Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

duz posted:

We do?

Sure...

Define "poor" and "truly needy"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
well except for those fridge owning millionaires

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Ted Rall works for goddamn Sputnik News, a reminder.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Says the Russian stooge who works for Russia Today.

Edit - Or Sputnik or whatever the Russian gently caress.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Welfare doesn't cover heart surgery, Mike

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on foxhunting and the general election – Theresa May has said she will hold a free vote on overturning the foxhunting ban in England and Wales if she is returned as prime minister"

Independent:

Corbyn says Labour will transform Britain as he launches election campaign

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on...the Labour Party campaign launch

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, Mike, the missus can get stitches from the ER whenever you punch her in the face, but it's not like she can get chemo there.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Yeah don't see a problem with this.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on...the Labour Party campaign launch

Mac's really going all-out with this new pro-Corbyn stance of his.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

duz posted:

We do?

Yeah, the Truly Needy! You know, defense contractors.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

AGC.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

you'er fired

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

McDragon posted:

you'er fired

Better than "your're," I guess.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Anyone else hate it when Rall drops 'cuz' into a speech bubble? On top of hating Rall?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Office Pig posted:

Anyone else hate it when Rall drops 'cuz' into a speech bubble? On top of hating Rall?

I do, it's a symptom of him writing everyone like himself. He only rarely uses actual quotes, and combined with his awful caricatures it makes his cartoons much harder to parse than they need to be.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Branco is such a dumbfuck it would be cute if he also wasn't a hateful prick.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Sandpuppy posted:

Even with the Trump's latest scandal being labeled, pre-hooked, and trapped in a fishbowl, the Dems are powerless to do anything about it. An unlikely Varvel cartoon.
Is this supposed to be pro or anti Trump?
:drat:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pretend you know nothing about Ted Rall. Is there anything in this cartoon that can help you tell him apart from the Republican hacks?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lord Hydronium posted:

Pretend you know nothing about Ted Rall. Is there anything in this cartoon that can help you tell him apart from the Republican hacks?

Very often Rall is no different.

Never forget that Rall made "Trump doesn't seem so bad" comics, he's an idiot and indifferent to the suffering of others as long as his ego is getting stroked.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guys I think I'm going to kill Mike Lester

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Streak posted:

Just cripple him, so he gets denied for having a preexisting condition.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel like every single british cartoon for the past couple of weeks has been the exact same one where Corbyn looks confused and communist and everyone else looks mean and about to kill him but no jokes or statements are actually made.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

That's because since Corbyn was elected that's been the standard anti Labour talking point. The only change was during the leadership elections where Corbyn was depicted as a control freak attacking anyone not a sycophant. With the exception of the Morning Star, Guardian and Mirror virtually every other newspaper is controlled by right wing billionaires with connections to the Tory party.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Streak posted:

C'mon, it's not cool to post like that.

Without linking to your GoFundMe.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Liberty U. invited Bernie Sanders to speak in September 2015, gotta give credit it's due
I wouldn't classify Bernie Sanders as the left's version of Milo or Ann Coulter though, which is where these campus demonstrations come into play.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Johnny Walker posted:

I wouldn't classify Bernie Sanders as the left's version of Milo or Ann Coulter though, which is where these campus demonstrations come into play.

Yeah if you really want a Leftist equivalent to Milo you'd need to dig up someone from Earth Liberation Front, and if there's a college out there that thinks a little arson against a few SUVs is just the price to pay for the free and open exchange of all ideas I haven't heard of it

(I can't name any of the people currently involved in Ecoterrorism these days, and I call myself an environmentalist, shame on me:v:)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah if you really want a Leftist equivalent to Milo you'd need to dig up someone from Earth Liberation Front, and if there's a college out there that thinks a little arson against a few SUVs is just the price to pay for the free and open exchange of all ideas I haven't heard of it

(I can't name any of the people currently involved in Ecoterrorism these days, and I call myself an environmentalist, shame on me:v:)

The ALF is still pretty violent and prolific. Universities and researchers tend to not publicize attacks, infiltrations, or bombings, though.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Opiods"

Chip Bok posted:

NYT headline April 27: Trump Tax Plan Would Shift Trillions From U.S. Coffers to the Richest

NPR April 17: “…around 45% pay no federal income tax”
Guest writer: Mitt Romney

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Turtlicious posted:

The last time I dealt with a Homonculus, I had to travel through time, then got run over by a drunk driver.

Pages and pages back, but I just want to say this thread never fails to deliver "holy poo poo, someone else remembers that" moments.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I'm the "DRUGS are COOL" pin

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will commend Ramirez for once in his life drawing a competent visual metaphor, though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm the reasonable instructions for taking painkillers.

cheetah7071 posted:

I will commend Ramirez for once in his life drawing a competent visual metaphor, though.

I am afraid I have a touch of the stupids, as I didn't even realize this was an anti-marijuana toon.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

cheetah7071 posted:

Would wear that

cheetah7071 posted:

It took me way too long to notice it, even with the "Gateway" hint

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sandpuppy posted:

Even with the Trump's latest scandal being labeled, pre-hooked, and trapped in a fishbowl, the Dems are powerless to do anything about it. An unlikely Varvel cartoon.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Lord Hydronium posted:

most conservative hacks have more talent?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Democrats of then are the Republicans of now.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Internet Webguy posted:

We all died in the Susan Rice unmasking bombshell.

this aged well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

...What?

• Locked thread