Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I've set the time to the relevant section, it was so loving good live :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9H8VcU21j4&t=13718s

I hope they do this again. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

EA: I guess the Switch is cool and we should make more games for it?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What do EA make/publish these days other than Sports games?

I remember back in the Mega Drive days EA were largely a great publisher, but I don't even remember what the last EA published game I played was, other than FIFA.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ghostwritingduck posted:

*What Sony exclusives are left for the second half of this year? They had an incredible Spring, but I'm not aware of anything coming on the scale of Horizon Zero Dawn in the near future. Nintendo might actually be on track to have more impressive exclusives during the holiday season.

Not sure on dates, but Death Stranding, God Of War, Gran Turismo, The Last of Us Pt. 2 and Knack 2 are all exclusives for PS4.

They don't matter though, because they're trapped in a giant box in a living room.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I remember back in the Mega Drive days EA were largely a great publisher, but I don't even remember what the last EA published game I played was, other than FIFA.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield.

Say what you will, but they're important franchises.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well Mirrors Edge not so much

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Battlefield, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Titanfall, Mirror's Edge, Sim City, Star Wars: Battlefront. A fair range of games, really. They could maybe get a port of the original Mass Effect trilogy running on it, or even Mirror's Edge.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Battlefield, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Titanfall, Mirror's Edge, Sim City, Star Wars: Battlefront. A fair range of games, really. They could maybe get a port of the original Mass Effect trilogy running on it, or even Mirror's Edge.

No thank you. I think we're better off without EA

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah none of those franchises really scream at me. TF2 is supposed to be good but I'm not too bothered about it. Was ME:A actually good?

I have Dragon Age: Inquisition for PS4 but I don't think I've even taken it out of its shrinkwrap.

A lot of people blamed WiiU sales on lack of 3rd party support, which may be fair enough, but I never particularly missed CoD or Battlefield.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Was ME:A actually good?

Not really, no. It drops the ball on every interesting premise it had, which was no easy feat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

More people making games for the Switch is a good thing regardless of wether people here like them or not, especially when they're very popular EA properties.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would be extremely satisfied with some good last gen ports and TF2, which is also last gen port.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Titanfall 2 looks pretty amazing and is in no way a last gen game? :confused:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Some regional retro classics.

Hewson Consultants was a famous British computer games publisher back in the 80s, which published many renown games for the ZX Spectrum and C64 and other 8-bit machines of the era before folding with the rise of 16-bit computers. Now they've returned via Kickstarter, and true to their multiplatform ways, they're also bringing Hyper Sentinel to the Switch, which is basically the 8-bit era classic shmup Uridium put through today's retro gaming conventions. Old farts will probably feel at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsi3cJXz_5E

No announcements yet to a specific date of publishing, but it's probably sometime in the near future. You can download a three-level demo for other platforms in the Kickstarter page.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Titanfall 2 looks pretty amazing and is in no way a last gen game? :confused:

Team Fortress 2.

But yeah Titanfall 2 would also be rad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
So I was ready to jump into some goon games of NBA playgrounds and… It has no multiplayer?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

So I was ready to jump into some goon games of NBA playgrounds and… It has no multiplayer?

Somebody warned us earrings the thread that is going to ship without multiplayer but would be patched in "soon", whatever that means.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah there's no point for MP in a dead console.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah none of those franchises really scream at me. TF2 is supposed to be good but I'm not too bothered about it. Was ME:A actually good?

Depends on how big a mass effect fan you are, big fans of the series love it despite its flaws, sensible folk are avoiding it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Unless EA is bringing back the Strike games they can gently caress off

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

irlZaphod posted:

EA is a small independent publisher and they release almost no games, and nothing that could be considered franchises.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EA games typically do not really mesh well with Nintendo's audience. The only one on the list earlier that Nintendo fans would even possibly port beg for would be Mirrors Edge and possibly Star Wars, though they'd be now likely to beg for a remaster of the Rogue Squadron games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
EA published the best Megadrive game of all time: Jame Pond II Robocod

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

:yeah:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

parallelodad posted:

EA games typically do not really mesh well with Nintendo's audience. The only one on the list earlier that Nintendo fans would even possibly port beg for would be Mirrors Edge and possibly Star Wars, though they'd be now likely to beg for a remaster of the Rogue Squadron games.

