Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Genocide Tendency posted:

Wait.. I thought it was because he was too aggressive with "Hillary's Emails"...

Are they really trying to spin both sides of that?

Because I'm pretty sure that would be the best thing ever.

Yes. Yes they are, and it is just as loving stupid as it sounds. It's a paper thin argument but he's got masses of retards who will buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

There is real risk of a republican supermajority in 2018.

If that happens it really will be Mr Bones wild ride.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's just too hard to fight when the Republicans have such an effective propaganda network. And it's not like they're trying to feed it to the average person, they're feeding it to the oldest people and the dumbest people; the 2 demographics who are least likely to critically think about what they're being told.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mr. Nice! posted:

No the AG and DAG letters specifically said that Comey overstepped his authority by saying there would be no prosecution and that the case was closed. It was wrong to have a press conference about any of it, and these actions erode the faith in the office.

Like seriously, that's the reason.

Then I read a bogus story on twitter. Good to know.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I would love it if the average republican's hate for Clinton outweighs their love of Daddy T. Hell, this should scare the poo poo outta the moderates. Trump just fired a dude who gambled his career to get Trump in. Comey was a right party guy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just genuinely can't believe he fired the guy investigating him. You might as well paint GUILTY on the White House. How loving dumb/paranoid can you be?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
And the motherfucker still won't release his tax information.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

pence takes office

I'm not fully wild about this. Would Mattis be a good president instead?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm not fully wild about this. Would Mattis be a good president instead?

Pence is gonna be terrible. Like really goddamned terrible, because he's your standard issue god-fearing R.

Trump is disruptive and destructive enough that he has basically single-handedly mired his own Presidency in so much poo poo they can't get anything done.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

It's a simple message but lmao it won't stick because trumpsters won't let it stick and noone opposing Trump on the republican side has enough guts to make it happen.

Lmao if Dems get control of the Senate and House in the midterms though, then there will be much blood.

The Trumpsters I keep around on facebook just to see the crazy are already buying the bullshit hook, line, and sinker. "All you liberal snowflakes were screaming for Comey to be fired and now he is and you're still not happy. You'll never give Trump a chance will you? Even when he makes a deal to prove he's everyone's president you still blame him for it! Just no pleasing you is there? "

I'm not even sure it's possible for Donnie to do anything that would make his base give him up. The hardcore redhat MAGA warriors worship him and see even this as a glorious achievement of an Adonis-like figure. Republican congress critters will do everything possible to skitter away from confronting him because if they do the shrieking white hot sphere of pure rage that is the rotten, beating heart of the party will call for their blood. Political survival is all they care about. I don't ever see salvation coming from that corner.

Even if Congress did decide to turn on him, unless it causes an out-and-out civil war within the camps of the GOP that shatters the entire party it might not be worth it. Realistically the only way to win was to never play the game. That option's gone right out the window and everyone is already at the table so now I find myself wondering if miring the administration in controversy and crippling everyone with scandals might be best long term? If they can wash their hands of the Trump stink and pretend they never meant it they'll go right back to what got them where they are now and the next person to whip out the Trumpian-authoritarian playbook may not be a hideously incompetent, dementia addled hate mango.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man spicey is gonna look bedraggled a f tomorrow at his press briefing.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Well, that was a fun piece of news to wake up to :stare: .

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised anymore if the Trump admin went all out Erdogan, and started purging everyone.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 10, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

The Trumpsters I keep around on facebook just to see the crazy are already buying the bullshit hook, line, and sinker. "All you liberal snowflakes were screaming for Comey to be fired and now he is and you're still not happy. You'll never give Trump a chance will you? Even when he makes a deal to prove he's everyone's president you still blame him for it! Just no pleasing you is there? "

I'm not even sure it's possible for Donnie to do anything that would make his base give him up. The hardcore redhat MAGA warriors worship him and see even this as a glorious achievement of an Adonis-like figure. Republican congress critters will do everything possible to skitter away from confronting him because if they do the shrieking white hot sphere of pure rage that is the rotten, beating heart of the party will call for their blood. Political survival is all they care about. I don't ever see salvation coming from that corner.

Even if Congress did decide to turn on him, unless it causes an out-and-out civil war within the camps of the GOP that shatters the entire party it might not be worth it. Realistically the only way to win was to never play the game. That option's gone right out the window and everyone is already at the table so now I find myself wondering if miring the administration in controversy and crippling everyone with scandals might be best long term? If they can wash their hands of the Trump stink and pretend they never meant it they'll go right back to what got them where they are now and the next person to whip out the Trumpian-authoritarian playbook may not be a hideously incompetent, dementia addled hate mango.

Yeah what is terrifying is that we elected a shrieking pissbaby fascist to the white house. What happens if we elect a fascist with an actual brain next time?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

Pence is gonna be terrible. Like really goddamned terrible, because he's your standard issue god-fearing R.

Trump is disruptive and destructive enough that he has basically single-handedly mired his own Presidency in so much poo poo they can't get anything done.

Yeah, the much overstated efficacy of Pence would be at ends with the fact that the dude whose coat-tails he rode into the oval office was successfully impeached.

