Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Revelations DONE! I am finally done with this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
Ah, this map. This goddamn map. With the goddamn ninja traps I had to use Xander to break open because he laughs in the face of ninjas so long as you don't throw him in the middle of them.

Still glad I hadn't benched my adventurers/ninjas for this map because screw caltrops to hell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Vote is over. Benny, Keaton, and randomly Beruka of all people are out. Xander somehow almost got a permanent spot on the team.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
loving Ninja death map.

Don't these jerks know that more ninjas = suppose to be weaker?

They're breaking the laws of physics doing this.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Tae posted:

Vote is over. Benny, Keaton, and randomly Beruka of all people are out. Xander somehow almost got a permanent spot on the team.

Sometimes we like to mix it up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka is out now. I guess missing strength 50 times was too much for voters. Also I'm assuming Keaton is gone forever since that's two benchings in a row.

The Caltrops in this mission are nasty because they reduce defense by 3, avoid by 30, and take 30% off health.

GodDAMN, Saizo! Can you join my team?

What's great about him besides the massive stats (40 HP?!) is his Immune Status, meaning he can't get debuffed or affected by Poison Strike.

His AI will prioritize removing caltrops, then killing enemies in the area. He's actually a really helpful guy, despite being a unit you have to keep alive if you want a Speedwing reward.

The regular ninjas aren't much of a threat. The actual annoyances are the Master Ninja with high speed and Poison Strike.

Mighty Effie will become a lynchpin of taking out these pesky ninjas, because she's surprisingly very accurate against them when most others are hitting 80% at best.

Peri got hit a bit since some of the ninjas have Vantage. Also, magic?

This is Camilla's second level since like chapter 10 and it's...okay. She's now joined the 20+ speed group which is quite small.

That Master Ninja deals significant damage to Effie after she's been debuffed, while a far Priestess tries to Silence and/or heal from distance during this skirmish.

Effie gets just enough extra firepower from Charlotte pair-up and Camilla's PSKill. That's like +7 damage or something. She gets to lvl 19, gaining +HP/STR/SKL/LCK/DEF

Xander snipes a random as he stands firm in that hole in the wall. I'm going to abuse Conquest AI a bit here, as a reminder that enemies will not bother attacking if they literally can't do damage outside of a few exceptions.

Imagine Xander as a machine gun in a wall that the enemy can't reach.

This is why Xander is good for plugging holes but not for actually killing units. And most units are the same against the Master ninjas. Beruka would actually be super useful because of her insane skill stat but...well.

The Mechanists are actually super dangerous because they have higher strength than the ninjas and are still fast enough to double a lot of my units. Yes, 17 speed is enough to double many characters.

Saw-E rank, 7 might, 90 hit, 10 avoid, 1 range, upon a successful hit, enemy’s Strength and Magic -4

The Automatons are new, and they have damage reducing debuffers in the saw. Not that threatening since their stats aren't that great and the Saws are one-range. They're more dangerous when you eventually see ones carrying bows.

Laslow seriously just needs to gain speed forever, because he only has 17 since he had a low base to start with.

I won't say no to more magic since I've been using the Levin Sword a lot more than the Grim Yato.

20 strength is a good bar, 16 skill is above-average which is sad to think about.

Hey, Charlotte learned how to gain strength again!

Effie takes out a mechanists, being the second character to max out the cap.

General is by far Effie's best class. Better strength, more defense, and eventually learns one of the best skills in the game.

Just in case you thought all that extra armor was good, don't worry. She still has no pants.

As Laslow removes caltrops, I start splitting up my party so I don't get pincered in eventually.

Odin gets a crit off a free attack as Xander moves ahead to plug a hole further right.

As Camilla knocks out another master ninja, enemy reinforcements arrive on the west and south.

Much better showing.

Corrine blocks out the entrance from the western reinforcements as the Effie/Xander combo chew through more master ninjas.

Never too late to gain speed. Man, Odin's stats kinda suck. BUT. Still better than Leo when and if he promotes.

