Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psvr is in good shape in a market with very questionable future.

Sony made enough units upfront that they all sold, and trickles out a few every once in a while but never enough that they sit on shelves.

They likely covered their r&d costs and built an install base big enough that any vr experience will have to treat them as the lead platform

The rub however is that vr experiences may very well stop coming out since the hype is drying up.

Like i said, they are in a good position to either walk away from vr or be its leader depending on how the market moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
PSVR is cool. Crapping your pants playing horror games is cool.

Switch is cool.

Xbox is dorks lame.

I might buy a 2DS XL.

Thanks for reading.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
vr is dead, give me the vc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The 2DSXL will be finally be able to natively read my pirate amiibos but I won't be able to pirate any games on it, so what's the point. I will only play games if I can steal them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man that thing will probably be cracked pretty fast.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
NO! Do not steal amiibo, do not steal video games. Please... please

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My amiibos are made of paper

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If they crack the 2DS XL I'll buy one

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

parallelodad posted:

Not even Gunpei Yokoi thought that. He was like "This product needs a few years" and Nintendo was like "Nah we're releasing it this year. Hey this thing was a failure!" Then he was like "I resign in disgrace* then he invented the Wonderswan, and then he died.

He retired of his own volition, you dip

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

ghostwritingduck posted:

Wait. Hear me out. Imagine a more powerful PS4 pro that plays Forza, Halo and Gears at a higher resolution than the Xbox One. The only trade off is no Sony exclusives and it'll cost more when it comes out!*

*What Sony exclusives are left for the second half of this year? They had an incredible Spring, but I'm not aware of anything coming on the scale of Horizon Zero Dawn in the near future. Nintendo might actually be on track to have more impressive exclusives during the holiday season.

gran turismo sport, ni no kuni 2, shenmue 3, yakuza kiwami

im sure theres other stuff but thats just off the top of my head

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What do ya want I put an asterisk there.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Stux posted:

Gran Turismo Sport will make for some great trailers and replay videos, but it's going to disappoint a lot of people looking for GT7. That's if Kaz stops obsessing over the stitching patterns on the shifter boots and puts a release date on it. It's one of the few (the only?) PS4 exclusives MS actually has successfully countered.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Stux posted:

Sounds like a lot of anime.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Gran Turismo, the most anime of games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tbh asking what games a system has coming out later in the year a month before E3 happens is really dumb regardless of the system.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they announce Animal Crossing for the Switch. Also Switch Fit. And I hope Switch Fit comes with custom Joycons that are shaped like kettlebells and weigh 20 pounds

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

Was nnk2 2017 i forgot they gave a date.

Shenmue probably needs to have an e3 appearance

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

irlZaphod posted:

What do EA make/publish these days other than Sports games?

I remember back in the Mega Drive days EA were largely a great publisher, but I don't even remember what the last EA published game I played was, other than FIFA.

EA currently has more acquired and closed studios than they have active IPs.

Dizz posted:

No thank you. I think we're better off without EA

:hfive:

Haven't bought an EA game since ME3, and I don't regret it one bit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TheScott2K posted:

Nobody thought that, not even 10 year old me, who was dumb.

Seriously. 11 year old me knew that it was DOA. I opted to just rent it from Blockbuster for 3 days and I was good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah well 11 year old me bought Jack Bros which now can go for over $100!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So Vanquish is being released in two weeks on Steam, maybe there's a chance for a Switch port?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Norns posted:

Granime Turismo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
As we already know, RiME is coming to the Switch later than on other platforms for a higher price. Well, good news! The digital version will be cheaper.

Grey Box posted:

Back in March, we announced that the Nintendo Switch version of RiME was going to be released at $39.99 / €44.99 / £39.99. The reason for the higher price was due to the additional development, manufacturing, and publishing costs involved with that port.While some were understanding of these go-to-market costs, there were still a number of folks who weren't happy. We totally understand: nobody wants to pay higher prices.

At Grey Box, we are determined to provide a fair deal for everyone around. And so we discussed how we could do that, without simply selling at a loss, all while also being fair to our retail partners. So, here's what we're doing.

First off, the digital version of RiME on Nintendo Switch will now cost $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99, the same price as the game on other platforms. So, that’s straightforward enough.

On the physical side, we can’t lower the price without selling at a loss, but we can add more value to the package. And that’s what we’re doing. For the Nintendo Switch version of RiME, all physical copies will include a printed code for a download of the complete, beautiful soundtrack by David García (a sample of which you can find here). You will be able to download the music via Bandcamp in one of the multiple high-quality formats. The soundtrack is planned on being sold separately for $10 in the US (and equivalent prices elsewhere), and so the value you’re going to get out of this will be the same as somebody who purchased a different version of RiME, and then bought the soundtrack.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 10, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'll be darned.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

As we already know, RiME is coming to the Switch later than on other platforms for a higher price. Well, good news! The digital version will be cheaper.

Lol not even a keychain

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rexroom posted:

Thanks, but I'll pay the $2 more for the physical release tax after 20% off.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol not even a keychain

$10 soundtrack or $10 keychain... hmmm...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A cd is basically a keychain if you tie a string through the hole

s.i.r.e. posted:

So Vanquish is being released in two weeks on Steam, maybe there's a chance for a Switch port?

Probably not

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why not a musical keychain?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I dunno, I'd say it's not entirely impossible. Nintendo did spring for Platinum's big passion project before Neir Automata, after all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dunno, I'd say it's not entirely impossible. Nintendo did spring for Platinum's big passion project before Neir Automata, after all.

I've waited for stuff to get ported to nintendo my whole life and look how bitter i am. Turn back son, just enjoy the stuff they announce.

Pc is the speculators platform

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Norns posted:

Gran Turismo β ~Infinite Dissonance Upon The Schrödinger's Equazziata~

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are there any nice joycon grip things that add bulk but also don't have to be detached when snapped onto the console?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm getting a Switch within the next couple weeks. What accessories do I need? Is there a recommended case or screen protector for it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

I've waited for stuff to get ported to nintendo my whole life and look how bitter i am. Turn back son, just enjoy the stuff they announce.

Pc is the speculators platform

I still have my X360 copy, so no worries there :v:. I'm kinda curious to see if both Bayonettas might get a port at some point though, just to get some easy sales out of the many, many, people who didn't buy a WiiU.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Thanks, but I'll pay the $2 more for the physical release tax after 20% off.

Yeah, pretty much this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feenix posted:

Are there any nice joycon grip things that add bulk but also don't have to be detached when snapped onto the console?

The Mario Kart 8 wheels are pretty great and 2 for $15

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Morby posted:

I'm getting a Switch within the next couple weeks. What accessories do I need? Is there a recommended case or screen protector for it?

Screen protector is kind of overrated if you are careful with your devices, I had one lying around since release and only just installed it. The glass one is really nice looking and looks just as good as the actual screen. Case is going to be useful if you plan on taking it out of the house. If you are going to dock it take it to the bathroom take it to bed, not so much.

Pro Controller is nice, but joy con in each hand resting comfortable on each leg is really nice too. I'd go with a Pro over a second joy con set though so you have options solo and so do your guests.

Don't get a charge grip, if it's like the one that came with the console it makes the most uncomfortable controller ever conceived and where I think all the joycon hate comes from.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

The Mario Kart 8 wheels are pretty great and 2 for $15

How on earth does that even remotely fit the bill of "not have to be detached when the joycons are snapped onto the console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feenix posted:

How on earth does that even remotely fit the bill of "not have to be detached when the joycons are snapped onto the console?

I thought you meant detached in the sense of it being hard to do like with the strap.

• Locked thread