Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
There's no confirmation about anything so don't ask. We posted a picture from a security conference, nothing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hey anyone know when the new pangu jailbreak is being released

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Apple released a 10.3.2 beta

Not saying it has anything to do with the JB. You can speculate all you want

I'll probably just update to 10.3.1 anyways and cross my fingers, 10.1.1 jb is terribly unstable for me on ip7 and looks like it won't be getting any sort of update

I've been saving my SHSH2 blobs every time a new update is pending just in case. Though honestly I'm happy with the iOS9 jailbreak... it's really just the device stuck on iOS8 that I want to upgrade, but not to the current Yalu jailbreak.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The Yalu jailbreak is perfectly fine on non-iphone7 devices, though I don't think you can upgrade to 10.2 from iOS 8, but I've never really understood how the nonce/blobs thing works.

On my iPhone 6s+ it's stable. There's the occasional respring but I wager that's more to do with the crazy amount of tweaks I've installed than anything else. And with ex3ender from julioverne's repo it's effectively untethered - the app automatically resigns the Yalu app without any need for a computer. You jailbreak, download the IPA, download the app and you're essentially set. Works like a dream and I'm very happy with it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

People say they have no issues on ip7 but I'm using one tweak and get constant reboots and resprings :(

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
gently caress I'm gonna be on 9.3.3 forever. At some point app upgrades are going to stop. At least it's stable as hell.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
That's my worry as well. 9.3.3 is super stable on my ipad pro and iphone 6 and didnt update to 10.2.1 and i don't really want to risk 10.3.1 as im super happy with the current tweaks and how stable everything is.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Oh iPhone 7 is a mess on Yalu. But non-iphone7 devices are fine

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

spongeworthy posted:

gently caress I'm gonna be on 9.3.3 forever. At some point app upgrades are going to stop. At least it's stable as hell.

8.1.2 forever

Shame they haven't figured out how to spoof shsh blobs or the apple signing or whatever. I wonder what all is involved in that.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

spongeworthy posted:

I haven't run into any apps at all so far that don't run on IOS9...

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

The Yalu jailbreak is perfectly fine on non-iphone7 devices, though I don't think you can upgrade to 10.2 from iOS 8, but I've never really understood how the nonce/blobs thing works.

I've had people tell me it's possible, but I've not come across anyone who's actually done so yet.

But I'm hoping this Pangu jailbreak will make this a non-issue. If it's released within the signing window for 10.3.1, then I'll probably just do what I normally do: backup and restore and re-jailbreak.

The Iron Rose posted:

On my iPhone 6s+ it's stable. There's the occasional respring but I wager that's more to do with the crazy amount of tweaks I've installed than anything else. And with ex3ender from julioverne's repo it's effectively untethered - the app automatically resigns the Yalu app without any need for a computer. You jailbreak, download the IPA, download the app and you're essentially set. Works like a dream and I'm very happy with it.

Hmm. That may sway me to update if I can verify it's doable with an iOS 8.4 device.

Hamburlgar posted:

That's my worry as well. 9.3.3 is super stable on my ipad pro and iphone 6 and didnt update to 10.2.1 and i don't really want to risk 10.3.1 as im super happy with the current tweaks and how stable everything is.

Same. I'm not sure I'm going to bother updating to 10.3.1 on my 9.3.3 device. Depends on how smoothly the Pangu jailbreak winds up being, I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I am not sharing this as factual. I have no idea what the future holds. I have NO idea if its for anything but the ip7. This is likely just to create buzz and nothing more.

Pangu supposedly planning to release 10.3.1 jb tool according to a 3rd party

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/68ktj3/discussion_pangu_planning_to_release_ios_1031_jb/?st=J26HWYHY&sh=da60d2f6

Again, do with that what you will. They have delivered before

quote:

Fellow Chinese here too. Word for word translation of what IT字母君 said in his reply to PanguTeam:

If all things happen accordingly, then Apple should release iOS 10.3.2 to the public next week, but students (slang for followers of) looking to jailbreak should wait, because @PanguTeam is planning to release an iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak tool (codenamed Janus), the average person would expect this tool to be released after iOS 10.3.2 is released to the public. Of course, once again, if you're not on iOS 10.3.1 (implying if you are below iOS 10.3.1), you should probably not upgrade your firmware just in case this is an Oolong (slang for something being fake).