Niles starts off the assault on the western front, gaining a level for a great +STR/LCK/DEF gain.

Time to take the moment to show what the Dragon Veins do on this map. The yellow spots are whether boulders will rise up or down, letting you make short-cuts or wall off areas. If a unit is on those spots when a vein is activated, they just stay on top of it until they move off it.

I never use it here I like the default path.

Xander has been Bronze Swording it up for quite some time to weaken master ninjas since he needs the accuracy. Just showing off that he's still a tough cookie without Siegfried.

Effie is hungry for BLOOD! Also specifically taking out that Swordmaster because he carries an Armorslayer.

Bad news, she gained a +SPD/LCK/DEF level. NOW is not the time to gain speed, Effie.

Elise gets to level 20 as well, as she has maxed out speed, magic, and luck quite easily.

Corrine's group gets going on eliminating their reinforcement batch, as Leo gets a great first level.

If nothing else, Laslow is very accurate. Slower than Saizo is a bad thing though.

As Selena clears the last mechanist, team Corrine snakes along the north for that treasure.

Odin cleans up the remaining enemies for team Effie, while Selena chucks a sword and gains...+Lck. What a level.

I need all the money to buy Master Seals now.

...I swear, the game does this on purpose sometimes.

More enemy reinforcements, though the type of soldiers have reversed. Now Team Effie is dealing with the robots.

Can't take a hit worth a drat, but speedy and powerful. The only people that are +20 STR/SPD are Corrine, Selena, Camilla, and Azura. Good company of pre-promotes and Azura's stupidly high growths.

Corrine and Effie/Xander once again are plugging the holes defensively as this incredibly long map is only a little over halfway done.

Team Corrine is done.

I get confused everytime I look at Odin's stats. How is he still on the team?

Effie, please stop gaining speed. Gain defense, gain HP. Gain even magic, just please! You're getting Wary Fighter soon.

The team slowly assembles in front of Kotaro's front door, as Niles goes for the chest containing a Master Seal.

That one robot exists solely for Saizo to chase after and give you time to use a dragon vein to trap him. That's one of the sure-fire ways Saizo can't suicide and die against the boss because...well, you'll see.

Shura's been healing in the meantime. Let's check out how absurd Kotaro is.

So here's the problem. He has Grisly Wound, Duelist's Blow, AND Trample. Not to mention that those Caltrops are unremovable, so you're fighting him with all those negative stats.

That Flame Shuriken is also annoying since Xander and Effie get destroyed by him with their low resistance.

Elise promotes to a Strategist, which is an odd promotion because she loses a skill for some reason. But at least she can throw some occasional offense with her massive 26 magic stat.

Xander and Effie set up counterkill situations because they're the only ones accurate enough at that safe range, away from Kotaro's eyes.

This is so stupid. After a Freeze status and Heartseeker (-40 avoid), most of my guys STILL only get maybe 60% hit rate at best.

Not even King Garon can stop me now, bwaaahahaha!!

Shura vs. Kotaro

Heh... So you're the daimyo of Mokushu, eh? We finally meet.
Who are you? I don't know any generic pirates.
I am Shura, of Kohga. And you will pay for destroying my people!
Aw, so you came here to get revenge? That's precious. I've killed dozens of men like you. Lowly drifters without a home. Don't even bother. Like your pathetic kingdom, you don't stand a chance.
Killing you will be no bother at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. And one day I will rebuild Kohga and undo the damage you caused!
HA! That's rich. I killed all your people. Burned your village to the ground. All of your ninja combined weren't enough to stop me. Yet you think you alone can kill me?! HAHAHAHA!
We'll see how funny it is when you're begging for mercy. You took everything from me. Before I rebuild, allow me to return the favor.
Ah, a lovely dream. Let that dream comfort you in your last moments. The last remnant of Kohga ends here!
For my friends and family...for my honor and vengeance...FOR KOHGA!

