Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Definitely not buying it after they took content that was in PCars and removed it to save for PCars 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yep. gently caress project cars 2.

I got so frustrated trying to tune in the first one. Could never tell if it was a bad FFB setting or car. Half the cars camber adjustments did jack poo poo on.

Generally try to separate a creator from their work, but Ian kinda seems like a massive shitbag.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jordan 191 for AC is very good.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Phuzun posted:

Why would you care about a sketch book of real cars? Just put pictures of the real cars in there. Do they even use artists for the models or just spend the day at a dealership (or factory) doing a 3d scan.

Was just thinking that exact thing. It's not a JRPG, guys. You don't need an art book. Maybe something more car-culture centric, like a made-up magazine on sim racing or something could be fun, but that would require actual creativity.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Was just thinking that exact thing. It's not a JRPG, guys. You don't need an art book. Maybe something more car-culture centric, like a made-up magazine on sim racing or something could be fun, but that would require actual creativity.

You don't need a made up sim racing magazine because someone tried that for some reason.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Project cars is one of the worst Sims ever made and gently caress it's bootlickers

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

dentist toy box posted:

Project cars is one of the worst Sims ever made and gently caress it's bootlickers

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
more like pee cars

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
ps. in far superior game news, does anyone feel like kicking the iRacing league off again?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah I've been in the mood for weeks now

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Norns posted:

Jordan 191 for AC is very good.

Also the Mini Challenge, if you can enjoy small FWD cup cars.

Edit: Just wanted to drop a link here, but apparently it's gone from RD. Guess the model was ripped?

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 10, 2017

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

dentist toy box posted:

I don't get this attitude though. It's pretty good now, and has a decent career path, the ffb and physics stuff has all been worked out, has an excellent track selection, and is far and away the best looking of all of the pc sims. I guess what it doesn't have is a car and track modding community, and that seems to be the only area in which it is lacking.

I finally got ahold of automobilista and it's bland looking, all of the mods are rfactor conversions, and it suffers from the typical "realism=difficult to drive" thing that all the hardcore sims have. Plus it has a lack of road cars. I have way more fun with pcars than with ams.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 10, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The driving part of pcars is pretty good. The driving is fun, and the scenery looks nice.

Everything else is pretty bad though and that's pretty much a deal breaker in this day and age. Or it was.. I actually haven't fired the game up in quite some time so maybe they made things better.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I really don't find any of the current sims more difficult to drive than any other, it's pretty much down to the difficulty of - and my personal experience with - an individual car. AMS just has some very difficult cars, like the SuperV8 and most of the F1 cars. If anything I found pCars more difficult in general because the FFB didn't give me the information I need. I guess some of the older iRacing cars still suffer from breaking away too sudden, but other than that I think the driving is becoming pretty comparable among the current gen.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
What I dont understand is that initially pCars had at least SOME fictional ovals and stuff and now has ZERO. Just one please? Faytona Superspeedway or something please.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Guess what will be in pcars 2? :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they hadn't paid me to play Project Cars, I'd be a bit pissed off. They used money given to them to make content for PCars and used it to make PCars 2 content.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Gozinbulx posted:

What I dont understand is that initially pCars had at least SOME fictional ovals and stuff and now has ZERO. Just one please? Faytona Superspeedway or something please.

It's clearly still coming - I mean they wouldn't announce it on their official website and not release it, surely?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Automobilista is great. It's like rFactor 1 learning from all its mistakes. Any goon races?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Not really, we used to run it before iRacing Gooncar on Sunday nights but people lost interest eventually. It's less learning from mistakes though and more just pushing the engine further, the stuff Reiza have been able to make that engine do which it was never meant to do is amazing. There are bits of it that have struggled because of the engine though, like the Formula Extreme is one of those cars they've never been happy with and has seen a million physics reworks. Now they're working on an actual hybrid model though the version in the beta is finally getting to a point where it's drivable.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Figures goons race in the only sim that requires monthly payments and is almost entirely undriveable with a gamepad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dude I hate to break it to you but you're probably not going to be very competitive in a PC sim with a pad. Especially iRacing.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I tried hosting AC and AMS for a while and came to the conclusion that we don't have enough people here to fill races with sufficient player numbers. You need either 20 hardcore dedicated players or 100 of the more casual type to get 16 cars in a field regularly.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Norns posted:

Dude I hate to break it to you but you're probably not going to be very competitive in a PC sim with a pad. Especially iRacing.

