Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm that smug motherfucker who's gonna be first in the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Klaus88 posted:

Nixon always wins! Arooo! :nixon:

https://twitter.com/NixonLibrary/status/862083605081862145

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

"Comey was also a bumbler. He repeatedly failed to pursue chances to end incidences of Islamic terrorism. He granted Hillary’s aides immunity unnecessarily and allowed evidence to be destroyed. He didn’t investigate Obama's scandals. He was, after all, appointed by Obama.
Let’s hope Trump continues to drain the swamp. Firing Comey is a good first step."

Yes, Comey could have "ended incidences of Islamic terrorism" but chose not to. All he had to do was say those 3 magic words.

RADICAL

ISLAMIC

BALLS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This is like the 10th consecutive time big news has happened and Garrison just apes whatever the reaction is at t_d.

Good on him for making sure he makes his base readership happy, I guess.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

"Comey was also a bumbler. He repeatedly failed to pursue chances to end incidences of Islamic terrorism. He granted Hillary’s aides immunity unnecessarily and allowed evidence to be destroyed. He didn’t investigate Obama's scandals. He was, after all, appointed by Obama.
Let’s hope Trump continues to drain the swamp. Firing Comey is a good first step."

It strikes me that this paragraph matches up pretty well with the last couple panels of Rall's Ebert cartoon

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
"First Step" ...over 100 days into the presidency. Real People's Champion you got there, Ben.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

From the Laugh at Trump thread

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Except Trump is a teetotaler.

(don't get me wrong, it's funny)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

D.N. Nation posted:

Its actually talking about how Trump actually has a button he can press to get a butler to deliver him a Coca Cola.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/27/donald_trump_has_coke_button_in_the_oval_office.html

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

those are supposed to be coke cans

EDIT: Beaten, and in more detail

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

TheFlyingLlama posted:

those are supposed to be coke cans

EDIT: Beaten, and in more detail

Where's the trademark dynamic ribbon? :colbert:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Starshark posted:

Where's the trademark dynamic ribbon? :colbert:

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company/the-coca-cola-company-terms-of-use

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Its actually talking about how Trump actually has a button he can press to get a butler to deliver him a Coca Cola.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/27/donald_trump_has_coke_button_in_the_oval_office.html

I stand corrected!

Liking Coca-Cola is far too normal for Trump; I would've figured he'd have some specific grody brand he preferred. Like RC.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

I stand corrected!

Liking Coca-Cola is far too normal for Trump; I would've figured he'd have some specific grody brand he preferred. Like RC.

RC is for poors :rolleye:

Trump only uses the most popular brand of everything because he (a) has no taste and (b) is obsessed with brand visibility in general. Uses Coke to wash down McDs burgers, etc. If he drank beer it'd be Bud, because they are the best-known brand and therefore the best beer

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

D.N. Nation posted:

I stand corrected!

RC is just fine :colbert:

Trump's all about Mr. Pibb.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Drone posted:

RC is just fine :colbert:

Trump's all about Mr. Pibb.

Known Mr Pibb for years, tremendous doctor, great American unbelievable *burp*

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I changed my mind, Trump is actually really, really big on TAB.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Drone posted:

lol sugarfree soda

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/257552283850653696

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fulchrum posted:

And the author didn't see anything wrong with literal blood libel against a jewish guy?

Strong av/post combo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Did it occur to Garrison that the pit trap in the office is a cliché of the comically incompetent villain boss? I mean, obviously it's AGC but still.

Drone posted:

There's a joke to make about alt-right and alt-tab...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Did it occur to Garrison that the pit trap in the office is a cliché of the comically incompetent villain boss? I mean, obviously it's AGC but still.
Garrison is like those neonazis who only ever watch the first half of American History X, except with Bond movies.

But anyway, the main thing is

Cat Mattress posted:

Did it occur to Garrison
No

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Is he really? I don't know why I didn't know that. When was the last time we had a teetotaler President?

e: ostensibly George W., apparently

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Comey had no right to decide Clinton’s guilt or innocence. That should have been left to the courts. The evidence against Hillary was overwhelming, and she still needs to be locked up.

So the FBI director has no right to decide Clinton's guilt or innocence, but political cartoonists do. Got it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Is he really? I don't know why I didn't know that. When was the last time we had a teetotaler President?

e: ostensibly George W., apparently

Biden was too. (Both Trump and Joe don't drink because of alcoholism in the family.)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only others on the list of teetotaler Presidents I can see are Rutherferd B. Hayes and Abraham Lincoln (although Biden is as well).

e: beaten on Biden

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can't think of any other leader whose judgment might be improved by drinking

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

D.N. Nation posted:

Biden was too. (Both Trump and Joe don't drink because of alcoholism in the family.)

Wasn't it also because someone in his immediate family died from an accident where they were DUI?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va71a7pLvy8

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Lincoln didn't drink?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lincoln didn't drink?

I just pulled my information from Wikipedia's list of teetotalers, so take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly. That one surprised me, if only because Lincoln's style seems like it would require some social drinking.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Lincoln didn't drink?
He literally ran a saloon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Here's some more info on it. It seems like he probably wasn't, really, but had to balance himself on the issue because temperance was A Thing at the time: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/13/honest-abe-wasn-t-honest-about-drinking-lincoln-s-alcohol-fueled-diplomacy.html

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Xander77 posted:

He literally ran a saloon.

That's, uh, quite an av :stare:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
The Bronx Freedom Fund, a charitable organization that helps people accused of misdemeanors who can't afford bail, got Eleanor Davis to illustrate interviews with three of their clients

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Does 'slipped on my mother's palm' mean something specific or is it poetry? Never saw that phrase before.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Angular Cyrus posted:

The Bronx Freedom Fund, a charitable organization that helps people accused of misdemeanors who can't afford bail, got Eleanor Davis to illustrate interviews with three of their clients

What shut up I'm not crying, it's dusty in here.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Given that I suspect Winston Churchill's state was permanently sloshed, I'd be suspect of him if he was sober (and if I was ever alive in the '40s)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

loquacius posted:

That's, uh, quite an av :stare:
Someone finally got tired of "on ignore immediately". It's good to develop your creativity.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The takes are gonna be hot today. Who will draw the best horrific Trump-Nixon hybrid?

Branco once again meets his old nemesis, Spelling and Punctuation.

Even with the Trump's latest scandal being labeled, pre-hooked, and trapped in a fishbowl, the Dems are powerless to do anything about it. An unlikely Varvel cartoon.

A car movie happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

We do?

• Locked thread