This current crisis seems like a real tripwire for me. If nothing happens, and I really don't expect it to, then I'm gonna go after that Canadian law degree. I can fully understand the reason why so many American politicians at the turn of the 20th century were hesitant to adopt the role of world power. Americans are too busy for that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Two Finger posted:

Yeah, exactly. And Pence has fans on both sides so it'd a little easier for him to push bullshit through. Or he did, last I heard.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Pence is a known predictable thing. Trump is a known horrible and unpredictable thing that blows up over rumors he hears on talk television.

Which do you prefer?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

Man spicey is gonna look bedraggled a f tomorrow at his press briefing.

I've got bad news for you.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/862138503139872773

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Bear in mind that Spicer was literally hiding in the bushes to get away from reporters.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Reminder: The Library of Congress is already archiving all of twitter, our own gay dead forum, and equestria daily.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.7c8ab13e08fb

Title says it all: Trump to sit down with Russian foreign minister one day after firing Comey.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Talk about bad timing.

I mean it's entirely innocuous, it's proper for the POTUS to meet with foreign emmissaries - even if its more properly the job of the Secretary of State, it's hardly unprecedented.

But maaaaan what lovely timing.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The Iron Rose posted:

Talk about bad timing.

I mean it's entirely innocuous, it's proper for the POTUS to meet with foreign emmissaries - even if its more properly the job of the Secretary of State, it's hardly unprecedented.

But maaaaan what lovely timing.

That's going to be one of the bylines in the history books for this admin.

Well, that and "enormous, omnipresent and inescapable incompetence."

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Here, this might be interesting for history buffs. I haven't really looked at it cause I'm on a phone but looks cool.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/862265002627039233

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862263649821503489

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862265729718128641

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862267781336752128

Fat boy can't help himself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
50% of me believes that Donnie is just totally oblivious to everything and will simply fire anyone who says anything bad about him, simply because they said anything bad about him. If they're not on his side and/or can be controlled, they get dealt with.

25% of me believes that there actually IS something to this Russia thing and that Donnie knew about it and everything, the whole way.

25% of me believes that Donnie is scared as hell because he legitimately has no idea if he's russian-infested or not, because he never cared.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MAGA nation report: celebration,this means Hilary is going to jail

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
CCN is still crap according to Huckabee

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/862277920081010688

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This might be the most tortured burn I've ever seen.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope the Russian Minister visiting today tells Trump that he doesn't expect him to be in office much longer

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
There won't be a resignation. There won't even be a special prosecutor. GOP reps will sit on their hands, conservative media will fundamentally misrepresent the news, and all the noise and fury from the left will amount to nothing. This will embolden Trump and his inner circle to further erode the foundations of liberal democracy.

This will get worse before it gets better.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

I hope the Russian Minister visiting today tells Trump that he doesn't expect him to be in office much longer

Yeah, about that...

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/862289539292942336

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Coming from a fat slob like Huckabee, heh.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Maybe I misheard, but the reporter went to ask a question like "does the coney firing cast a shadow over..." and he interrupted and either was misinterpreting the question as "are you asking me if he was fired? You're kidding." As if to say "yeah it's common knowledge he was fired." Or he was asking the question "wait, was he fired?" Which I just can't imagine someone not knowing the comey got axed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see him mocking our democratic norms, whatever they mean by that.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I got the feeling from his facial gestures that he was mocking/trolling her a bit.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Blind Rasputin posted:

I got the feeling from his facial gestures that he was mocking/trolling her a bit.

Yeah I see that. I guess I think mocking a member of the press is a little different than mocking democratic norms.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

sex swing from IKEA posted:

Maybe I misheard, but the reporter went to ask a question like "does the coney firing cast a shadow over..." and he interrupted and either was misinterpreting the question as "are you asking me if he was fired? You're kidding." As if to say "yeah it's common knowledge he was fired." Or he was asking the question "wait, was he fired?" Which I just can't imagine someone not knowing the comey got axed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see him mocking our democratic norms, whatever they mean by that.

My takeaway is that Lavrov doesn't give much a poo poo about the perception of this, whatever his message to Trump might be. I only posted McDermott's particular tweet because it was the first one I came across with actual video.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/862173929728638977

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
So, what are the odds of the next FBI director dropping all investigations into Trump & Russia, or maybe even start investigating/prosecuting Hillary?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

gently caress this notion that Graham or McCain or whatever GOP flavor of the day will lift a finger to do anything by the way, that narrative ought to be long dead and buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if hes screaming at tvs it's gonna come time that he says gently caress it all and takes his toys and goes home. once the gop is forced to turn against him. not because he lost, but because the crooked GOP was so tainted that they rejected the will of the people who are both the people that are the only real americans and his voters.

pence takes office, does his best gerald ford impression for 3 years. flynn goes to prison. trump pisstape never revealed.

I don't think so. I think he continues to get pissed off (because those idiots in the FAKE NEWS are too stupid to see that he's making America great again!) until he's impeached, strokes out, or gets reelected in '20.

Meanwhile, Pence is doing his best to stay out of the spotlight so if poo poo does hit the fan, he can still walk out onto the red carpet looking presidential.

• Locked thread