Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Blackheart is a blizzard classics now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Khorne posted:

Braxis doesn't seem that bad either if I'm being honest, although the rotations through mid are unbelievably awkward.

Yeah the pathing is really bad and the minimap is a bit deceptive. It kinda speaks to the lazy way they haven't done much to improve AI or scripting for movement since release and it really shows on some of the different maps or characters like Dehaka and Lucio.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So there was a discussion a few days ago about whether HotS has a "carry" character and I think the closest you're going to get to that now is the new Alarak who can be absolutely nuts in skilled hands. You have several iterative quest talents that can be instantly completed in full with a single skillful play, you have multiple avenues to accumulate Sadism stacks, some of which are effectively uncapped, all of which means that if you're good about not dying you can do crazy poo poo like the game I watched where the guy had 220% Sadism by the end of the game and was essentially able to walk up to someone and if not kill them outright he could chunk them to the point a stiff breeze would kill them. I still don't think you can 1v5 the enemy team with a stacked up Alarak but he now seems to be positioned as the game's "high skill, high reward" character.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

The top 7 for the Reddit one honestly is spot on: Battlefield of Eternity, Cursed Hollow, Dragon Shire, Infernal Shrines, Sky Temple, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Towers of Doom. All are three-lane maps (except Battlefield) with a ton of skirmishing over the objective, and the objective is binary.

The other maps are either huuuuuuge, sloooooow, PVE-oriented, or have objectives that apply for both teams at the same time.

Warhead Junction is the best map in the game. :colbert:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tychus strategy against trace is "eat poo poo"

The guy is a tank shredder. Click on the fat guy walking into your team and melt him for needing to stay in your range to do his job.
Q is for finishing off people or harassing other assassins to take some pressure off yourself. Once you get +range and damage late game it's a great squishy killer.
I like In The Rhythm. Just get stacks as you can and then you'll have like 5 seconds of tank be gone. Don't save his D just get that damage up in there. Prioritize people who have to fight you in your own range, preferably when they are bogged down by your team.
If the enemy team is a lot of assassins it will be rough.
Ult is preference but I like laser because it let's me minigun still.

While it's true Tychus is a tank shredder, he also melts down squishes. Harass with frag grenade and use minigun boosted attacks to damage her, then finish her off with overkill. A couple of Odin auto attacks then annihilate/ragnarok missiles will do her in too. The longer the game goes, the more it's in Tychus' favor.

The build is:

1) Dash. Combat tactician and press the advantage are for autoattack heavy builds.

4) The bigger they are... Master Assassin takes too long to get going, in the rhythm is for autoattack heavy builds, and fully loaded is just lame. TBTA gives you an eye-watering amount of burst against anyone, high HP or no.

7) Whatever one suits the situation best. Relentless if they've got 2+ reliable stuns, concussion grenade if they're melee heavy, quarterback otherwise.

10) Commandeer Odin. You'll burn a lot of mana with overkill and frag grenades, and the Odin's abilities are free. Use it once you've fired off your other abilities. You're also tankier and better at finishing people off with the larger range.

13) Spray and pray. That's the stuff! is okay, but bad against burst since it only heals you at the end. Neosteel coating isn't bad, but it doesn't help you get kills.

16) Armor piercing rounds. With that, you will utterly devastate ANYONE you target with overkill. Lead rain's effects are too marginal to be useful, and titan grenade doesn't add on as much damage.

20) Depends on comp heavily. If you took laser drill you should always take focusing diodes since it improves the ability so much. If the other team is tanky, get sizzlin' attacks. If they're dive heavy or very mobile, take bob and weave. Otherwise take big red button.

This build is focused on killing squishy heroes with Tychus (such as Tracer), but it doesn't sacrifice the ability to kill tanky heroes to do so. Not that Tychus is ever bad at killing tanky heroes.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 10, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

When is D.Va live? I have all my Veteran packs from 2.0 to open still.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nephzinho posted:

When is D.Va live? I have all my Veteran packs from 2.0 to open still.

