Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

I Before E posted:

How... accurate was the Will Smith costume?

Not very. However, that same year, I portrayed Crispus Attucks in a play about the Boston Massacre, and a student suggested painting me in blackface, a prospect which the teacher earnestly considered and dismissed due to the effort involved. I was also supposed to have my lifeless body dragged offstage, but I was too fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Timby posted:

Please tell me more about how Aliens was groundbreaking.

I can't tell if this post was sarcastic or not but here we go: John D'Amico put it best when he said that Aliens is the only space marine script, and every other one is a rearrangement of Aliens. Contrary to what SMG said earlier, it really is an iconic script with lots of great little lines and character moments. The character archetypes Aliens uses has also become a go-to for action films, including the Vasquez character. The pacing and structure of the action scenes, along with how they're shot and edited, changed the landscape for how it's done. Look at Doom, self-described by id as "Aliens meets Evil Dead 2," and Jurassic World, which features two action scenes ripped straight from Aliens, and Starcraft, and you start to get a sense of just how wide-reaching Aliens' influence is.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

i think I did what I always do when I go off my meds, which is feel like I'm in a good place and have done sufficient "work on myself" that I don't need the meds anymore. I've just always had a hard time swallowing that it's bio-chemical issue and not an ontological one that can be overcome with enough meditation and behavior modification. :(

I'm seeing a counselor for ADHD problems right now, and I'm impressed how much a behavioral approach has helped, but it's definitely not enough, and they're stepping me up to medications now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Anonymous Robot posted:

Not very. However, that same year, I portrayed Crispus Attucks in a play about the Boston Massacre, and a student suggested painting me in blackface, a prospect which the teacher earnestly considered and dismissed due to the effort involved. I was also supposed to have my lifeless body dragged offstage, but I was too fat.

There is no way that's a real name

Like it's too fake to even be a real fictional name

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Look at this dummy who doesn't know about Crispus Attucks

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Did they not teach you about the Boston Massacre when you were in school?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FishBulb posted:

Are you loving retarded dude

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean clearly they didn't but I still don't believe ya, way too fake. Stop it.

Edit: I had honestly never heard of that guy. Sorry to offend you all with my ignorance. On the other hand I don't honestly believe that it's a "fake name" that was just supposed to be a funny response to a rad as hell name.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 10, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did Will Smith give Hitler any poo poo? It's probably realistic.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Did Will Smith give Hitler any poo poo? It's probably realistic.

Also which Will Smith? I want to see Bad Boys Will Smith socking Hitler.

BLUE POWER, MOTHERFUCKER, MIAMI PD

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I Before E posted:

Also which Will Smith? I want to see Bad Boys Will Smith socking Hitler.

BLUE POWER, MOTHERFUCKER, MIAMI PD

Best movies where nazis/kkk get hosed up?
-Bad Boys II
-Green Room
-Raiders/Last Crusade
-The Blues Brothers
-Fury

What else?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I vaguely remember the KKK getting hosed up in Django Unchained, but I can't remember the degree.

There's an upcoming movie or documentary about the Superman radio show writer who infiltrated the KKK for a story that hosed up the KKK in real life.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

corn in the bible posted:

Are you loving retarded dude

What the gently caress is your damage

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Magic Hate Ball posted:

What the gently caress is your damage

Yeah. That's a horrible term.

Nazis getting hosed up? Um, a little QT pic you might have heard of called Inglourious Basterds?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZSH-9-D1k

YTOTD: 1990 U.S. Army Training Film Techniques of Crime Scene Processing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I vaguely remember the KKK getting hosed up in Django Unchained, but I can't remember the degree.

They get murked by dynamite.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
sub-YTotD is this rap video single off the sole album produced by Chilly Tee a.k.a. Travis Knight, lead animator for Laika and writer/director of Kubo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y14dDzGPFbs

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

K. Waste posted:

sub-YTotD is this rap video single off the sole album produced by Chilly Tee a.k.a. Travis Knight, lead animator for Laika and writer/director of Kubo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y14dDzGPFbs

A Tribe Called Crest

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The Hitman's Bodyguard looks fun as heck tbh

therattle posted:

Yeah. That's a horrible term.

