Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

vermin posted:

Just to get this straight, Saul's in hiding because Walt was dragging everyone to hell with him? It's been so long since I've seen Breaking Bad but I don't remember the specific reason he disappeared.

i don't actually recall walt doing the walt thing at saul at the end. their parting wasn't exactly amicable, but i think saul's the one who helps set up walt's new hampshire retreat. they both make use of the disappearer at around the same time, since the feds have taped confession from jesse by then

my memory is a bit fuzzy, though. i get to those episodes in my rewatch tonight, so we'll see :toot:

e: i wouldn't use spoil tags but this is at the top of a page so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

vermin posted:

Just to get this straight, Saul's in hiding because Walt was dragging everyone to hell with him? It's been so long since I've seen Breaking Bad but I don't remember the specific reason he disappeared.

There was always the lingering fear of Walt killing 12 guys in two minutes when cornered. But I think Saul was more concerned that the police had Huell and the money would lead back to him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Golli posted:

He had to maximize the probability that Chuck would "lose his train of thought". Rebecca was an additional stressor. It's clear that Jimmy regretted having to bring her in, but he was backed into a corner.

As his attorney, he is legally obligated to put for the strongest defense possible. THE LAW IS TOO IMPORTANT to do otherwise.

This, but unironically.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

I know I'll be shouted down for this but I really want his final act to be to somehow get Jesse out of the charges that are surely coming down on him.

Jesse's living under an assumed name in Alaska, clean, working as a carpenter, with a native girlfriend who looks curiously like a cross between Andrea and Jane. I refuse to believe anything else.

some guy on the bus posted:

Saul went bald pretty fast then. He still had great hair at the end of BB.

Stress

vermin posted:

The Heisenberg case is a federal criminal investigation that's led to the arrest of dozens of people across several states, the collapse of an international drug cartel, and a nationwide manhunt for a drug kingpin known to have amassed hundreds of millions of dollars manufacturing methamphetamine while ruthlessly eliminating his competition by running them over with cars and blowing them up with pipe-bombs. Dude was on his way to becoming Pablo Escobar, and Saul Goodman was his consigliere. There's no way he could get away with it -- just too many people on the trail.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did the police know Saul was involved with Walt? Would he be a big enough deal for his picture be all over the news like 'hey this guy was that meth kingpin's lawyer/accomplice'

Man it's been too long since I saw BB, I've forgotten a ton of stuff

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

There was always the lingering fear of Walt killing 12 guys in two minutes when cornered. But I think Saul was more concerned that the police had Huell and the money would lead back to him.

I'm still unclear why he doesn't flee the country.

I can see lying low for a bit, but I'd assume that eventually you'd make a break for some country without extradition.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

It was a good episode because we finally got a definite answer to the Chicago sunroof thing.

There was a whole monologue about it in the season 1 finale.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Help Im Alive posted:

Did the police know Saul was involved with Walt? Would he be a big enough deal for his picture be all over the news like 'hey this guy was that meth kingpin's lawyer/accomplice'

Man it's been too long since I saw BB, I've forgotten a ton of stuff

The Aryans had Jesse's taped confession, which likely detailed every illegal activity Saul was engaged in. The cops who found Walt's body would probably also find that tape when they went through the clubhouse. They also had Huell.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It'd be neat if the feds found Gene/Saul out and word gets to HHM, and Howard and team end of being his defense.

I mean, I don't think they do criminal law, so that's extremely unlikely, but it'd be neat to see.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Aryans had Jesse's taped confession, which likely detailed every illegal activity Saul was engaged in. The cops who found Walt's body would probably also find that tape when they went through the clubhouse. They also had Huell.

surprise bcs twist: the cinnabon scenes are after saul's escape but before walt's blaze of glory several months later

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Venuz Patrol posted:

surprise bcs twist: the cinnabon scenes are after saul's escape but before walt's blaze of glory several months later

I sort of figured this anyways. Don't know what difference it will make. He'd still have to be Gene for a few years for it to die down.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What's up with Huell's head anyway. Skulls don't go that shape.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm really wanting another Gene bit because he collapsed in the last one which a couple weeks ago. Was it just stress? Did he a have a stroke? Don't leave me hanging! :ohdear:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

There was a whole monologue about it in the season 1 finale.

Guy wanted some soft-serve, I gave him some soft-serve.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It'd be neat if the feds found Gene/Saul out and word gets to HHM, and Howard and team end of being his defense.

I mean, I don't think they do criminal law, so that's extremely unlikely, but it'd be neat to see.

You mean HHW: Hamlin, Hamlin & Wexler :getin:

Venuz Patrol posted:

It's entirely possible. When Saul bugged out, it was more out of panic than necessity. He wasn't aware of Jesse's tape, just Walt's bullshit and Huell's disappearance.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm still unclear why he doesn't flee the country.

I can see lying low for a bit, but I'd assume that eventually you'd make a break for some country without extradition.

Vacuum cleaner guy probably gave Saul a new, en-Gene-ified passport but laying low in Nebraska is a much safer bet than handing that passport to authorities in at least two countries and hoping to god you don't arouse their suspicions

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Actually, that confession tape is an excellent way for BCS to, for lack of a better term, "glaze over" the events of Breaking Bad. Picture this:

Season (whatever) ends with Saul meeting up with Walt and Jesse, just after dealing with some big problem with Nacho. The opening to the next season is a continuation of the final shot of BB. Walt's lying there, dead, the cops are there searching the area. They find the dvd and take it into evidence. Skip ahead to it being watched. The show uses Jesse's entire confession over top of quick cuts to footage of the events he's describing, but mixing in footage of Saul also being involved (aside from the times Jesse mentions Saul specifically). And then maybe we get a replay of Walt and Saul in the basement of the vacuum store, only this time, of course, we follow Saul when he leaves.

