Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kind of looks like a shoe docked in an electrical shoe docking station
Would look fine in other colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
3ON3S

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

holy poo poo.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

some folks at marketing must've misinterpreted lots of feedback saying "they look sick"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
looking at this poo poo is giving me a migraine

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

straight up brolic posted:

3ZER0 might be the worst shoe name

It's a good name as a set up for his next shoe.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Matt Bonner's New Balances are better shoes than anything UA has out out for their superstar.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/862302655409868801

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Brought to my attention via Metapod:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/862302655409868801

e: lol

e2: and a link to the kid's actual store: https://www.mosbowsmemphis.com/Store_Categories.aspx

Kibner fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 10, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Curry's shoes like they were made by some poo poo algorithm. That or they polled a bunch a jerk off in silicon valley asking what colours were the most profound thought leaders

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How did a 15 year old start a company capable of negotiating logo/brand usage with the NBA?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How did a 15 year old start a company capable of negotiating logo/brand usage with the NBA?

He started the company when he was 9 or 10. lol

He was also featured on Shark Tank and has been involved with PR events for the NBA before, since he is a huge Grizzlies fan.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The dude went on sharktank and instead of a deal he got a mentorship with one of the buyers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
the ceo of fubu

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

how is a 15 year old better at this than lavar ball

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bow ties are a war crime.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Bow ties are a war crime.

Delet this

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

On one hand, Tucker Carlson

On the other, ???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm not saying there isn't a time and place for bow ties, but I feel comfortable saying the vast majority of times someone is wearing a bow tie they are an rear end in a top hat.

Like, at least be wearing a tuxedo and not some button up short-sleeved denim shirt with your orange shorts.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

bow ties are good because they let you know who to avoid at conferences

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm not saying there isn't a time and place for bow ties, but I feel comfortable saying the vast majority of times someone is wearing a bow tie they are an rear end in a top hat.

Like, at least be wearing a tuxedo and not some button up short-sleeved denim shirt with your orange shorts.

The 11th Doctor and me are the exception. Bow ties are cool.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

how is a 15 year old better at this than lavar ball

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bow ties are a sign that you want to be seen as hip and different only after a sizable number of other people start doing it.

Or you are a 60+ year old man that wears tweed suits to go to the grocery store and still remember the days when flying was an occasion.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
smh at y'all applying the rules as if everyone is a doofy white guy

black dudes kill in bow ties, white guys have to have everything on point to wear a bow tie but it can look good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bow Ties can be dope. But yeah. most people wearing them look like goobers and can't pull it off.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

the march towards Leap Year William continues, inexorably

Brolander fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 10, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

Bow Ties can be dope. But yeah. most people wearing them look like goobers and can't pull it off.

Similarly, I can't pull off wearing a flat-brim and/or stiff crown hat. Which is a shame, because they tend to have the coolest designs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I associate bow ties with the NBA because of Ernie Johnson

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WhyteRyce posted:

Bow ties are a sign that you want to be seen as hip and different only after a sizable number of other people start doing it.

Or you are a 60+ year old man that wears tweed suits to go to the grocery store and still remember the days when flying was an occasion.

*shakes cane in the air* Get off my lawn, sonny!!!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

He looks like he's Taft's secretary of state

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's almost impossible for a person aged 17-40 to wear a bow tie and not make a :haw: face during a picture

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ammanas posted:

smh at y'all applying the rules as if everyone is a doofy white guy

black dudes kill in bow ties, white guys have to have everything on point to wear a bow tie but it can look good

evidence of black dudes killing in bow ties: ernie johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPRvizGSME

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Like others have said most fashion rules can be broken once you become an old.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kanye West and the NBA dress code took """"""Urban"""""" dressing out of the maternity t-shirt phase and that's something to be endlessly thankful for, even if it lead to a lot entry level top to bottom this season runway looks and embarrassing vests

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

EJ doesnt look particularly good in a bow tie, but he doesn't look particularly good in anything. Skinny bald old is not a good look for anyone

Cool dude though

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

ahh that kills me every time. how's your credit ernie.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.