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 1, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
So my SE with 9.3.3 jailbroken on it died last night (dead battery) and when I charged it up again this morning, my Pangu app just automatically closes instead of allowing me to re-jailbreak. Nothing I do seems to fix it. I've tried restarting, force quitting, hard restart, and every time the Pangu app refuses to stay open.

At this point I might just update to 10.3.1 and hope for a new jailbreak, but if anyone has any ideas before I go that route I'm all ears.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Bill Barber posted:

So my SE with 9.3.3 jailbroken on it died last night (dead battery) and when I charged it up again this morning, my Pangu app just automatically closes instead of allowing me to re-jailbreak. Nothing I do seems to fix it. I've tried restarting, force quitting, hard restart, and every time the Pangu app refuses to stay open.

At this point I might just update to 10.3.1 and hope for a new jailbreak, but if anyone has any ideas before I go that route I'm all ears.

Your 1 year Pangu certificate is expired. You can go here using Safari to get your jailbreak back:

https://jbme.qwertyoruiop.com/

Edit: As an aside, the exploit that allows this to work through Safari is the dangerous kind that a malicious person could use to get control of your device. Definitely consider installing the tweak at the bottom of the page after jailbreaking that blocks this method in the future.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

bobfather posted:

Your 1 year Pangu certificate is expired. You can go here using Safari to get your jailbreak back:

Edit: As an aside, the exploit that allows this to work through Safari is the dangerous kind that a malicious person could use to get control of your device. Definitely consider installing the tweak at the bottom of the page after jailbreaking that blocks this method in the future.
Worked perfectly, thanks.

Honestly my main reason for jailbreaking on my current phone is simply for LittleBrother. I love the form factor of the SE but the resolution on it is so cramped and annoying. I'd probably end up just going and buying a new larger phone if I had to actually deal with that all the time.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

bobfather posted:

Ive been meaning to ask: you don't need the original certificate anymore after the website jailbreak, do you? I jailbroke using the website a while back, but kept the certificate just in case.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Nope, it's worthless.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I was just about to go delete the certificate, but it's not there anymore. The General>Device Management section with the trusted certificate is gone. I'm guessing when I used the website, maybe it deleted it? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

No reason not to get rid of the jailbreak app in any case, I presume.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ibntumart posted:

I was just about to go delete the certificate, but it's not there anymore. The General>Device Management section with the trusted certificate is gone. I'm guessing when I used the website, maybe it deleted it? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

No reason not to get rid of the jailbreak app in any case, I presume.
The certificate expires eventually.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I have been using yalu102 for quite while with no issues, then all of a sudden the other day I tried to use it and none of my jailbroken apps would open. When I went to open yalu102 and it said it is no longer available. I am on 10.2

I re-did the whole yalu thing and installed the newest version like 2 days ago and it worked but today I tried to launch a jailbroken app (iFile) and it immediately closed and sure enough I clicked yalu102 and it says it is not available?

What is happening? I thought it was supposed to "last" anywhere from a week to a year? Or is that unrelated to what is happening?

And I read guides on how to re-jailbreak after rebooting but they all say all I need to do is run the yalu102 app but it does not work for me.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 9, 2017

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
At the beginning, you're on 10.2. Use Cydia Impactor to install Yalu102 on your phone. Open the app, press GO, phone "resprings" and you're in a jailbroken state. If your phone reboots or powers off and turns back, it will be "stock" again (not jailbroken, and jailbreak based tweaks and apps will not work).

As long as your phone does not reboot, or loses all battery and shuts off, it will remain in a jailbroken state forever. One thing I've personally noticed is that sometimes my phone reboots overnight on its own accord. Nothing I can do about it. That might have happened to you, which is why you suddenly are no longer jailbroken!

Now, using Cydia Impactor will only allow Yalu102 be a "valid" app and work for one week. It will last a year only if you have a paid Apple Developer ID ($100/year). After a week, the app will no longer work and if you try to run it, it will open to a white screen then crash and you're back on your home screen. You will have to delete the app, and reinstall it again with Cydia Impactor.

That's what's happening to you right now. You've probably lost your jailbroken state after a week of having Yalu installed. Just reinstall it and run it and you'll be fine.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Note that you can use the ex3ender app then it will automatically resign the Yalu app and it'll be valid forever. So it's essentially an untethered app now.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Poala Bear posted:

At the beginning, you're on 10.2. Use Cydia Impactor to install Yalu102 on your phone. Open the app, press GO, phone "resprings" and you're in a jailbroken state. If your phone reboots or powers off and turns back, it will be "stock" again (not jailbroken, and jailbreak based tweaks and apps will not work).

