Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i think my first one was in 1999 with the HG 1/144 heavy arms custom. i twisted the parts out of the runners and used nail clippers to snip off the nubs. good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Guy Goodbody posted:

If they really are doing a movie or OVA, I don't think a MG G-Self is out of the question

Probably the only chance it has really got, though I've heard nothing that makes the movie sound like a for-sure done deal yet.

e: fresh rumor based on a throwaway comment by Mikazuki Augus' VA is that IBO is getting some sort of movie treatment too, so there's your MG maybe.

e2: i have no idea why Bandai/Sunrise would want to double dip some movies based on shows that utterly poo poo the bed ratings-wise, but maybe that's why I don't make the big bucks.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 10, 2017

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Bimmi posted:

Probably the only chance it has really got, though I've heard nothing that makes the movie sound like a for-sure done deal yet.

e: fresh rumor based on a throwaway comment by Mikazuki Augus' VA is that IBO is getting some sort of movie treatment too, so there's your MG maybe.

e2: i have no idea why Bandai/Sunrise would want to double dip some movies based on shows that utterly poo poo the bed ratings-wise, but maybe that's why I don't make the big bucks.

I thought IBO had good ratings. Not zaku amazing but still good. On the other hand I got nothing to explain G reco and any continuation via film or tv.

First kit talk: I started in middle School with the first Mg Mk2. It I got before the titans or G-defender kits were even released. Used nail clippers and an old box cutter that was dull from years of use without replacement of the blade. I remember seeing the yellow vents for the shoulders and not knowing where they went so I tossed them only to realize my mistake a week later, after the trash had been collected. It also took me like 7+ before I figured out master grade and high grade meant more than just kit size.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Someone with more knowledge should chime in here, but all I've heard is that IBO's ratings sucked rocks for both seasons, especially among the younger demographic which the powers-that-be are constantly chasing, and that the US airing bombed out even harder. But the kit line apparently sold pretty well, so what the hell, keep that poo poo rolling as long as possible:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
omg it's actually a hat

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
gently caress. Welp, buying that.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Guy Goodbody posted:

If they really are doing a movie or OVA, I don't think a MG G-Self is out of the question

They should make the armor easily removable and sell booster packs for the backpacks so you can keep colors consistent.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

omg it's actually a hat

The beargguy 'gloves' are interchangeable with regular hands as well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muffinlord posted:

They should make the armor easily removable and sell booster packs for the backpacks so you can keep colors consistent.

Ehh, the Assault Pack is the only one that only changes a bit of the armor color, and there's no way in hell they'll make a MG Assault Pack. The Tricky and Reflect Packs completely change the color all over the suit, so at that point there's no reason not to also throw in the internal skeleton so it's a functioning kit. The Perfect Pack and High Torque pack don't change the color of the armor at all, but I don't exactly have high hopes for either of those getting kits.

I'd be happy with a regular release of the G-Self with Atmosphere Pack and a P-Bandai Space Pack release, I don't think anything more is very likely

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lmao

amazing

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

True story, it happened to me once

edit: except it was steel piano wire and not brass wire so it was even worse

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Long ago I used Tamiya nippers to cut down the nickel-titanium wire on my braces because it was stabbing the gently caress out of the inside of my mouth. Barely nicked it, I bet 1mm brass won't do jack, immersion ruined.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Guy Goodbody posted:

omg it's actually a hat

Literally Pedobear.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Re: first kit talk, mine was the 1/100 NG Dynames. Still got it too.

First MG? Unicorn Banshee. :suicide:

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

New release news.

Notably, confirmation and first look at the RG unicorn. And of course, right after I finally buy the aging kit, a new Casval's Gundam MG based on the 3.0. Ah, and a new HG Blue Destiny.

parabolic fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 11, 2017

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
someone took more details of the RG unicorn with and without armor and it looks not too bad?

https://twitter.com/yoshi115t/status/862471052403720192

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mega Size Unicorn. P-Bandai MG XN Raiser. High Resolution WZC.

And I guess MG ZZ but I'm waiting on FA info before getting excited.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And the Tristan a bit further down on those twitter photos still looks awful for a new release. The new Blur Destiny and the black Local Type with the shoulder cannon look great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ahhhh gently caress. Well there goes the fleeting hope the new Build Fighters OVA might be good;

We don't want more goddamn Sekai :cripes:.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The way the RG Unicorn ver. Shrapnel Grenade handles the Psycho Frame is pretty elegant.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ahhhh gently caress. Well there goes the fleeting hope the new Build Fighters OVA might be good;

The Burning was fine when it was just distilled God Gundam, why do they insist on adding random poo poo to it.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i mean it looks like sekai's learned how to do things other than karate real well so maybe there's hope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ahahaha it's my Gundam Breaker 2 MVP!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That doesn't mean more Sekai. Who built the Burning Gundam?

also,

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 11, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't mean more Sekai. Who built the Burning Gundam?

Yes it does, because character marketing is a thing. Turning that out and having it not be Sekai's would just confuse the consumer base.

Beside, if it was Sei's, it'd be built to resemble the Star Build Strike.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes it does, because character marketing is a thing. Turning that out and having it not be Sekai's would just confuse the consumer base.

Beside, if it was Sei's, it'd be built to resemble the Star Build Strike.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yeah, I only just saw that in the Gundam thread. Fair enough.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Someone posted an RE/100 Zock tease on FB that turned out not to be real, and I'm actually a little disappointed.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 11, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like a Reborns Gundam and a zaku

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stolen from the 40k thread, Max Factory is making blind box Space Marines

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Here's a cupola pictures I haven't seen before.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are those *true scale* marines?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That MS is probably the precursor of the Build Burning. I'd have preferred a different Star build <Ms here> but it doesn't look terrible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zedd posted:

That MS is probably the precursor of the Build Burning. I'd have preferred a different Star build <Ms here> but it doesn't look terrible.

At least it actually looks like a customized Gunpla kit, instead of "OG Gundam, Do Not Steal" like half the Try Fighters line.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Rifle and shield doesn't look like Sekai's vibe. A red colour scheme and Plavsky Particle fuckery makes me think Reiji's going to be dropping by.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Rifle and shield doesn't look like Sekai's vibe. A red colour scheme and Plavsky Particle fuckery makes me think Reiji's going to be dropping by.

Scroll up and check the poster; Sekai's not coming anywhere near this OVA, thank gently caress. Looks like it's an interquel between the two series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

These Origin Zakus will never stop looking incredible.

Does the RG Unicorn's inner frame look new?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 11, 2017

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Finishing up lining and decaling and HG Atlas. The Thunderbolt/Origin kits are so nice compared to the IBO kits. It's also nice having an HG that doesnt have any poly caps

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does the RG Unicorn's inner frame look new?

I'm pretty sure that's new. Unlike the sinanju they can reuse the frame so it makes sense that'd they make a new mold for it.

the zaku looks good but that's a pretty noticeable seam line on the arm.

Edit speaking of seam lines, by girlfriend was doing the pink zaku warrior hg and my god have hg's improved these past 13 years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monaghan posted:

the zaku looks good but that's a pretty noticeable seam line on the arm.

I wish more HG Zakus would use the F2's style of forearms, where the seam line blends into the split between the front and back plate rather than a side by side plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I kinda like that Build Burning as a "what if it was a regular Gundam instead of a martial arts one" thing and I do not like how thin that Gyanko is though so I guess I'll stick with the beargguy one! I'm trash!!