Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

I laugh every time I remember that ESPN put the words "Weed Mouse" into an article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

exploded mummy posted:

Maybe they wanted to see if he went boating the night before

TOO SOON :mad:

Anyway,

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/862028066620624896

I had to turn it off like 30 seconds in because I was starting to get Sal Governale vibes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The Mets can't even get mic levels right.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I just glanced at that picture and I thought he was sitting behind a giant Mars bar

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

YeahTubaMike posted:

TOO SOON :mad:

Anyway,

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/862028066620624896

I had to turn it off like 30 seconds in because I was starting to get Sal Governale vibes.

He sounds like a robot where someone forgot to program one of the variables. "I'm sorry for [MY ACTIONS] and I'm responsible for [MY ACTIONS]..."

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Tony Phillips posted:

I laugh every time I remember that ESPN put the words "Weed Mouse" into an article.

Every single day an SA nick or Weird Twitter name is cited in serious journalism is a great day in serious journalism.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

How in the world did I miss this?

I knew it started here, I knew there were several goons trying to spread it through wiki vandalism re-writes and such. I never knew the story actually made espn.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Explosionface posted:

He sounds like a robot where someone forgot to program one of the variables. "I'm sorry for [MY ACTIONS] and I'm responsible for [MY ACTIONS]..."

Yeah, it reminded me of one of Sal's first draft apologies where he says "Unfortunately, I didn't represent myself properly on how I wanted to explain myself." By all accounts the apology he gave to the rest of the team was sincere, heartfelt, and articulate, which is all that really matters anyway.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

God bless you Weed Rat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grittybeard posted:

Baseball has had plenty of Johnny Manziels.

Here's where I plug Jon Bois's thing on Lonnie Smith again in case there's anyone left who hasn't seen it.

I hadn't seen it until just now and holy poo poo. I almost felt bad for Lonnie about 1991 until Jon Bois showed that slow motion replay where he clearly turns to look at Knobloch while JB continues to deny that he did.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember when the cubs were good at baseball

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Baseball has had plenty of Johnny Manziels.

Here's where I plug Jon Bois's thing on Lonnie Smith again in case there's anyone left who hasn't seen it.

Argh, rabbit hole

This one is pretty awesome too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6owc3O_gY

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I hadn't seen it until just now and holy poo poo. I almost felt bad for Lonnie about 1991 until Jon Bois showed that slow motion replay where he clearly turns to look at Knobloch while JB continues to deny that he did.

I'm still too pained by that Series to watch after game five. I hadn't seen the Lonnie Smith piece until today and I still couldn't watch that portion.

As far as I'm concerned, the real enemy is Kent Hrbek.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Is this the face of an ENEMY?

he looks friendly

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
*tapping side of head with finger* The Jays can't do a fire sale if all their players are on the DL.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm still too pained by that Series to watch after game five. I hadn't seen the Lonnie Smith piece until today and I still couldn't watch that portion.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Kent Hrbek

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress Kent Hrbek

And I hope he burns in hell!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kent Hrbek framed a black man for a crime he didn't commit.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm going to Cleveland later this month to see them play the Reds and the Royals. If you had asked me which of those opponents looked to be more competitive, my opinion now is a lot different from what it was when I bought the tickets.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hey guys. The Giants are bad.

BAD. They're bad. The worst team in baseball.

So bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tom Gorman posted:

Hey guys. The Giants are bad.

BAD. They're bad. The worst team in baseball.

So bad.

It's true and it saddens me greatly that they're going to sell everything that isn't nailed down in about a month.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

It's true and it saddens me greatly that they're going to sell everything that isn't nailed down in about a month.

Does that include Even Year Bullshit?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

what players you give a poo poo about will they sell though?

Pence, Posey, Crawford are all on good deals and have full no-trade clauses. Belt has a partial one. Bum is massively underpaid. They could trade Cueto but he's got an opt out this winter so it won't even be for much as he's just a rental.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I honestly didn't know pence had a no trade clause so we're good

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I could be wrong but I think that's was Drant Frisbee said in a column the other day explaining why the Giants won't sell much

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I said some bad words earlier about Ubaldo Jiménez but other than giving up an early dinger, he was nails. Lights out.

