Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Morby posted:

Also FFXII, Uncharted DLC, and who knows what's announced at E3?

Oh god, I forgot FF12 :smithicide:
That's easily a 120 hour game for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sefal posted:

Oh god, I forgot FF12 :smithicide:
That's easily a 120 hour game for me.

The collectors edition is tempting as gently caress, too. The statues of the judges look really cool, but it's a Squenix store exclusive and also $200.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Hooray! Maybe it'll be at Red Box

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Morby posted:

The collectors edition is tempting as gently caress, too. The statues of the judges look really cool, but it's a Squenix store exclusive and also $200.

Please don't enable the Squenix Store by giving them money.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
For anyone looking for a new controller to use:

Hadn't seen it mentioned here before. Recently I've been looking for an alternative to a scuf controller (bought one for Christmas and one of the paddles is already messed up, out of warranty unfortunately) and those official ps4 controllers don't look too be coming stateside anytime soon.

I read about the Cronusmax Plus online and gave it a shot since the reviews seemed good.

What it is is a USB passthrough that you connect any controller you want to the other side. Could be a 360 controller, you can even plug a Bluetooth usb stick into it and use a Wii U pro controller.

Bought an Xbox one elite controller to go with it and it works amazing. Also drat it is a nice controller.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
When does the "Road to E3" thread usually pop up?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

boz posted:

For anyone looking for a new controller to use:

Looks like that setup costs about $210 overall? Is that right?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

AutomaticPrince posted:

When does the "Road to E3" thread usually pop up?

Quest For Glory II posted:

the e3 thread will be ready to go as soon as ubisoft and nintendo say when they're doing their thing which i'm assuming will be sometime this week

three of the conferences are on the weekend this year and for some reason the really boring PC Gaming Show is going to be at noon rather than late at night where it belongs as a sleep aid

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad the conferences are at the weekend because I forgot and booked my traditional June holiday a week earlier than usual.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Round of "need opinions about XXX game". There's a big digital sale and a few ones look cool but I'd love to hear something more about them:

-Sky Force Anniversary: I liked Jamestown enough on PC and I couldn't mind getting a 2d bullet hell thing if it isn't ball crushingly hard, is it any good? It doesn't say a thing about couch co-op on the store.
-Carmageddon Max Damage: How good/bad is it on PS4? I backed reincarnation on PC back in the days and got burned, I still have to try Max Damage on PC yet so my hand wasn't burnt enough I guess...
-Mother Russia Bleeds: As a Streets of Rage and Final Fight fan, how good is this one?

Any other recommendation? (EU deals of course)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I adored Carmageddon on PC. This PS4 version is hot garbage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really liked Sky Force Anniversary. It's one of those rare phone games that keeps the good assists by having a satisfying progression system but the rest just feels made for consoles without the pinch of it Benning a former f2p. It is drat hard at times but never even close to bullet hell

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm thinking of finally putting down the money and buying myself a PS4. I heard there is now three types: standard, slim, and pro. My main concern is I heard that the later, Pro, was somehow superior to the others.

I have the means to afford any of the three. My question is simply which of the three is worth it? Is it worth paying the higher price on Pro, especially since I did not buy the lower end prior models? Or should I just buy the original because Pro is a load of bollocks and just as good?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Covok posted:

I'm thinking of finally putting down the money and buying myself a PS4. I heard there is now three types: standard, slim, and pro. My main concern is I heard that the later, Pro, was somehow superior to the others.

I have the means to afford any of the three. My question is simply which of the three is worth it? Is it worth paying the higher price on Pro, especially since I did not buy the lower end prior models? Or should I just buy the original because Pro is a load of bollocks and just as good?

Pro, upgraded hardware. 4k output. Better framerates if you are rocking 1080.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Covok posted:

Pro is superior, yes. It is basically a PS4.5 and can run games better than the other versions (barring rare cases where the improvements cause bugs.) There is no reason not to buy a Pro over the others if money is not an issue.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

It's popular enough to get a retail release but it's still more of a stand-alone DLC type deal, and is priced lower accordingly.

Does the retail version include UC4? Because if not it costs more than the base game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you have a 4K TV or are likely to get one soon, the Pro is the only choice (not just because it will look better, but because you clearly have that kind of money to throw around).

If not, the Pro will look somewhat better than the Slim, it's a judgement call whether that's worth the extra cost. I haven't used a Pro but lots of people say it is.

The original I don't think is available any more, unless you get a used one or a game bundle. It's also bigger, louder, and has worse wifi than the Slim which has otherwise identical specs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Pro is great and I'd recommend it if you have the money. Otherwise, the Slim is just fine. The Pro isn't a huge leap in hardware or anything. It more or less irons out the wrinkles of the standard PS4.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Alright, threw in my order on Amazon for a Pro 1TB. Picked up Bloodborne and Until Dawn while I was at it. Thought I should finally touch those exclusives that piqued my interest before.

