Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kurtofan posted:

truly the real reapers were ea all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rip

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/862391527389179905

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the quarians died on the way to andromeda

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it is canon forever now

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i must go now, andromeda needs me

*Note: bioware montreal died on the way back to andromeda*

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
All those DLC hooks!!!! Lost like tears in the rain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:toot: No more Mass Effect yayyy!!! :toot:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

e: until EA farms out production to a competent studio

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I get not liking games in the franchise, but I don't really get actively hoping it dies instead of hoping the quality improves.

I also don't think it's permanently dead, but I'm not shocked that the series is going away for a while after Andromeda. I wonder if they do DLC for this or just cut their losses?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
From reading the actual report.

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

It sounds more like Montreal is being downgraded to where it was(and probably should remain) at as a support studio. And they are being rolled into whatever that Destinylike they are making.

The Mass Effect franchise is probably not dead forever, but it's just not going straight into production on the next one.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

MEA is developed by bitch rear end idiots

Not true, some of the artists did a really good job.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Nichael posted:

I get not liking games in the franchise, but I don't really get actively hoping it dies instead of hoping the quality improves.

I actively like the first two games, and the third has it's moments for me.

I actively do not want the current iteration of Bioware to touch the property because - as shown - they will only gently caress it up.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

You did it, Casey Hudson... you did it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nichael posted:

Excuse me it's not cool to have middle ground.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Excuse me it's not cool to have middle ground.

But I have these headphones with the logo of my company on them. I'm the coolest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

it's been posted a couple of times as a joke but with the weak reviews coming in i'm wondering what the over/under on EA actually liquidating bioware is if the sales don't meet expectations

i would think that they'd still have enough clout in the industry that EA would keep them around, but on the other hand as the comic shows EA's got quite a reputation for taking old yeller out back

*tugs collar nervously*

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Letting a support studio head up such a notable IP as Mass Effect to begin with was a mistake, as was letting Mac Walters anywhere near it, and now they have to pay for that.

Back to grunt work for BW Montreal, and Mass Effect put on hold until one of the main Bioware studios, probably Edmonton, can get to it after their mystery IP, and probably after DA4 as well.

It's entirely reasonable and completely unsurprising.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lt. Danger posted:

Mac Walters was the real 4th ending.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nichael posted:

I made a dark bargain where I would be granted eternal posting so long as Mass Effect games kept getting made. Little did I know it would doom me to an eternity of posting about Mass Effect and the ending to ME3. With the series finally, mercifully dead... my soul can be set free.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm not happy about no more mass effect but it looks like we were already never getting another mass effect game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm not happy about no more mass effect but it looks like we were already never getting another mass effect game.

ME:A is like a shoddy russian knock-off.

Looks like that was the last patch we'll see of ME:A :laugh:
It was pretty impressive how quickly Bioware shot all their decent Mass Effect good will right in the taint. Even with the ending of 3, people were still excited by ME:A.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They said they're already working on the next one, no idea how that'll turn out

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

AngryBooch posted:

andrometa

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Daztek posted:

They said they're already working on the next one, no idea how that'll turn out

The next patch will have Lady Gaga's meat gown as an outfit for deluxe owners.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
legit kinda bummed

how do you go from ME2 to... this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

And you broke bois laughed at those who bought the deluxe edition.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Proud Broke Bois versus EA's Fuk Bois. :colbert:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

still :lol:ing

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Aww. I was kind of looking forward to the DLC. :(

Even DragonAge 2 got DLC.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Game so bad devs got demoted, some of them probably fired

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Snuffman posted:

Aww. I was kind of looking forward to the DLC. :(

Even DragonAge 2 got DLC.

yeah but DA2 was *swallows own vomit* a better game

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Moola posted:

honest question, what the gently caress was there to like about the main character and rebel spy man?

They were likeable, identifiable people and I felt a lot more sympathy for them than for Rey Skywalker and Black Solo or Han Vader

Moola posted:

K2SO was good though

Yeah the bot was the main character, who did people think I was talking about

What awful person would make it so you couldn't have a Threebee

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JawKnee posted:

e: until EA farms out production to a competent studio

This basically. It's clear the release quality wasn't great since the bugs became memes.

Makes sense to build a new team for the usual EA game churner outer machine. And that requires getting rid of the old one.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

ashpanash posted:

That's not a trait, that's a description. It's like saying "That character has a scar - what a great trait!"

On an unrelated subject, let's talk about how krogans are the best race in Mass Effect.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's real amazing and not only that a dude is claiming RLM is bagging on them for not having new at-ats lmao. No it's because it's a pointless, miserable story.

RLM's criticism was fair and justified, but the half-dozen videos they've done since then that are nothing but "OH BOY STAR DESTROYERRRS :rolleyes:" are getting a little tedious.

Lt. Danger posted:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Moola posted:

legit kinda bummed

how do you go from ME2 to... this

loving hell bioware(/EA)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In the earnings call EA said that there's a lot more updates and content coming to Andromeda, though.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Rinkles posted:

In the earnings call EA said that there's a lot more updates and content coming to Andromeda, though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

They were likeable, identifiable people and I felt a lot more sympathy for them than for Rey Skywalker and Black Solo or Han Vader

god drat your thick as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I would forgive them for doing an ME4 on Earth, zombifying Shepard once more and pretending like MEA didn't happen

In fact, I would encourage it