EFFFFFFFFFFIIIE!

No! My ambition... Mokushu's...future...

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 10, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am glad to see that our lovable murdertank has turned out well.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I dunno, Beruka might be back.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Effie's pretty quality. ...I can't understand the armor design, though. I suppose the mysterious womanly powers of the uterus need some kind of outlet.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

wait, what am i missing, why is speed on Effie bad?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I don't know why the thread hate Keaton so much. His character is kinda dumb, but relatively inoffensive and as a fighter he's pretty good with a kid who's even better.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

AriadneThread posted:

wait, what am i missing, why is speed on Effie bad?

Generals get the Wary Fighter skill that prevents both the attacker and the defender from making follow-up attacks. It basically makes Speed irrelevant for both parties.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Odin is on the team cause Owain is great. And yours seems fine, maybe dump a dust in him to bump his magic up.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

BrightWing posted:

Odin is on the team cause Owain is great. And yours seems fine, maybe dump a dust in him to bump his magic up.

Owain is great but Odin takes his gimmick overboard to the point of being annoying because the writing is so much worse here.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I know you rolled dice on all the S ranks previously, but you gotta put Odin and Elise together. Elise is the best mother for that child, for several reasons.

As for why Odin's still on the team: Getting his child onto the team. At least, that's why I've never voted to bench him.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Actually, the royals' weapons work just by carrying them, regardless of whether said royal is even capable of equipping them in their current class; so long as Xander has Siegfried, he will ALWAYS have +4 Defense, whether he's using it or not (which makes him a really good physical tank). Similarly, Takumi will never care about terrain so long as he has the Fujin Yumi (even if he's been swapped to Cavalier somehow), and Ryoma will always do stupidly high physical damage unless you inexplicably decide to take away Raijinto. Even the various upgrades of Yato work this way for the Avatar. Of course, they all have the caveat of only giving their bonuses to the characters who start with them (as in, Siegfried will not give its Defense boost to the Avatar), but that's not too much of a problem.

In fact, I'd say that the above is a large part of the reason the royals' weapons (other than Yato) are considered so BROKEN in this game; the only one that isn't 1-2 range is the Fujin Yumi (fixable with a DLC skill its user would want anyway), the only one with a minimum range is from the broken branch of possibly this game's best overall weapon type, they're all comparable in raw stats to Silver-tier weapons in both power and accuracy, they don't have any of the drawbacks associated with higher-tier weapons in this game (no penalty to doubles, no stat penalties for using them, don't lock doubles or skills, etc.), AND they give extremely useful passive bonuses to their owners just for having them... really, there's almost no reason NOT to use them (as demonstrated by Tae, pretty much the only reason to use a different weapon of the same type is accuracy).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Weird that Saizo's sub-plot with Mokushu is told way more in-depth (or even mentioned) on Conquest than on Birthright.

Saizo... I swear, I did not know. I was told Father died in the line of duty while fighting in Mokushu. All this time... What a burden that knowledge must have been.
Yes, Brother. That man killed our father and hid the truth from all. But I knew better. I knew Father was too great a warrior to fall so easily in battle. Still, it took me years of searching to uncover the truth Kotaro buried.
Dishonorable scoundrel. No telling how many lives he took without punishment.
Indeed. But it's all over now...

*Corrine and Kagero arrive*

You found her?!
Saizo!
Kagero! Are you hurt? Make haste, friend. We must return to Lord Ryoma right away.
I am in your debt, Saizo. To save me, you even cooperated with the traitorous Lady Corrine. That can't have been easy...
I cooperated with no one. It is pure coincidence that we crossed paths. They were battling our soldiers and even aiding Kotaro at first. Still, I must know...

Oh my god, we ARE still bluntly knocking out the enemy instead of killing them.

This doesn't change even after killing Shura. Gah, my head....

I thought mercy was not a concept familiar to Nohrians.
Then perhaps you don't know us as well as you believe you do.

I don't know you at this point!

