Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The amount of wailing, gnashing of teeth and "nice meltdown"s here on the forums have become my "game good?" gauge over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Saw it pointed out on another site that it's more efficient to fabricate actual weapons instead of their ammo schematics. If you fabricate the ammo you just get the ammo, whereas if you fabricate the weapon you get it with the same amount of ammo and now have an extra weapon to recycle for more materials. Most ammo schematics and weapon schematics have the same cost in the fabricator.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
There is nothing more sad than going to pick up a pack of neuromods and have them turn into a black inky fuckboy squid. poo poo makes me neuroUPSET.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
What's the purpose of October operator? Why did Alex have that Morgan tape in his office - it sounded like it was spliced from a few other logs and made to convince Morgan not to destroy the station.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hmmm, second play through and just got back to the lobby from the power plant and now Igwe and Mika are hostile, like they cannot attack me but they just kinda run around trying to hide. If I talk to January they chime in and have a conversation but I cannot talk to them at all.

Anyone had this issue?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Anyone know what those "the evacuation" books are talking sbout?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

As soon as I enter the main lift from the arboretum a bunch of random electrical explosions go off and kill me before I can do anything. Is there something I'm missing or is there some trick with running up a hidden stair case like battling the goat demon in Dark Souls or what

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
There's a technopath in there who immediately starts loving your poo poo up, you have to sprint out right away because it lights up the whole entryway with its electrical attack. Disruptor will wreck it if you have it.

E: if you literally can't move before you die then you need to heal and repair first

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Jealous reading about all these people who have opinions on the game, having finished it.

I'm stuck trying to locate loving Kaspar, who is outside the station somewhere, has no indicator despite me being on the beta patch, and i've been unable to find after several hours of searching.

Nimgimmer
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes kitties! Please fight!
Fun Shoe

Lokee posted:

There is nothing more sad than going to pick up a pack of neuromods and have them turn into a black inky fuckboy squid. poo poo makes me neuroUPSET.

And nothing more terrifying than seeing two coffee cups, having a "can't trick me you piece of poo poo" moment, and then the lamp next to you eats your face.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I went for a Psycho run and it was a lot of fun but apparently I didn't get the achievement for murdering everyone because some enemies killed each other/themselves. So watch out for that if you are an achievement person.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Quick yes/no question: Is it possible to complete the game without using any neuromods at all? Planning things for a 2nd run.

I don't need to know if it changes anything just curious for a self-imposed challenge.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Yes, there is an achievement for it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Red Mundus posted:

Quick yes/no question: Is it possible to complete the game without using any neuromods at all? Planning things for a 2nd run.

I don't need to know if it changes anything just curious for a self-imposed challenge.

There's an achievement for it so I assume so.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I just started today and have been loving it. I Think i've spent like 3 hours in the Lobby before heading to next objective. At some point I notice that the Lobby bathroom that I had previously cleared had a bunch of GLOO blocking it. I noticed after I was looking or all the bodies in the lobby.

For some Reason I can't seem to get past the GLOO blocking the lobby women's bathroom. Even if I destroy it, There seems to be an invisible wall blocking the entrance in the shape of the GLOO. I looked it up online and apparently stuff does spawn in there after you've been in there once but I can't get it. I've tried everything.

Is there a console for this game? I just need to noclip for like two seconds. Has anyone else had this problem with destroyed Gloo?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

about that spoilered picture last page: thats a picture of the real chef that the fat greasy russian oval office impersonated, he must have got to the room first to cover his tracks. i discovered he was an imposter while getting the medal, but theres no story option to take care of things that way, maybe if you hack the door and disruptor him the game acknowledges it? i doubt it tbh

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ending spoilers: im also dissapointed that blowing up the station after january knocks out alex doesnt give any consideration to your unsonscious brother. i tried to drag him out of the bridge knowing that it wouldnt work, but the game didnt even acknowledge that you were just abandoning your own brother to die thanks to Siri using violence against a human being

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Just finished this game.

I was kind of surprised how they stopped giving you weapons 20% of the way through. The shotgun turned out to be the most powerful thing in the game by far. Because of that the difficulty really fell off by the end. I did a full human build of no typhon powers, practically maxed out everything good on the top three skill trees, and had no trouble at all. The game was fun though, I don't mean to imply it wasn't.

