Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Sorry to drag this back up from a couple pages back, but there was something I wanted to comment on.

Terper posted:

Speaking of Emma, when Rean asks her in CS1 at Lohengrin if her powers are some sort of church thing, Emma replies that it's the opposite. Those who use Thaumaturgy call on their powers from a higher plane, so the Hexen clan would then presumably call on their power from some sort of lower plane (not necessarily Gehenna). But if the witches are the "opposite" of the church, why are they tasked with guiding the Awakeners and the Divine Knights?

Seeing you mention this made me remember something. Emma practically shares a craft with Ries, specifically the one that recovers HP, CP, and can revive. I don't remember if they are a perfect match in terms of effects, but it seems kind of neat to think about along side your idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Star Door 1 stuff: the preset fight in there has a different loadout on each difficulty. That's more thought than I was expecting considering I thought most of the difficulties were slapped together for the PSP ports.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Amppelix posted:

I can't handle Tita forsaking her signature red color entirely from her outfit.

Her toolbox and shoes are red. :colbert:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Really Pants posted:

that's Joshua's tool belt, Joshua confirmed for CS3

I'd piss if Joshua/Estelle showed up. I doubt they will again for a while but man, I need more Estelle in my life.

Unreasonably excited for more Agate though.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, Agate looks a lot less like he is in a mood to punch someone than before.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

OddObserver posted:

Well, Agate looks a lot less like he is in a mood to punch someone than before.

Five years of surviving Erika's traps will change a man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

No matter what sexuality Olivier I think he's kind of a negative portrayal of that sexuality, so hopefully he's just straight.
begone. olivier owns and is my boyfriend.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
It's only been three! Which came as a surprise to me too, but it's barely been a year and a half after the end of CS1/2, which started around a year after the Third ended. I thought Tita would be around 18-19 and part of the school staff, not literally a student.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ah you can see battles seamlessly happening on the field in the middle of the last page. Hope that works out

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's possible that Estelle is a mom at this point in the timeline

Let that sink in

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Terper posted:

It's possible that Estelle is a mom at this point in the timeline

she's still far too young, I won't allow it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

estelle already is a mom *glancing at renne*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually i really wanna see 17ish/18ish year old renne.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So is Xanadu ex+ good and is it really coming west this year?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3rd ch.6 I brought Estelle and Joshua to Cassius and he pretty much told them it was ok to bring Renne home so that is the future I chose to believe in :unsmith:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SC Bracer posted:

It's only been three! Which came as a surprise to me too, but it's barely been a year and a half after the end of CS1/2, which started around a year after the Third ended. I thought Tita would be around 18-19 and part of the school staff, not literally a student.

She's probably 16. She goes from 12 to 13 between the end of SC and Third, so she presumably has an early birthday. So she's presumably 14 at the Start of CS, and then 2 years pass from the start of CS1 to CS3, so she should be 16.

Which puts Renne at 15, by the way, since as she mentions, she's a year younger than Tita. Which incidentally means she's the same age as Millium and Altina.

Meanwhile, Estelle was 18 at the start of Zero, so she's 20 now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Alternatively skip the math and note the 16 next to her name in the official art

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

Alternatively skip the math and note the 16 next to her name in the official art

I could do that, but that wouldn't let me extrapolate Renne and Estelle's ages.

It's actually kind of hard to tell with Renne just by going with what they tell you. She's one of the only characters who didn't get a year tacked on to their age between Third and Zero/Ao. I guess she has an end of year birthday? I'm not actually sure what's going on there.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 10, 2017

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Honestly Rean and Alisa looked so much older I just kinda thought CS3 was taking place later than it actually is. I can see she's 16 looking at the years (and also the 16 next to her name which is very helpful)

I can't believe my babies are grown up now.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You can tell Falcom really wanted to do a more significant timeskip but couldn't because they had already set a year for when ao ends and this game is about reaching that year.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... why is Renne talking with the enforcer trio about how they'll kill each other next time oddly cute.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I think people aging and even more so passing on the torch to a younger generation is just the end all best thing in story telling. Nothing has the same pinch as seeing that snot nosed kid be in his 20s with his own snot nosed kid.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Crabtree posted:

So is Xanadu ex+ good and is it really coming west this year?

I've heard yes and yes its coming to ps4 and pc, with the original vita version also coming to that platform.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Yeah, it's pretty good. There's a nice flow to getting combos in the dungeons which I liked. The ex+ version is better in every way; unless you really want to play it when out and about, I'd highly recommend getting that one.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Very Important: the PS4 version has extra story content that most likely wont be ported to Vita in anyway.

Also Applies to Ys 8. Honestly not sure why its being billed as the same game still.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Magazine scans confirm that Tita's belt and sneakers were a gift from "a family that was precious to her"

So Tita is literally just wearing Estelle's hand me down stregas.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

Magazine scans confirm that Tita's belt and sneakers were a gift from "a family that was precious to her"

So Tita is literally just wearing Estelle's hand me down stregas.

None of Estelle's shoes look anything like those! :colbert:

She probably bought her new ones.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Is there a trick to making the last boss of The Abyss spawn? I got to the bottom and no one was there.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You have to beat all the fiends without leaving the Abyss.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Terper posted:

You have to beat all the fiends without leaving the Abyss.

Welp. That would explain it. Time to do that then.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

here's another page

:eyepop:

and screenshots from famitsu

wish they'd move the buttons back down like in that first screenshot they put out

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

You forgot a world of trains.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
I'm just starting Chapter 3 of 3rd, and wow this is really getting interesting. I'd assumed it was common knowledge that Kevin straight up executed Weissman at the end of Second Chapter but apparently not...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh gently caress you, Nightmare Arena. Get Loewe down (and Cassius half down), suddenly Cassius decides to start spamming his AoE delays.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Star door 15: There is not a :stonk: big enough for a proper reaction.

I mean there's 'horrifying implications' and then there's this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What's a good strategy for the cannon guys in Silver Road if my team there is Ries, Kloe, Julia and Mueller? Besides loading autosave anyway.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

What's a good strategy for the cannon guys in Silver Road if my team there is Ries, Kloe, Julia and Mueller? Besides loading autosave anyway.

Sanctus Nova, Zeram Powder, Sanctus Nova again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

They are vulnerable to stat downs, so if you can cobble together a load out that gives Clock Down that could help out quite a bit. If you can get any of the other debuff spells they might also help a bit.