We Nohrians aren't all the same. Just as all ninja aren't as vile as Kotaro.
...Perhaps so, Corrine. In any case, Kagero and my men are alive thanks to you. You also helped me to finally avenge my father's death. For that...I thank you.

Of course that I only want you to join after you gained unholy stats.

At that time, I will not hesitate to take your life.
If that is how it must be, Saizo, then so be it. I won't hold back either.
Hmph.

*Kagero and Saizo leave*

*sigh*
Milady... We should be on our way.

At least Kaze can't randomly die on this route. This chapter would be a good place involving blocking a Saizo stab or something.

One cannot escape heartache, milady. No matter the path we choose to follow.
But if it weren't for me... If I had chosen a different path... You might have been fighting alongside your brother instead of against him.
Perhaps. There's no telling what might have come to pass.
But who's to say that path would have been the right one? Life is not black or white.

I truly believe that both sides know that. Even my brother.
Thank you, Kaze. I hope you're right.

We've seen that Kaze is in fact not right. Almost everyone except Xander immediately bailed on Garon for Corrine and...well, we know what ended up happening there.

Saizo knows that it's thanks to you he was able to survive Kotaro's attack. I believe he left this as a token of thanks. ...And as a sign that our battle with him is not yet over.

This is when I get the Speedwing as a reward for keeping Saizo alive. I'm gonna have to use it soon since I got quite a few stat boosters burning in my inventory.

Class Overview

General

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR, +5 DEF
Weapon rank: Lances (A), Axes (B)

Skills: (lvl 5) Wary Fighter-During battles, neither the user or enemy can perform follow up attacks
(lvl 15) Pavise-Skill% chance of halving damage from Sword, Lance, Axe, Beaststone, Claw or Puppet attacks

General is all about being a physical tank, and Wary Fighter helps it become one of the sturdiest tanks. Javelins effectively has no downside, the fastest max speed ninjas can't double, and bosses become soloable.

The only downside is that it might actually be better to be a Great Knight for the first 5 levels to pick up Elbow Room and Luna before switching permanently to General.

edit: If she's married or paired A+ to someone that's a Cavalier.

Strategist

Pair-up Bonus: +2 MAG/LCK/RES, +1 MOV
Weapon rank: Staves (A), Tomes (B)

Skills: (lvl 5) Rally Resistance-Resistance +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used
(lvl 15) Inspiration-Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles

Rally Resistance is really good for Conquest since mages are more powerful here, and a lot of the sturdiest characters have bad resistance. Inspiration is also a general good distance aura that stacks with Elise's PSkill and the class keeps her as a mobile healer. I'm still not sure why their base skill is lower than Troubadour.

Paladin

Pair-up Bonus: +2 STR/DEF/RES, +1 MOV
Weapon rank: Lances (A), Swords (A)

Skills: (lvl 5) Defender-When user is the lead unit while paired up, all stats +1
(lvl 15) Aegis-Skill% chance of halving damage from Bow, Magic, Dagger, Dragonstone, Breath or Stone attacks

Paladin is more general horse warrior than the Great Knight, most notably better in the resistance category and higher speed. Defender is really good to give an extra level's worth of stats, and Aegis is okay enough to cover Xander's weakness in a pinch.

The unique thing about Paladins is that they're the only vanilla class to have A rank in two weapons, when most go A and B.

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 10, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

The only downside is that it might actually be better to be a Great Knight for the first 5 levels to pick up Elbow Room and Luna before switching permanently to General.
That's only possible if the unit has access to both the Cavalier and Knight lines. Otherwise, a normal Knight-->Great Knight promotion would just be sitting around for a few levels waiting to pick up Luna and maybe build up their sword and axe ranks as well.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Elise with her passive, the Troubadour and the Strategist auras reduces damage to men in the spaces next to her by 7 and increases damage by 3 (5 and 3 for women). This is disgusting, and a great reason why Elise is a wonderful edition to your team from the beginning until the end. Take out any ranged physical types and she'll be safe and secure in a bubble of highly resistant units that can shred enemy formations with ease.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For some reason I completely forgot Paladin so I added it to the update.