Thanks for the help.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Covok posted:

Alright, threw in my order on Amazon for a Pro 1TB. Picked up Bloodborne and Until Dawn while I was at it. Thought I should finally touch those exclusives that piqued my interest before.

Thanks for the help.

make sure you pick up Horizon

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

Definitely do this. Absolutely stunning on the PS Pro.

Covok
May 27, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

Horizon? The open world game with the robots and the archer? Did that turn out well? Didn't hear much about it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Covok posted:

Horizon? The open world game with the robots and the archer? Did that turn out well? Didn't hear much about it.

Definitely one of the best games this year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

I haven't played it but after about a month of goons assuring everyone it was gonna be terrible, upon release it seemed to quickly become a goon favorite, rivaling even the much loved Zelda that came out at pretty much the same time.

I'm sure in a year everyone will hate it but for now the goon buzz has been overwhelming good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Covok posted:

Its very good and one of the reason I even got a PS4 recently, and well worth it. Starts a little slow and kind of ho-humish until you get to the big city and can buy the good purple weapons, so don't be too discouraged until then (and just bum rush it) but then it gets real good and picks up fast.

Also get Yakuza 0, and I hear Persona 5 is real good.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Mother Russia bleeds is an awesome name for a beat em up game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played Mother Russia Bleeds that much but it is very basic and very hard beat em up. It's fun but your move set is very basic and doesn't really have any RPG elements that more modern takes on the genre have so it seems the basic moveset you start with is what you have. As I said, I haven't played it much yet because the person I play beat em ups with had been having hand problems, so maybe that changes but from what I've seen it's fun but will probably be a little too repetitive for most because it doesn't contain a lot of the things the genre does to mix things up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Covok posted:

Horizon was the fastest selling new IP for a PS4 game ever and is mega popular.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

Also get Yakuza 0, and I hear Persona 5 is real good.

Also get NieR: Automata. Probably subjectively the best game I've played in a decade.

If you have it on PC already, buy it on PS4 also because Yoko Taro deserves the money.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Morby posted:

I adored Carmageddon on PC. This PS4 version is hot garbage.

drat, how come? performance or is it stripped down in some way?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This has seriously been the best year for gaming in many years and it isn't even half over yet.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Horizon really is an incredible game, it plays well, it's a new ip, the robotic enemies are something a bit new, its utterly gorgeous, it's long, it really is as close to a 10/10 as I've played in a good while.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon is amazing, it's a huge world to explore.

Nier is more of an acquired taste, it's not something I'd recommend unless you're sure you're into that sort of thing already.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

drat, how come? performance or is it stripped down in some way?

It's very stripped down and kinda grindy in order to unlock cars and game modes. The controls are really unresponsive. The graphics are awful. I'd forgive all that if the game were still fun, but it's not. I felt like I was fighting the controls half the time, the maps that are available when you first get the game are really unappealing to me.

I paid $35 and I felt like I paid way too much for it. It was a massive disappointment to me because I loved the original game so much. If you have a PC capable of playing it, get the game there. The developers seem to be supporting that version better (but I also haven't checked recently).

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fix posted:

Looks like that setup costs about $210 overall? Is that right?

If you buy it all outright. GameStop actually sells the Cronusmax so if you have some extra crap lying around to trade it isn't so bad.

boz fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 10, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

If you like Souls or Ninja Giaden, get Nioh, its really good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

If you like Souls or Ninja Giaden, get Nioh, its really good.

I'm working on the DS3 Plat at the moment but a friend gave me Nioh and I can't WAIT to play it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm working on the DS3 Plat at the moment but a friend gave me Nioh and I can't WAIT to play it.

Just platted DS3 an hour ago, took about 50 hours longer than I would've anticipated from the end of NG. Any trophy linked to covenant progress is a total loving slog. Good luck, goon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Just platted DS3 an hour ago, took about 50 hours longer than I would've anticipated from the end of NG. Any trophy linked to covenant progress is a total loving slog. Good luck, goon.

Hahaha I've actually posted in the DS3 thread looking for people to help me farm the covenant items.

I managed to get the human dregs easy enough but the drop rates for the Vertebrae shackles are ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The covenant items are the worst. I think I just have to finish NG++ for the platinum myself, like just to get the last ending and a couple of +2 rings or something.

The place with the big dragon fight was pretty good for farming covenant poo poo though when I was playing a couple months back. Half the time that black knight that spawns by the campfire will do the work for you.