Next week probably?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've played the brawl like 5 times now and never been on defence! What the heck, game.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
i loving hate towers of doom, it's way too hectic and i cant keep my focus on anything

that might be because i have (actual) ADHD though

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Tried out the distortion beam build for Tassadar, since a psi-storm focused build felt really weak. Also took Force Wall instead of Archon, and drat I underrated that ability. He definitely felt more satisfying to play, and with Samuro being on free rotation, his Oracle ability is amazing. I didn't notice force wall had such a low cooldown, its pretty brutal in teamfights. As much fun as nigh-permanent Archon is at 20, I think this build feels a lot more useful overall.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I kind of feel like Tychus has too low health for how short his attack range is. I know he's got the grenade and can move around with overkill, but he really needs to get uncomfortably close to do his main job, which is killing tanks.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kai Tave posted:

So there was a discussion a few days ago about whether HotS has a "carry" character
The carry character is you, the player, because no matter what you play you need to carry the game.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fried Watermelon posted:

That would be neat, a Nexus category of heroes

Although would it dilute the game of being a Blizzard all-stars style game if they added completely new and unique heroes that were outside any existing game?

Could just add them to the blizzard classic category that only has the TLV so far and could only really fit Blackthorne and a Rock'n'Roll Racing race car. Besides there are plenty of other characters that stretch the 'all-star from an existing game,' definition.
Nova was a character from an unfinished/scrapped game and had appeared in 0 blizzard games until HotS. Hell wasn't Kerrigan the only female ghost we saw in game in SC before her?
ETC the rockstar is not a unit in any warcraft, or a WoW NPC, he's a fun nod to the band (named after a wc3 unit) some Blizzard devs play in.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Nova has a fairly decent NPC presence in SC2:WoL, and also her own mini-campaign in SC2 now.

They still need to add Tosh though, we've got a ton of Spectre skins but no actual Spectres.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Khorne posted:

The carry character is you, the player, because no matter what you play you need to carry the game.

I mean I agree with this sentiment, and even think the notion of "the carry" in a team-based game is kind of dysfunctional and not a thing you should design for, but in the context of the discussion they were wondering if HotS had a character that could suddenly get a crazy power spike and that's Alarak right now, who I think might be the only character in the game that can shortcut his way through quests to get a big boost in power. I think he has one for Discord Strike that if you pull off the required combo gives it an overall 180 point damage boost, which naturally doubles against heroes.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Could just add them to the blizzard classic category that only has the TLV so far and could only really fit Blackthorne and a Rock'n'Roll Racing race car. Besides there are plenty of other characters that stretch the 'all-star from an existing game,' definition.
Nova was a character from an unfinished/scrapped game and had appeared in 0 blizzard games until HotS. Hell wasn't Kerrigan the only female ghost we saw in game in SC before her?
ETC the rockstar is not a unit in any warcraft, or a WoW NPC, he's a fun nod to the band (named after a wc3 unit) some Blizzard devs play in.

ETC is in WoW, also apparently Samuro is the singer

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: gently caress never mind, Sig's guitar has too many strings to be bass, joke ruined.

I'm just annoyed that ETC doesn't have his Marine skin yet.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fried Watermelon posted:

ETC is in WoW, also apparently Samuro is the singer

There is a band named <X> Tauren Chieftains, and it's the avatars/stage personas of folks from the band made up of Blizz devs. There is not however a rock and roll cow named ETC. I even tried to word that post in the exact way no one would post a screencap of the elf city, or Darkmoon fair, or point out "b-but the drummer from the in-game band ETC is a Tauren so there is a rock & roll cow!" or "But there is a Tauren Chieftain unit in WC3!"

edit: I think they were clever in making the troll the bass player since he wouldn't have the fingers for another guitar.

fake edit: And don't post a picture of Django Reinhardt you pedantic fucks.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 11, 2017

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

There is a band named <X> Tauren Chieftains, and it's the avatars/stage personas of folks from the band made up of Blizz devs. There is not however a rock and roll cow named ETC.