I’m extremely embarrassed. It’s completely my fault. I put myself in a bad place to be jawing about Ubaldo, and that is my responsibility. I take full blame for that.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I was looking up Harvey on BBref after all this talk about him and found his Most Similar Player at age 26 was this dude with a really awesome name:
Old Hoss Radbourn

Old Hoss has over 300 career wins despite only playing 11 years, and only winning 7 games one of those years.

One year he went 59-12 with a 1.38 era, he started 73 games and every game he started was a complete game, and he pitched 678.2 innings.

Baseball is cool and the olden days were wacky.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Nick Rivers posted:

I was looking up Harvey on BBref after all this talk about him and found his Most Similar Player at age 26 was this dude with a really awesome name:
Old Hoss Radbourn

Old Hoss has over 300 career wins despite only playing 11 years, and only winning 7 games one of those years.

One year he went 59-12 with a 1.38 era, he started 73 games and every game he started was a complete game, and he pitched 678.2 innings.

Baseball is cool and the olden days were wacky.

https://twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn/status/855549204495773697

The account runner is baseball's best kept secret.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 10, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

chris berman's wife killed in a car crash per nyp

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
With the Kluber-Carracco combo and that bullpen the Indians are going to be real hard to beat in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Here's an idea for the Pirates's management: Instead of bobbleheads and t-shirts give away plastic bags, so that fans can asphyxiate themselves instead of watching this horrendous team that the front office loving ruined.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

hahaha I had no idea this was a thing, this is wonderful

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i remember when the brewers went on a crazy like 50-10 tear to start the season and then turned to poo poo. this year they're just hovering around .500 and i honestly feel way better about that. it feels like genuine development and not a flash in the pan.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Abel Wingnut posted:

Terrible news.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Abel Wingnut posted:

quote:

Both vehicles were travelling in the same direction on a two-lane road when Kathy Berman's car struck the rear of Bertulis' SUV, and both veered off the road, according to the police account of the crash.

So she drove in to other car's backbackbackbackbackback gone. :smith:

The guy she hit died too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cis autodrag posted:

i remember when the brewers went on a crazy like 50-10 tear to start the season and then turned to poo poo. this year they're just hovering around .500 and i honestly feel way better about that. it feels like genuine development and not a flash in the pan.

Same. General consensus from what I've seen talking to people outside of here (small sample, yadda yadda): the expectation is to do better than last year, with the high end being a 500 season by the end. Playoffs would be nice, but if we don't make it it's fine.

At least the front office has been completely upfront about it being a rebuild. I greatly appreciate that rather than be stupidly optimistic in hopes of getting more ticket sales.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

So she drove in to other car's backbackbackbackbackback gone. :smith:

The guy she hit died too.

Do they know why she hit him? Like did he brake suddenly because of something on the road and she couldn't stop in time or?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iospace posted:

Same. General consensus from what I've seen talking to people outside of here (small sample, yadda yadda): the expectation is to do better than last year, with the high end being a 500 season by the end. Playoffs would be nice, but if we don't make it it's fine.

At least the front office has been completely upfront about it being a rebuild. I greatly appreciate that rather than be stupidly optimistic in hopes of getting more ticket sales.

Yeah, a month like this under Doug Melvin would have had him selling everything out for a couple pieces to try a playoff run. It's way better to just see them putting out Arcia and Broxton every day and letting them figure things out. Broxton especially has really turned around in the last couple weeks, and Arcia does crazy defensive work on the regular.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

iospace posted:

Do they know why she hit him? Like did he brake suddenly because of something on the road and she couldn't stop in time or?

I got the details from here. It's hard not to be at fault when you're the one rear-ending someone, but the other guy was 87 years old and not wearing a seatbelt, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did something stupid to cause it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

Here's an idea for the Pirates's management: Instead of bobbleheads and t-shirts give away plastic bags, so that fans can asphyxiate themselves instead of watching this horrendous team that the front office loving ruined.

I, too, remember the front office directing Starling Marte to use performance-enhancing drugs, and Jung-Ho Kang to drunk drive a ton and also maybe rape a lady, and dipping Jameson Taillon's cups in radioactive waste, and also they used the talent-sucking basketball from Space Jam on Andrew McCutchen, and they keep telling Gregory Polanco that if he ever shows too many signs of reaching his gargantuan potential they'll shoot a dog in front of him

• Locked thread