Nazis getting hosed up? Um, a little QT pic you might have heard of called Inglourious Basterds?

Oh poo poo how could I forget. Brad Pitt really hates Natzis.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Since this thread is the only place anywhere anyone cares about Dredd

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Since this thread is the only place anywhere anyone cares about Dredd

"Ensemble drama" this does not look promising

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
🤷🏻‍♀️

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Current cinema plans for Friday:
King Arthur
*10 minute break* (longer if I skip trailers)
The Lost City of Z

Too much Charlie Hunman for one day?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Technically it wasn't KKK because they were founded after the civil war and Django Unchained takes place before the war started.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Best movies where nazis/kkk get hosed up?
-Bad Boys II
-Green Room
-Raiders/Last Crusade
-The Blues Brothers
-Fury

What else?

Romper Stomper

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Come and See, always a crowd pleaser.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Dogville, sort of

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/DJCPI/status/862365136945905664

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I Before E posted:

"Ensemble drama" this does not look promising

A Dredd TV show should 1) mostly focus on Dredd and 2) be funny, so I'm a bit worried they're going full Prestige TV with it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man the Comey thing is confusing and hosed even for Trump. I mean on the one hand it's hosed to be able to fire someone that was heading an investigation of you. On the other hand Comey was only considered by the left to be a threat to Trump when he got fired yesterday and up until then hr was a Trump stooge that shouldn't have been heading the investigation especially given his announcement about the Clinton emails that some think (but probably didn't actually) win Trump the election. In fact the reason sited for his firing was his handling of the Clinton case which would be fine if Trump hadn't spent the last year up until like a week ago praising Comey, specifically mentioning his handling of Clinton and the emails multiple times. It's a situation where nobody is being genuine in how they feel and something hosed is going on but it's hard to even determine exactly what through all the absurdly blatant lies and postering

God...it hasn't even been six months.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

They get murked by dynamite.

Also their own hoods in the funniest scene in the movie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Man the Comey thing is confusing and hosed even for Trump. I mean on the one hand it's hosed to be able to fire someone that was heading an investigation of you. On the other hand Comey was only considered by the left to be a threat to Trump when he got fired yesterday and up until then hr was a Trump stooge that shouldn't have been heading the investigation especially given his announcement about the Clinton emails that some think (but probably didn't actually) win Trump the election. In fact the reason sited for his firing was his handling of the Clinton case which would be fine if Trump hadn't spent the last year up until like a week ago praising Comey, specifically mentioning his handling of Clinton and the emails multiple times. It's a situation where nobody is being genuine in how they feel and something hosed is going on but it's hard to even determine exactly what through all the absurdly blatant lies and postering

God...it hasn't even been six months.

It seems clear that Comey was sniffing too close to Trump's people with the Russia investigation (especially since McConnell is now saying that it would be pointless to appoint a special prosecutor) and Trump decided to get rid of him.

Comey's already been invited to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee next week, so if he accepts, that could be ... well, something.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just don't know how clear that is because that is the opposite if the narrative the left has been trying to push for months now and I'm not really comfortable pretending that isn't the case.

I can see what your saying easily being true but I'm right now I'm not willing to make even safe assumption without actual facts to back them up. Believing things just because they feel right is partially how we got in this mess to begin with

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is beautiful.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Comey was getting too close to the truth, or Trump was upset at how damaging just the publicity of the Russia investigation is to him, or both.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Thing is I was fairly sure- and to a certain extent and still inclined to think- that Russia tried to influence the election but it wasn't a grand master plan. It was just "Okay, let's help leak some bad info on the candidate we don't like", and they were probably as surprised as anyone that Trump won.

So now they've got an administration that is very friendly to them, but I'm not sure they really planned on doing anything with this, and Trump is so freaking mercurial at times they can't count on him to do any one thing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Safety Factor posted:

This is beautiful.

What the gently caress.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Pretty sure most of these flat earth posts are false flags to discredit the movement.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kazaam star Shaq is a Flat-Earther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

This is beautiful.

I don't think I can think of a comment that could actually add to this so I'll just go with this might as well be an empty quote, white noise post

• Locked thread