As long as your phone does not reboot, or loses all battery and shuts off, it will remain in a jailbroken state forever. One thing I've personally noticed is that sometimes my phone reboots overnight on its own accord. Nothing I can do about it. That might have happened to you, which is why you suddenly are no longer jailbroken!

Now, using Cydia Impactor will only allow Yalu102 be a "valid" app and work for one week. It will last a year only if you have a paid Apple Developer ID ($100/year). After a week, the app will no longer work and if you try to run it, it will open to a white screen then crash and you're back on your home screen. You will have to delete the app, and reinstall it again with Cydia Impactor.

That's what's happening to you right now. You've probably lost your jailbroken state after a week of having Yalu installed. Just reinstall it and run it and you'll be fine.

Firstly, thank you so much.
Secondly, I must be going nuts. I could have sworn the jailbreak worked for like a month before this happened. It definitely lasted more than a week, which is why I guess I was so confused the past couple days. I honestly can't say why it happened but I can promise you it lasted way longer than a week. Maybe it stays jailbroken after a week and I just so happened to have not rebooted it in all that time?

The Iron Rose posted:

Note that you can use the ex3ender app then it will automatically resign the Yalu app and it'll be valid forever. So it's essentially an untethered app now.

THANK YOU!! I didn't see this mentioned anywhere on /r/jailbreak. You all are the best :h:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's ex3ender? Not seeing anything Googling and searching on Cydia.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Search for Cydia Extender on cydia. It's a bigboss app.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

You want to use the one from julioverne's repo. It's without any flaws and super easy to set up. You download the IPA to your phone, select it in the app and enter your email and password for resigning. Does it all automatically from there. Cydia extender is, apparently, not quite as good.

The reason nobody mentions ex3ender on the reddit jailbreak sub is because it's also on the same repo as a tweak that lets you download paid tweaks without payment. This is also why I'm not linking the repo here, but it's trivial to find just by searching julioverne's repo online.

FYI : the way resigning works is that you can only sign a custom app for a week with a free apple developer account. At the end of the week the application becomes unsigned, which means you can't launch it anymore. In order to resign you have to connect your phone to a computer and use impactor to put the signed app back on your phone.

However, once you use the Yalu app to enter a jailbroken state, your phone will stay that way until it's restarted. Which means if you don't turn off your phone for a month you'll stay jailbroken. The only issue is that when you reboot to a stock iOS state, if the Yalu app is no longer signed, you will need to resign it in order to enter a jailbroken state again. All the Yalu app does is put you in a jailbroken state and install cydia. You don't need it for anything once you're in a jailbroken state.

What julioverne's ex3ender does is automatically resign the app for you. You just need to set it up once and you never need to worry about it again. The ex3ender app will resign the Yalu app for you on its own without user intervention, so you'll never need to have a computer around if your phone restarts or loses power. This effectively turns the jailbreak into an untethered jailbreak, since you never need to have a computer around and can always relaunch the jailbreak from Yalu no matter how long it's been.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

The Iron Rose posted:

You want to use the one from julioverne's repo. It's without any flaws and super easy to set up. You download the IPA to your phone, select it in the app and enter your email and password for resigning. Does it all automatically from there. Cydia extender is, apparently, not quite as good.

The reason nobody mentions ex3ender on the reddit jailbreak sub is because it's also on the same repo as a tweak that lets you download paid tweaks without payment. This is also why I'm not linking the repo here, but it's trivial to find just by searching julioverne's repo online.

FYI : the way resigning works is that you can only sign a custom app for a week with a free apple developer account. At the end of the week the application becomes unsigned, which means you can't launch it anymore. In order to resign you have to connect your phone to a computer and use impactor to put the signed app back on your phone.

However, once you use the Yalu app to enter a jailbroken state, your phone will stay that way until it's restarted. Which means if you don't turn off your phone for a month you'll stay jailbroken. The only issue is that when you reboot to a stock iOS state, if the Yalu app is no longer signed, you will need to resign it in order to enter a jailbroken state again. All the Yalu app does is put you in a jailbroken state and install cydia. You don't need it for anything once you're in a jailbroken state.