Stat boosters update. I have:
1 Seraph Robe
2 Spirit Dust
1 Secret Book
2 Speedwing
2 Goddess Icon
1 Talisman
1 Arms Scroll

I still have:
1 female DLC magic class (S tomes, Nosferatu access)
1 Dark Falcon class (B lances, A Tomes)
1 Hero's Brand (S swords)

Do you want all-in with the boosters, wait, or shore up weaknesses I.E. Speedwing on Odin, Secret Book on Peri, etc.

Who should be DLCed, considering most of the team last update are nearing or are already promoted?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It's time for Owain to achieve his destiny. Pega-Pony Prince Odin Dark.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
No opinion on the DLC classes.

As for the stat boosters, shore up weaknesses. The difficulty here doesn't seem like it's forgiving enough to just dump everything on one unit and hope for the best.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

A true hero always brings victory from the seemingly unwinnable.

Redemption steroids for arthur!

And toss him that hero brand while you're at it for even more superhero justice!

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

It's time for Owain to achieve his destiny. Pega-Pony Prince Odin Dark.

Owain is not Cynthia, and may not even be related to her depending on who Chrom married. :colbert:

Anyway, I'd normally vote for fixing weaknesses, but considering how someone's probably gonna wind up perma-benched soon (possibly even whoever got the boosters) I'm gonna have to go with all-in (though I'm not sure on who). As for the classes... hmmm... I say save the Dark Falcon for a bit, give the Hero's Brand to, er... I dunno, Niles maybe? And save the fem-caster one (I know what it is, but I don't remember if it's been identified in the thread).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Put all the stat boosters sans Spirit Dust on Corrine.

People can't gently caress you over with votes that way. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, rinkah worked out well in birthright

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
All stat boosters on Gunter!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

All stat boosters to Laslow!

Laslow is super cool in my books, but he's a pretty bad unit. If we dump all the statboosters on him this run, at least he'll get a chance to shine.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We have yet to see the proper recipient for the female dlc class so hold off on that for now.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Get Odin's daughter and make her the DLC class. Or use that item on Elise.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

W.T. Fits posted:

No opinion on the DLC classes.

As for the stat boosters, shore up weaknesses. The difficulty here doesn't seem like it's forgiving enough to just dump everything on one unit and hope for the best.

This. Camillia is still in the active party so she doesn't need no redemption steroids :colbert:

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Get Odin's daughter; make her the DLC class

Preferably with Elise as the mother.

Also: Shore up weaknesses

Weeble fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 11, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The logical thing is to give Xander all the stat boosters.

Which is why they should go to Charlotte instead. Except the spirit dust that can go to Odin Dark.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

FoolyCharged posted:

And toss him that hero brand while you're at it for even more superhero justice!

Voting this, because Arthur rules and lodestar fixes most of his problems.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I mean, rinkah worked out well in birthright

Well, yeah. But it's Birthright. You could've sold all of them and used tonics the rest of the game and you would've been fine.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Shore up weaknesses and make Odin a Dark Flyer. Odin's extremely useful as a Dark Flyer even with meh stats and a couple spirit dust would make him a monster. Conquest isn't forgiving enough for it to be worth trying to baby and redeem a unit, while Rinkah could've been fielded even without redemption steroids in Birthright and been totally fine due to how much of a pushover it is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I forgot to list an arms scroll so any unit gets D rank in a new weapon class.

Also I technically have a heart seal but since most people are just now promoting, it's kind of a waste right now.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Odin Dark. Dark Flier. Coincidence? I think not!

Also shore up weaknesses

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Shore up weaknessses

this is Conquest, you can't afford to gently caress around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

FoolyCharged posted:

Agreed, show them the true power of justice. Well, except make him a Hero.

• Locked thread