Understood but it's all I got right now and I'm having alot of fun in AMS with it.

Also to be clear, I DO have a wheel, its just that my current living arrangement does not allow me to put it anywhere. Sucks.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i know that feel bro

at least assetto corsa and dirt rally are very forgiving

but i find myself playing rocket league more and more now while waiting for a real forza game to hit pc

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Horizon 3 got a patch for the wheel support this week, any impressions?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GhostDog posted:

Horizon 3 got a patch for the wheel support this week, any impressions?

I think they just added more wheels. My thrustmaster feels the same. And they didn't enable support for multiple input devices so my thrustmaster shifter still doesn't work.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GhostDog posted:

I tried hosting AC and AMS for a while and came to the conclusion that we don't have enough people here to fill races with sufficient player numbers. You need either 20 hardcore dedicated players or 100 of the more casual type to get 16 cars in a field regularly.

I thought they were pretty fun even with 5-10 people. :shrug:

pCars gets way more hate than it deserves. Sure it had/has its problems but there's plenty of good stuff too. I like that it looks awesome (especially in VR), it has a day/night cycle and fog/rain/storms, it has lots of fun cars and tracks, and peer to peer multiplayer is great when you just want to mess around with a friend and not have to find a suitable server or set one up yourself. It's not the game I go to when I want a serious race but I've played it more than anything else. pC2 is gonna be good.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord
AC will get Toyota Celica ST185 :swoon:

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1915188928507416

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Eyud posted:

I thought they were pretty fun even with 5-10 people. :shrug:

pCars gets way more hate than it deserves. Sure it had/has its problems but there's plenty of good stuff too. I like that it looks awesome (especially in VR), it has a day/night cycle and fog/rain/storms, it has lots of fun cars and tracks, and peer to peer multiplayer is great when you just want to mess around with a friend and not have to find a suitable server or set one up yourself. It's not the game I go to when I want a serious race but I've played it more than anything else. pC2 is gonna be good.

If you ever want to do some pcars racing I'm interested. I'm gutbomb303 on steam. It's the one I've got the most time in as well (or dirt rally, they are pretty close in hours played)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Would a been a great pack for Le Mans to be with

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GutBomb posted:

If you ever want to do some pcars racing I'm interested. I'm gutbomb303 on steam. It's the one I've got the most time in as well (or dirt rally, they are pretty close in hours played)

Cool, I'll add you. I haven't been doing any sim racing recently but eventually I'll get back into it.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Just started racing Blancpain Sprint iRacing. What's the deal with these people? They drive like maniacs!

Was doing the night race around Motegi and the dude behind me seemed to be equal in pace and was around 0.8s behind for several laps. Despite this he kept flashing his lights constantly and dive bombed up pretty much every corner, eventually taking me out of the race.

It sucks because I like GT3 and it seems to be the best series to race in if you play at weird times like me when not many people are racing.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
iRacing GT3 has some absolutely terrible driving in many cases. Sometimes it's got good racing, but often it's terrible because the cars are pretty easy to drive. It just turns into dive-bomb fests and moves of poor judgment.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GT3 cars are cool, fast and easy to drive so they attract the worst of the iRacing user base which is most of the iRacing user base.

That's an interesting car list and if it's a cheap pack I might get it just for the TT Cup car since that's huge fun in RaceRoom, though if they were going to bring in yet another Lotus I'd rather it be the GT4 spec of the new Evora. Though as always it rages me that AC has all the endurance racing cars but has no support for endurance racing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GT3 is bad

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
You see, all the f1 cars in iracing are semi-difficult,so all the sennas go to gt3.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kamel GT is good even if every fuckwad drives the Nissan.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Norns posted:

Kamel GT is good even if every fuckwad drives the Nissan.

If they forced a ratio of at least 1.5 Audis per Nissan, Kamel would be the best series in iRacing easily. But they don't, and it's miserable to race in the Audi with no competition and a bunch of super lovely GTP drivers. That's why we all left the series.

E: autocorrect

The Science Goy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

The Science Goy posted:

If they forced a rational of at least 1.5 Audis per Nissan, Kamel would be the best series in iRacing easily. But they don't, and it's miserable to race in the Audi with no competition and a bunch of super lovely GTP drivers. That's why we all left the series.