Elite Tauren Chieftain was the band name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrUPeFKNHk

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think it's a slap in the face that Blizzard is pulling characters for their allstars MOBA from failed games and old injoke references, and furthermore

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Samuro was from WC3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvRYAHaS6Q

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I included the <x> part because they've changed the name a bunch of times as new games/expansions came out. It was originally "10th lvl Tauren Chieftan" for WC3, then was lvl 60 ETC, and so on.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I will give Blizz all the credit in the world for abandoning the DOTA IP so they could attempt to make an actually good game instead without upsetting the DOTA crowd.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bloody Pom posted:

I think it's a slap in the face that Blizzard is pulling characters for their allstars MOBA from failed games and old injoke references, and furthermore

I don't think anyone has said that, friend. I love my rockstar cow. Nova can rot though. Also gently caress Reghar, we should have just gotten 2 versions of Thrall and Kerrigan.

edit: Or some spacegoat shaman, I guess that would've worked too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

There is a band named <X> Tauren Chieftains, and it's the avatars/stage personas of folks from the band made up of Blizz devs. There is not however a rock and roll cow named ETC. I even tried to word that post in the exact way no one would post a screencap of the elf city, or Darkmoon fair, or point out "b-but the drummer from the in-game band ETC is a Tauren so there is a rock & roll cow!" or "But there is a Tauren Chieftain unit in WC3!"

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elite_Tauren_Chieftain

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I opened a chest with a Murky in it, but I already had Murky and he got sharded :(

If you get a dupe Murky from a chest, you should be able to play as two Murkys (or however many Murkys you have opened from chests)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MisterZimbu posted:

I opened a chest with a Murky in it, but I already had Murky and he got sharded :(

If you get a dupe Murky from a chest, you should be able to play as two Murkys (or however many Murkys you have opened from chests)

those murky shards become the mini-murlocs when you use march, friend.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Blizzard please return Octograb to its always-three-second-stun. That'd be all I want. Murky's so great.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MisterZimbu posted:

1m2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHCLgdLoLEQ&t=62s

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
People were talking about skins they'd want a few pages back; My favorite idea is Terran Lost Vikings. Olaf could be a not-marauder (like on Braxis), Erik could be a marine with a shotgun or something, and Erik could be a ghost.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I want Dapperthur whose parasite is an actual top hat and solid gold locusts.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I want ANY new skin for tlv. :saddowns:

On a different note, I don't get Hanamura. Pushing a cart to the depot makes it say 'timer reset' implying it's best to turn it in right after a second cart comes out?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cuntellectual posted:

I want ANY new skin for tlv. :saddowns:

On a different note, I don't get Hanamura. Pushing a cart to the depot makes it say 'timer reset' implying it's best to turn it in right after a second cart comes out?

The sooner the turn in the better. The 1st and 2nd cart both have set launch times. The your 3rd comes out y minutes after the 1st makes it to the depot and the 4th is tied to the 2nd in the same way. That's also why delaying the enemy cart for even a few seconds is good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy poo poo you can shrink the chat window so it doesn't cover up party invitations. Click the hourglass icon in top right.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

People were talking about skins they'd want a few pages back; My favorite idea is Terran Lost Vikings. Olaf could be a not-marauder (like on Braxis), Erik could be a marine with a shotgun or something, and Erik could be a ghost.

The Man From M.U.R.K.Y.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Fan Art Kerrigan
she looks just the same as normal but she has a huge dick

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cuntellectual posted:

4) The bigger they are... Master Assassin takes too long to get going, in the rhythm is for autoattack heavy builds, and fully loaded is just lame. TBTA gives you an eye-watering amount of burst against anyone, high HP or no.

The bigger they are is a total trap if you ask me. If the enemy is getting hit by your allies, and tychus is a team fighter, then they're going to turn off your bonus damage. You're trading your ability to secure kills to spook people. Like you said he likes longer fights, anyway.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
HotSmatchmaking.jpg

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I've been going with That's The Stuff!/In The Rhythm on Tychus but I just eventually get to the point where I'm making GBS threads out damage for 8 seconds and die with a full hp heal waiting for Minigun to expire :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The change from heal as you damage to heal at the end of minigun completely broke That's the Stuff and removed Tychus's only source of sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Toshimo posted:

HotSmatchmaking.jpg

Continuing the fine tradition of posting a screenshot with no obvious problems and insinuating there's problems.