I actually think a rerelease of Rogue Squadron/Leader's a non-starter in any form now, because it's not the "right" Star Wars. Big chunks of it are tied into the old Legends timeline.

So they should clearly make a new one instead! :shepface:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wheany posted:

EA is a small independent publisher and they release almost no games, and nothing that could be considered franchises.
Thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

Gorgolflox posted:

Unless EA is bringing back the Strike games they can gently caress off

VideoGames posted:

This is what I'm talking about. :getin:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 10, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

VideoGames posted:

Snes game, you mean

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The 3DS thread doesn't see a lot of action so I figured I'd ask here.

A few months back I had to sell my 3DS and my games for some emergency money. Wiped the thing clean and got rid of it. Today friend of mine said that he'd toss me his old one he doesn't need anymore so that's cool.

If I want to get all my licenses back so I can get my eshop games do I just need to call Nintendo? And if I get a N2DS down the road can I still transfer it over down the road? I'm not sure how this all works.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

VideoGames posted:

Real talk, I enjoyed James Pond 3 more than Super Mario World.

Granted I played one at launch and one a decade too late but man that was a great game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I beat a Nintendo of Australia employee at Mario Kart.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The 3DS thread doesn't see a lot of action so I figured I'd ask here.

A few months back I had to sell my 3DS and my games for some emergency money. Wiped the thing clean and got rid of it. Today friend of mine said that he'd toss me his old one he doesn't need anymore so that's cool.

If I want to get all my licenses back so I can get my eshop games do I just need to call Nintendo? And if I get a N2DS down the road can I still transfer it over down the road? I'm not sure how this all works.
Yeah, if you call Nintendo they should be able to transfer your eShop licences to your new 3DS. If you get a N2DS you can do a system transfer from that 3DS to the new system. You will need both systems and an internet connection to perform the transfer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Snes game, you mean

Ocean published it on SNES :c00l:
And Super Mario World was the best SNES game :hai:

Macarius Wrench posted:

Real talk, I enjoyed James Pond 3 more than Super Mario World.

Granted I played one at launch and one a decade too late but man that was a great game.

Heck yes James Pond 3 was a great sequel. I even liked the Aquatic Games :D

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
poo poo man the aquatic games, there was one really cool event in that where you basically do keepie ups.

Man I need to play me some James Pond again, never did play the 1st one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah, if you call Nintendo they should be able to transfer your eShop licences to your new 3DS. If you get a N2DS you can do a system transfer from that 3DS to the new system. You will need both systems and an internet connection to perform the transfer.

Cool, thanks. Wanted to make sure I'm doing this all right.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first one was Amiga/Atari ST only I think, unless it got much later ports, and was more a weird swimming around a maze thing than a platformer like the sequels.
E: apparently it did get a Megadrive port, I never knew...

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

hey, EA, bring back mutant league football on switch

preferably without loving it up

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

hey, EA, bring back mutant league football on switch

preferably without loving it up

:yeah:
I would also settle for Mutant League Hockey. That poo poo was my jam in 3rd grade.

I played some Mario Kart in portable mode yesterday. It still makes me feel like I have brain damage when I see a game looking that good on a portable system.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is The Sims an ea franchise? That's pretty big, especially with the casual crowd, could see it fitting on the switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Switch is probably hard to develop for as a "games as a service" platform. Probably the same reason Microsoft is barely publishing any games on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

VideoGames posted:

Ocean published it on SNES :c00l:
And Super Mario World was the best SNES game :hai:

I've been replaying it and SMW really is sublime. I'm now noticing all these little moments where they purposely gently caress with you and it makes me appreciate it even more.

• Locked thread