. Also gotta wonder if Blaine is mixing up the blue juice to see if he can make something that will really erase his memory.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Poor Blaine. He was legit committed to finally being a better person and well on his way down the road, then this. :smith:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Also gotta wonder if Blaine is mixing up the blue juice to see if he can make something that will really erase his memory.
It's Blaine. He's mixing it up so he can sell Super Memory Brains to people.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He's the only person who has ever tried the memory enhancement juice. We know what effect it has on a zombie who eats a brain that's been marinating in it, but who knows what effect it has on a living brain?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gobbeldygook posted:

It's Blaine. He's mixing it up so he can sell Super Memory Brains to people.

I think it's this just for the Breaking Bad reference.

EDIT: Also, can I just say that my enjoyment of this show is, like, 60% Robert Buckley, easy. The guy's got charm out the rear end.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ravi getting totally British while naming desserts was unexpectedly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought it must be Fillmore Graves -- soldier dude found out about the cure in the previous episode.

I mean, practically speaking, why else does he exist?

• Locked thread