Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

LocoRoco in less than an hour :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:allbuttons:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

What the hell is the difference between Journey and the Journey Collectors Edition??

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Soundtrack maybe?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is it. the worst sale.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

What the hell is the difference between Journey and the Journey Collectors Edition??

It says right in the description. The collector's edition comes with Flow and Flower. If it's anything like the PS3 Bryson, it'll also come with some little 24 jam games they made.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You actually have to pay those amounts or they will install those games on your PS4 against your will. It's like some kind of weird reverse ransom.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

glam rock hamhock posted:

It says right in the description. The collector's edition comes with Flow and Flower. If it's anything like the PS3 Bryson, it'll also come with some little 24 jam games they made.

The description I saw just had the same text as the regular game but I wanted those other games too so the bundle sounds like a decent deal.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The Division is an amazing technical achievement in capturing the scale of lower Manhattan in unprecedented detail. Unfortunately it does this in service to a kind of bland open world co-op shooter instead of literally anything else.

In another dimension, Hellgate: London came out in 2016 and was made by The Division team and was the greatest game ever made.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Division got a lot better since launch but it still kinda sucks, if they ever make a Division 2 it will probably be sick IMO.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What was in the Division season pass? I've had the game sitting on my machine since I bought it but have never played yet.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How does Twisted Metal: Black and Playstation All-Stars hold up today?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Playstation All-Stars didn't hold up when it came out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kinda wanna get Assassin's Creed Syndicate (that's the better one than Unity right? Already have Black Flag), should I get the basic game or is the gold edition 8 bucks better?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Fix posted:

What was in the Division season pass? I've had the game sitting on my machine since I bought it but have never played yet.

One good DLC and two bad ones. Just buy Underground and pass on the other two.

Undergound is random dungeons in subways and sewers you can throw modifiers on. PvE and fun.

Survival is the game's take on the battle Royale genre.

Last Stand is more structured PvP.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
How is Sound Shapes and Escape Plan? And is Escape Plan more fun on PS4 or Vita?

Skwirl posted:

Kinda wanna get Assassin's Creed Syndicate (that's the better one than Unity right? Already have Black Flag), should I get the basic game or is the gold edition 8 bucks better?

Yeah, Syndicate's better. Gold edition comes with season pass DLC, which is basically more Assassin's Creed, so purchase depending on your tolerance for that type of game.

Unity had two or three really cool moments. When that thing pops up for, like, even less than five bucks, I'd get it. Just to check out the cool "travel to different time periods in France's history and do the Pac-Man" mini levels. And the hot air balloon chase level is awesome too.

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 9, 2017

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
I mistakenly bought a 1-Year PS+ voucher on Amazon. Their return policy doesn't allow for mis-clicks – I was trying to buy a $60 PSN credit. It's unused. Anyone want to buy it from me for $50? PM me.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Skwirl posted:

To be fair, a lot of the criticism against Unity dealt with it being incredibly buggy and filled with micro-transactions at launch; it isn't anymore. Still worse than Syndicate or Black Flag, but far better than online reviews would have you believe.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I AM THE TOILET posted:

How is Sound Shapes and Escape Plan? And is Escape Plan more fun on PS4 or Vita?

Sound shapes is a nice little indie platformer. Not amazing but very stylish and gets better as it goes, peaking with the Beck level

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

To be fair, a lot of the criticism against Unity dealt with it being incredibly buggy and filled with micro-transactions at launch; it isn't anymore. Still worse than Syndicate or Black Flag, but far better than online reviews would have you believe.

That's fine, but I'm not buying both so I'll go with the better one. I was hoping for opinions on whether or not the gold edition of Syndicate was worth an extra 8 bucks.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Lakbay posted:

The other threads are saying Strafe is bad, that's $20 saved

Yeah, apparently a janky buggy mess with lots of deaths caused by glitches in a perma-death game. What a let down.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Playstation All-Stars didn't hold up when it came out.