What julioverne's ex3ender does is automatically resign the app for you. You just need to set it up once and you never need to worry about it again. The ex3ender app will resign the Yalu app for you on its own without user intervention, so you'll never need to have a computer around if your phone restarts or loses power. This effectively turns the jailbreak into an untethered jailbreak, since you never need to have a computer around and can always relaunch the jailbreak from Yalu no matter how long it's been.

Actually it has a major flaw. When it resigns Yalu automatically, it doesn't trust the resigned app automatically. So if you forget to trust Yalu any time it's reloaded, when your phone reboots you'll be poo poo out of luck for jail breaking yourself again.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

bobfather posted:

Actually it has a major flaw. When it resigns Yalu automatically, it doesn't trust the resigned app automatically. So if you forget to trust Yalu any time it's reloaded, when your phone reboots you'll be poo poo out of luck for jail breaking yourself again.

Permanently, or just until you reconnect to a computer and run impacter? i.e. are you in a worse position than not using it?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Red Oktober posted:

Permanently, or just until you reconnect to a computer and run impacter? i.e. are you in a worse position than not using it?

You're fine after you run Impactor.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thanks - this is the kind of stuff that gets me totally lost on the reddit.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Iron Rose posted:

I downloaded extender using the proper repo but I keep getting error provision cpp 81: Unable to find a team with the given team ID. Apparently one other person on the entirety of the Internet has had this issue and he or she never figured it out.

Did I read your post right? I am supposed to download an IPA? I just installed extender from the repo in Cydia and that was it. Was I supposed to do something else, too? I click on the yalu102 app in extender but that's when I get that error.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I downloaded extender using the proper repo but I keep getting error provision cpp 81: Unable to find a team with the given team ID. Apparently one other person on the entirety of the Internet has had this issue and he or she never figured it out.

Did I read your post right? I am supposed to download an IPA? I just installed extender from the repo in Cydia and that was it. Was I supposed to do something else, too? I click on the yalu102 app in extender but that's when I get that error.

Not sure about that error specifically, but yeah put yalu102.ipa into var/mobile/documents/ex3ender/autosign

Then just go into settings and everything's really self explanatory.

It can't resign using an IPA it doesn't have.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Iron Rose posted:

Not sure about that error specifically, but yeah put yalu102.ipa into var/mobile/documents/ex3ender/autosign

Then just go into settings and everything's really self explanatory.

It can't resign using an IPA it doesn't have.

Thanks, I tried that but it did not work.

For some reason I was able to fix it by getting a new team ID or something.

Now do I have to go into extender and do this every 6 days or does the app automatically open and do it for me?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Thanks, I tried that but it did not work.

For some reason I was able to fix it by getting a new team ID or something.

Now do I have to go into extender and do this every 6 days or does the app automatically open and do it for me?

If you've enabled auto sign in the settings and put in your Apple ID and password, yes.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Iron Rose posted:

If you've enabled auto sign in the settings and put in your Apple ID and password, yes.

I did not have that set. Thank you !

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I got an automated email from my employer (whose phone I've jailbroken) demanding that I update iOS past 9.3.3 or else they'll disable my phone's email access. Is there a safe way to spoof iOS version? I googled it and found random threads on Reddit talk about editing SystemVersion.plist, with vague warnings that it's not safe and will destabilize things.

Or should I just update and hope for a new jailbreak down the line?

Edit: Never mind, looks like Exchangent should do the trick.

Phlag fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 21, 2017

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Phlag posted:

I got an automated email from my employer (whose phone I've jailbroken) demanding that I update iOS past 9.3.3 or else they'll disable my phone's email access. Is there a safe way to spoof iOS version? I googled it and found random threads on Reddit talk about editing SystemVersion.plist, with vague warnings that it's not safe and will destabilize things.

It's not your phone. Update to what they tell you to and if you want a jailbroken phone get your own.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Phlag posted:

S

If your company is small, you might get away with spoofing.

If your company is larger, the sysadmin that finds your deception may ask for your head.

By the way, you realize that 9.3.3 Is susceptible to exploits like Pegasus, or worse? That is why they are encouraging you to update.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I'm aware of those risks. I'll take my chances. I like to live on the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Phlag posted:

I'm aware of those risks. I'll take my chances. I like to live on the edge.

It's not just your chances is the point we're making here. Your systems team will find out, and deliberately spoofing the update will not be a good look for you.

• Locked thread