Also, I'm hoping that BCS ties in Robert Forster's character soonish.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Riptor posted:

Vacuum cleaner guy probably gave Saul a new, en-Gene-ified passport but laying low in Nebraska is a much safer bet than handing that passport to authorities in at least two countries and hoping to god you don't arouse their suspicions

There are ways to exit the United States without having your passport scanned US-side, and countries you can enter that won't pay close attention to a US passport.

(Example: Leave the US via the Tijuana crossing, or just charter a boat)

Once out of the US, it'd be relatively easy to make your way to a distant, extradition free land (SE Asia is full of 'em)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
america is nice to live in, though, is the thing. especially if you probably still have a stash of extreme blood dollars to live your new life with

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Plus he'd have to leave behind all those squat cobbler videos.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Venuz Patrol posted:

america is nice to live in, though, is the thing. especially if you probably still have a stash of extreme blood dollars to live your new life with

you put diamonds in your rear end and turn them into money later. this is literally the only reason antwerp exists.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

you put diamonds in your rear end and turn them into money later. this is literally the only reason antwerp exists.

What do I know about Antwerp, apart from diamonds that is? But then... What the gently caress do I know about Antwerp?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Didn't Season 1 have a whole bit where Mike told Jimmy the story of a criminal who had stayed hidden from the police three houses down from his own house, and that dovetailed into Jimmy tracking down the Kettlemans having escaped into the woods behind their house because no one likes to leave home...?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, I'm hoping that BCS ties in Robert Forster's character soonish.

Hell yea, I was just rewatching Granite State, Forster's Breaking Bad episode and he's so drat likable.

"If you look around, it's kinda beautiful."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm really wanting another Gene bit because he collapsed in the last one which a couple weeks ago. Was it just stress? Did he a have a stroke? Don't leave me hanging! :ohdear:

He's developed electrosensitivity :v:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe they didn't call this episode "Thrilla in McGilla"

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Last Chance posted:

Hell yea, I was just rewatching Granite State, Forster's Breaking Bad episode and he's so drat likable.

I just saw that one too. Lmao, the dark humor of Todd's relationship with Lydia. What a character. He gives Jesse ice cream. I forgot about that.

I wonder when we'll see Todd in BCS.

The Cinnabon shop didn't look that rough.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
did they ever even establish lydia is hetero?

on a recent binge i got a bit of a high strung lesbian vibe, and it would be hilarious if she was completely unobtainable to todd the entire time

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

maskenfreiheit posted:

on a recent binge i got a bit of a high strung lesbian vibe, and it would be hilarious if she was completely unobtainable to todd the entire time
I mean, she was, because she had loving standards.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes the dead-eyed neo-nazi with the social development of a middle schooler is absolutely someone I would have sex with if only I were not a lesbian.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Come on, you'd totally bang Meth Damon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Her name is Lydia Rodarte-Quayle and she has a daughter. I'm guessing she was married and hyphenated her name but then got divorced or her husband died.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Oh, Todd's charms were definitely working on her. Watch their last scene. She was letting him sit next to her (previously she didn't want him or anybody to) and she was smiling the whole time while he was giving her compliments. Walt ruined a beautiful thing.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Ah yes the dead-eyed neo-nazi with the social development of a middle schooler is absolutely someone I would have sex with if only I were not a lesbian.

Todd Did Nothing Wrong :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

"I'm not much of a movie guy... "

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

some guy on the bus posted:

The Cinnabon shop didn't look that rough.

No, but dealing directly with cops and giving law advice when you're on the lam for being Walter Escobar's lawyer is.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For me you know what the actual highlight of the episode was? Chuck and Hamlin's little one-on-one during the setup of the courtroom. Hamlin is trying to get Chuck to think of the impact on the company of poo poo coming out. And Chuck's response is NO, gently caress THE COMPANY, WHAT IS IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW IS MY PERSONAL REVENGE. He thinks he's landed a masterstroke by saying "This is not the time to worry about optics". Like... what? From Hamlin's perspective that is the moment when Chuck becomes a liability, and irrevocably so. From that point on, in the hearing, he isn't really trying. Chuck's lost him.

Also right at the beginning of Chuck's rant, check that little jaw twitch. :bahgawd:

fake edit: I don't remember if this was discussed in previous threads, but can I just say I really appreciate the double layers of interpretation for "Charlie Hustle".

Either it's a dull grandpa nickname invented by someone who thinks a straightforward sports reference is the height of wit, or it's a clever riff on Slippin' Jimmy's conman roots.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well remember, this is a person who prefers stevia to sugar.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
But what happens to the Vietnamese Nail Salon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My favorite bit was "No, I do. I'm the only person who could adequately explain the context of that tape. Otherwise the defense will tear it to shreds." Except there was no way for Jimmy to tear it to shreds without Chuck being there. Without Chuck to answer Jimmy's questions, it sounds pretty damning and there's not much he can say about it. Chuck being there is was screws it all up.

• Locked thread