Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC - Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton, WWE Backlash, 4/30

WMOTYC - Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, WWE Backlash, 4/30

At least Strowman won and killed the big dog afterwards.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Kushida vs Zach Sabre Jr : April 13th RevPro

Neat mat based Jr match that had all sorts of good counters. Would like to see Kushida move up to heavy and wrestle like that

Second.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC Braun vs Roman - Payback 2017

MOTYC Orton vs Wyatt HOUSE OF HORRORS - Payback 2017

nthing both of these

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2017, 5/3
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale, NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2017, 5/3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm worried that Okada's star rating average might fall to a new low of 4.9999999999 :ohdear:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's kinda of amazing that Okada could take the rest of the year off and still win wrestler of the year based on the first 4 months

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

bad joke I couldn't figure out how to word properly.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 3, 2017

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Venomous posted:

Absolutely

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Omega/Ishii

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

Agreed

It's also amazing how different Okada's MOTYC/HM matches are. The match with Fale was more a classic Babyface vs Monster match and Okada sold like mad for it. He's hands down the best wrestler going right now.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Venomous posted:

Yes. Okada is the best wrestler on Earth right now and it's not even close.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 4, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HM: Kushida/Juice vs Hiromu/Naito, 05/03, Dontaku

This match was so fun and I can see myself rewatching it a bunch of times. Just loving wild from bell to bell.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This match was so fun and I can see myself rewatching it a bunch of times. Just loving wild from bell to bell.

I will agree with this. Really underrated match. I loved every minute of it. One of the highlights of what turned out to be a really strong card.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nthing this match along with Omega/Ishii II. I'd need a rewatch for Okada/Fale; the match just wasn't holding my interest after watching the rest of the show without breaks. But yeah, if you skipped this tag, you're kinda silly for doing so, considering the talent involved.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC Braun vs Roman - Payback 2017

MOTYC Orton vs Wyatt HOUSE OF HORRORS - Payback 2017

both these.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Volador Jr. vs Yoshitatsu CMLL Arena Mexico 3/3/17

One of the best wrestlers had a match that bad. Can't imagine how.

this was lost awhile back, but 2nd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74yORLhZR0

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Naito letting Hiromu talk to the IC belt was the highlight of the show.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Naito letting Hiromu talk to the IC belt was the highlight of the show.

I loved it. Takahashi is loving awesome, that crazy interview he gave before the ricochet match was great too.

I hope he gets a huge push as a heavyweight

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 5, 2017

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate Dead or Alive 2017, 5/5.

Every match on this show was real loving good and had something that was real fun. Best top to bottom show I've seen this year.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - CK-1 (Dragon Kid and CIMA) vs. Verserk (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)

Just a good old-fashioned heels cheating and beating up faces match. Lindaman and T-Hawk are a really good team and they reversed and avoided a bunch of CK-1's moves and spots like they had actually seen a match of theirs before. Really good.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Jimmy Kagetora vs. Takehiro Yamamura

Best Brave Gate match in a long time. No gently caress finish, didn't feel rushed, every near fall was bought into. Stellar match that achieves in half the time what most wrestlers struggle to do in a 30 minute epic. Yamamura has been having a killer loving year.

MOTY: Open the Dream Gate Dead or Alive Mask vs. Hair 5 Way Steel Cage Match: YAMATO vs. Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi vs. Cyber Kong

Jeezus. I don't know if it's possible for a wrestling match to be perfect, but I imagine it'd look like this. This match had loving everything. Stable warfare, wacky shenanigans, excellent wrestling, great storytelling, and high drama. Doubt there'll be a match this good the rest of the year.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
New Japan Dontaku

MOTYC - Omega vs. Ishii

HM - Okada vs. Fale
HM - Juice/Kushida vs. Naito/Takahashi

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Every match on this show was real loving good and had something that was real fun. Best top to bottom show I've seen this year.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - CK-1 (Dragon Kid and CIMA) vs. Verserk (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)

Just a good old-fashioned heels cheating and beating up faces match. Lindaman and T-Hawk are a really good team and they reversed and avoided a bunch of CK-1's moves and spots like they had actually seen a match of theirs before. Really good.

Best Brave Gate match in a long time. No gently caress finish, didn't feel rushed, every near fall was bought into. Stellar match that achieves in half the time what most wrestlers struggle to do in a 30 minute epic. Yamamura has been having a killer loving year.

MOTY: Open the Dream Gate Dead or Alive Mask vs. Hair 5 Way Steel Cage Match: YAMATO vs. Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi vs. Cyber Kong

Jeezus. I don't know if it's possible for a wrestling match to be perfect, but I imagine it'd look like this. This match had loving everything. Stable warfare, wacky shenanigans, excellent wrestling, great storytelling, and high drama. Doubt there'll be a match this good the rest of the year.

Seconding the nominations for the Twin and Brave Gate defenses, but I'm only going to go HM for the cage match. More than a few of the spots there have been in the match before in years past, with the big Verserk run-in in particular playing out very similarly to last year's match. Still worth a watch though, if only to see Cyber Kong attempt to climb a cage.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Nth all of these. What a fun show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

motyc zack sabre jr. vs mike elgin aaw take no prisoners 5/6/17

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Seconded. Stellar match.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

Thirded, just amazing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Nth

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
MOTYC: Trevor Lee vs. Chip Day (CWF Mid-Atlantic 4/26)

Those rednecks drat near killed each other.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: The Clusterfuck (Joey Janela's Spring Break) How was this so boring? Glacier is in there for 4 minutes and the rest is awful. Easily the most disappointing match of the year.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was hyped on novelty and irony and they hoped that it would be enough of a vehicle to carry it rather than put in any effort to make it good, which is crucial for an ironic endeavor. I abstain my vote.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
my literal actual favorite moment in wrestlemania weekend was the commentary in that match explaining the reason the for the wrestlers coming out at extremely irregular intervals was that everyone had to sit through youtube ads for their entrance music

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The clusterfuck wasn't even the worst match on the card. That'd go to the Pepper Parks/Cherry Bomb match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

both of those matches were good actually

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
HM: Roderick Strong vs Hideo Itami

Probably best NXT match for both of them. Great to see them both look like main eventers and awesome wrestlers.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The clusterfuck wasn't even the worst match on the card. That'd go to the Pepper Parks/Cherry Bomb match.

that match fuckin owned what the hell

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There's a lot of bad opinions here regarding Joey Janela's Spring Break, considering it was better than WM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who is Joey Janela?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You suck

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

that match fuckin owned what the hell

I can't think of anything on the card that was worse. I mean it was fine but everything on the rest of the show was much better to me. It sure as heck wasn't better than the Clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate: King of Gate Day 1, 5/9

HM: Eita vs. YAMATO

Hampered by one of the slow starts that YAMATO loves in his singles matches. Early part of the match was anchored at least by some pretty impressively smooth submission work and some really stiff srike exchanges. Picked up by the end and was real good.

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

Long awaited rematch to the best match of 2015. Didn't have the high drama of a Dream Gate title match but still, from start to finish, was an absolute war that subverted enough of their previous matche's spots that it managed to feel completely fresh.

• Locked thread