Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, but kid or grown up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
He evolves into a second Goku at max rank.

Grown up. Also my two Gokus can fuse together.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 10, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

Since I still can't stop thinking about how I'd make a Persona tabletop RPG: if you had a Persona, what would yours be? What would your Arcana be? Assume you don't have the Wild Card.

(My current idea for the Persona tabletop thing is that nobody has the Wild Card and character creation involves designing your own Persona. Eventually your Persona evolves. Fusion in a tabletop RPG would just be hell so I'm just gonna avoid that completely.)

If you're a goon you default to Mara.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Also my two Gokus can fuse together.

As is tradition.

ROFL Octopus posted:

:negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ROFL Octopus posted:

Or you're finally that poor bastard who has Slime as your Persona.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Yeah but what is GOKU's Persona huh? A monkey? so Ryuji's ultimate awakening is Goku duh. He even has the yellow spiky hair. Checkmate.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real talk, if I awoke to a Persona and it was just a regular, low-level Jack Frost I'd be pretty happy because Jack Frost is cool and good

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I would've thought the default goon Persona would've been Belphegor. :v:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

default goon persona is mara, but slime form

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I would've thought the default goon Persona would've been Belphegor. :v:

Checks out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is it legal to marry a persona cause I may want to change my answer to Judge Zelenin.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

Is it legal to marry a persona cause I may want to change my answer to Judge Zelenin.

You're stuck with Pillar Zelenin

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Harrow posted:

Checks out

I still love that they gave this fucker Concentrate. :allears:

Edit: Ahahaha he gets it at 44, which makes him the earliest Persona to get Concentrate!

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 10, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i want my persona to be like yaksini or scathach or somethin. hua po is cool too

freshlybaked posted:

You're stuck with Pillar Zelenin

this is fine

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyI-Lr5O_pg

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Firebert posted:

Haru can also grow carrots in like 3 days at max rank so I'm pretty sure she's just buying this stuff from the grocer and thowing dirt over it.

Haru is actually a botanist who survived by murdering everyone from Space Station 13

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Moltrey posted:

this is fine

Pillar or Judge, she's not gonna put out

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Moltrey posted:

this is fine

aiyaiyai

zero_vectra
Apr 14, 2015

Harrow posted:

Since I still can't stop thinking about how I'd make a Persona tabletop RPG: if you had a Persona, what would yours be? What would your Arcana be? Assume you don't have the Wild Card.

(My current idea for the Persona tabletop thing is that nobody has the Wild Card and character creation involves designing your own Persona. Eventually your Persona evolves. Fusion in a tabletop RPG would just be hell so I'm just gonna avoid that completely.)

Someone actually already made a Persona tabletop system if you didn't know. It's based on Fate iirc.

http://web.mit.edu/turzaak/Public/tabletop/Persona/Persona_4e.pdf

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sniping with a shotgun is even better

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does it matter which character you send for that bit or are they all successful?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Does it matter which character you send for that bit or are they all successful?

If someone can accurately hit a single glass pane with a grenade launcher, I think whoever goes up there's gonna be alright.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I sent Goro because I figured I'd give him time to call his goddamn cop cronies while he waited.

Very good, actually.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

LuiCypher posted:

Haru is actually a botanist who survived by murdering everyone from Space Station 13

My persona is Officer Beepsky

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ChaosArgate posted:

If someone can accurately hit a single glass pane with a grenade launcher, I think whoever goes up there's gonna be alright.

I sent Ann so...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saint Freak posted:

I sent Ann so...

Sniping with a tommy gun is pretty pro

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
If we are talking famous literary characters then my Persona is the Duck Hunt Dog :laugh:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Haru's the kind of girl I'd want to smooch after helping her bury her fiance in the middle of the woods.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Harrow posted:

I played in a homebrew persona-inspired tabletop RPG like a decade ago (it was when P3 was the most recent one). The bits I remember were that personas were replaced by masks, which were found as loot. Everybody had the wild card, and you could choose who got each new mask.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Wait, everyone works perfectly fine in the sniping segment for the Sae fight? Given the very first fight with that kind of mechanic had at least one character who is likely to fail the segment, you'd think they would have done that for all of them.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Lord Koth posted:

Wait, everyone works perfectly fine in the sniping segment for the Sae fight? Given the very first fight with that kind of mechanic had at least one character who is likely to fail the segment, you'd think they would have done that for all of them.

Huh?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think Kamoshida's is the only one you can fail (by sending Ann). If you send the same person to the ballista twice in a row it'll take longer, but still go off.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I played in a homebrew persona-inspired tabletop RPG like a decade ago (it was when P3 was the most recent one). The bits I remember were that personas were replaced by masks, which were found as loot. Everybody had the wild card, and you could choose who got each new mask.

Hm, that's kinda cool. Basically Personas as collectible classes with in-battle class switching?

The masks would work well with a Phantom Thieves theme going on, too.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly seems like a wasted mechanic then, because why bother giving you a choice if it doesn't matter? Like Morgana should probably fail the ballista segment, and some grouping of Ryuji/Ann/Haru should probably fail the sniping segment.

Like you don't want to have too many be poor choices for obvious reasons, but just having one or two would still leave at least one member in your party capable of doing the segment and thus prevent a potential unavoidable fail state. Morgana being too small to really use the ballista, or such precision weapons as a shotgun (though he could be usings slugs), an SMG the user is incapable of accurately firing, or a grenade launcher (which even aside from the accuracy issues would also cause an explosion which might make it a little hard to see cracked glass) being bad at a sniping segment would make a decent amount of sense.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kaneshiro's is especially pointless since just hitting him a lot works just as well for free

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly seems like a wasted mechanic then, because why bother giving you a choice if it doesn't matter? Like Morgana should probably fail the ballista segment, and some grouping of Ryuji/Ann/Haru should probably fail the sniping segment.

Because it would be awful if you couldn't choose which person that you lose for a few rounds. Imagine if you were reliant on heals from Morgana in the first palace and were forced to send him away without a choice.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Which character you send matters a lot, though? You have to be able to adapt your strategy around them being absent for several turns.

Also I would call bullshit if the character who naturally learns One Shot Kill was somehow the wrong choice for the sniping mission.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't the only one you can lose is the very first one with Kameshiro if you use Ann?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
POST YOUR RANKINGS

Dungeon Rankings - Aesthetics
1 - Futaba
2 - Mementos Depths
3 - Madarame
4 - Sae
5 - Shiro
6 - Kaneshiro
7 - Okumura
8 - Kamoshita

Dungeon Rankings - Mechanics
1 - Futaba
2 - Mementos Depths
3 - Kamoshita
4 - Madarame
5 - Okumura
6 - Sae
7 - Shido
8 - Kaneshiro

Social Links - Party
1 - Makoto
2 - Futaba
3 - Ryuji
4 - Ann
5 - Yusuke
6 - Haru

Social Links - Non-Party (My rankings)
1 - Sojiro
2 - Iwai
3 - Kawakami
4 - Takemi
5 - Yoshida
6 - Ohya
7 - Hifumi
8 - Chihaya
9 - Mishima
10 - Shinya

Social Links - Non-Party (My wife's rankings)
1 - Iwai
2 - Sojiro
3 - Ohya
4 - Kawakami
5 - Takemi
6 - Yoshida
7 - Chihaya
8 - Hifumi
9 - Mishima
10 - Shinya

I used the 100% social link FAQ on my first play through since my wife was watching along and wanted to be able to see everything. Thus, I included her rankings of characters as well. We mostly had a similar assessment but slight variations. I didn't include any automatic ranking characters. For party members, we had the exact same assessment.

• Locked thread