I know they were probably trying to get far enough away from Smash to avoid theft accusations or whatever, but having to KO other people with special moves instead of being able to use ring outs was one of many mistakes they made with that game

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
The idea of PS all-stars was good. Having Nariko in the roster was awesome. But the gameplay just wasn't that fun.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 10, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah it wasn't really good. I still played a bunch of it, especially once Kat came in.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

How are the Batman: Return to Arkham ports? I love both Asylum and City, and it's €20 for them on the PS Store right now. Just I know how bad WB Games can be at times.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

How are the Batman: Return to Arkham ports? I love both Asylum and City, and it's €20 for them on the PS Store right now. Just I know how bad WB Games can be at times.

The bits which were originally video files (various cutscenes) were replaced with in-engine rendering, and the lighting is kind of hosed for a lot of them and changes the effect of the scenes if that matters to you. I'm not sure if it was addressed in a later patch. I believe the games themselves are fine but I don't own the re-releases so don't quote me on that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

This may be useful to you.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Thanks. I think a lot of that is more technical than I'd honestly care about. As long as the games are playable and there aren't any weird bugs, long loading times or just general issues with the ports. I'm less concerned about visuals or lighting effects.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Turning the HUD and crosshairs off should be an option in every game.

Lemme see those lovely graphics.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

Thanks. I think a lot of that is more technical than I'd honestly care about. As long as the games are playable and there aren't any weird bugs, long loading times or just general issues with the ports. I'm less concerned about visuals or lighting effects.

I didn't get far into City but I didn't have any issues with Asylum at all bar the occasional weird cutscene face.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

irlZaphod posted:

For what it's worth I just finished the remastered asylum a month ago. I've finished the xbox 360and ps3 copies in the past. This is the version to play for sure. Maybe the cutscene do look a little worse but I never noticed. I actually thought the game itself looked pretty good. Like good enough, it made me question that it used to be a Xbox 360 game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

For what it's worth I just finished the remastered asylum a month ago. I've finished the xbox 360and ps3 copies in the past. This is the version to play for sure. Maybe the cutscene do look a little worse but I never noticed. I actually thought the game itself looked pretty good. Like good enough, it made me question that it used to be a Xbox 360 game.

Remember they were also pretty solid PC games, the only real thing bringing them down being overly-strict copy protection which is a solved problem now and, to be fair, had a pretty funny effect in the first game (if the game suspected it was pirated, attempting to glide would basically work as well as it does in the real world and you come crashing to the ground while impotently flapping your bat-wings, which makes an early section of the game where you have to glide over poison gas impossible).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first one was amazingly optimised on PC, I remember running it on a mid-tier laptop back in the day and it ran like a dream. Fantastic game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

Remember they were also pretty solid PC games, the only real thing bringing them down being overly-strict copy protection which is a solved problem now and, to be fair, had a pretty funny effect in the first game (if the game suspected it was pirated, attempting to glide would basically work as well as it does in the real world and you come crashing to the ground while impotently flapping your bat-wings, which makes an early section of the game where you have to glide over poison gas impossible).

And that's probably what they did, they ported over the pc copies.

Seriously though they're very great games, asylum is the perfect mix of length and bonus content (challenges) to me. Starting from city, they get too large and too many riddler stuff plus so much tiny dlc that adds 30 minutes of content.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the PC versions also had pre-rendered cutscenes, so there was probably more to it than that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They remade the games in Unreal Engine 4.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Seriously though they're very great games, asylum is the perfect mix of length and bonus content (challenges) to me. Starting from city, they get too large and too many riddler stuff plus so much tiny dlc that adds 30 minutes of content.
I normally dislike long games and lose interest after about 20 hours, but I beat City and did a lot of the Riddler stuff because I found it mostly fun (some of it was frustrating though). I liked the level of hints that they gave you as you progressed so that you could go back and unlock more stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like City okay and to a lesser extent the other sequels but I wish they'd stuck with the structure of Asylum because​ it was pretty much perfect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Return to Arkham ports apparently run at 30fps while the PC can run at 60 which is kinda lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Return to Arkham ports apparently run at 30fps while the PC can run at 60 which is kinda lame

They launched unlocked and the PS4 couldn't handle the wider world of City at a stable frame rate