I'm sure others have been saying it behind the black bars up there, but boy what a trash ending.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
I've generally avoided spoilers so I've not read through much of the thread, but can anyone give some advice on whether the Typhon powers are worth pursuing? In particular, are there any nasty story ramifications from acquiring them? The dialog about them was rather nebulous about the cost, aside from the impact on turrets.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Welp, I'm at the point where I'm pretty much kitted out with all the upgrades I would want, I don't feel scared by any of the enemies and it's actually more trouble than it's worth fighting them (I have 40 exotic material and I don't actually want any more neuromods) and yet I have a ton of sidequests in my log

Edit: Wow, I just did the sidequest that uses the Deep Storage terminal and I hadn't really considered actually going through with the blow-up-the-station plan, but now... :(

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 11, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

HORMELCHILI posted:

ending spoilers: im also dissapointed that blowing up the station after january knocks out alex doesnt give any consideration to your unsonscious brother. i tried to drag him out of the bridge knowing that it wouldnt work, but the game didnt even acknowledge that you were just abandoning your own brother to die thanks to Siri using violence against a human being

Even if you take January out, leaving Alex awake, he won't leave the station. Shame you can't drag his fat rear end all the way into the escape shuttle.

Brackhar posted:

can anyone give some advice on whether the Typhon powers are worth pursuing? In particular, are there any nasty story ramifications from acquiring them? The dialog about them was rather nebulous about the cost, aside from the impact on turrets.

Some in particular get really high powered maxed out. You don't "need" them to finish the game, tho just one point in mimic matter saved me a bunch of time.

Turrets don't get shooty until you install a few Typhon mods. Even after that any you manufacture are safe, and you can hack existing turrets.

There's maybe extra dialogue for installing them, if anything. Nothing bad.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 11, 2017

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

There's a technopath in there who immediately starts loving your poo poo up, you have to sprint out right away because it lights up the whole entryway with its electrical attack. Disruptor will wreck it if you have it.

E: if you literally can't move before you die then you need to heal and repair first

Yeah I managed to get past it by throwing recycler bombs all over the place at random until I took out the two robot sidekicks, and then I was able to stunlock the technopath with the Disruptor.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lakbay posted:

I still think Necropsy is dubious because I don't have it this run and I'm swimming in exotic materials still
The necropsy bonus on mimics gets you a moderate amount of the other materials.

CJacobs posted:

Other things the Gloo gun does that blew my mind:
- It destroys cysts and the resulting bombs instantly
WHAT

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
When do ya get the first recycler grenade? I've cleared the lobby and starting area

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

Caidin posted:

Hmmm, second play through and just got back to the lobby from the power plant and now Igwe and Mika are hostile, like they cannot attack me but they just kinda run around trying to hide. If I talk to January they chime in and have a conversation but I cannot talk to them at all.

Anyone had this issue?

Did you use an alien power near them? They don't like that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Truecon420 posted:

When do ya get the first recycler grenade? I've cleared the lobby and starting area
In the next area.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No, January, the thing in the Lift is not unknown, I've already killed like a dozen of them.

The game has been pretty good about reacting to different paths so that call was a pretty funny aberration

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, January, the thing in the Lift is not unknown, I've already killed like a dozen of them.

The game has been pretty good about reacting to different paths so that call was a pretty funny aberration

How have you killed a dozen technopaths? Do more of them appear in Nightmare difficulty?
In my Hard difficulty playthrough, there was one in Fabrication, one in the lift and one in the Reactor room, at least until the Apex Typhon shows up.

enigmatikone fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 11, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So I ran into my first nightmare and January is saying it appeared after I installed the alien neuromods. I haven't taken any typhon neuromods yet, so I guess the normal ones count as alien too?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Bugblatter posted:

So I ran into my first nightmare and January is saying it appeared after I installed the alien neuromods. I haven't taken any typhon neuromods yet, so I guess the normal ones count as alien too?

I thought maybe they changed the pacing after recording the lines and this was a mistake, but it turns out that all mods are made from aliens that were made from people.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Red Mundus posted:

Something interesting with IGN's Prey review.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/05/11/prey-review-2

They gave it a 4 because of a gamebreaking bug.

What stands out to me is that I've never seen a reviewer do that before. Usually they'll delay the review or put up a no score with a warning that the game could not be completed.

Game Spot gave it a 6, and did not have the game breaking bug. panned it for being misleading and uninspiring, The critic in me kinda wants to say they are giving them worse, or crappy reviews purposely as an act of defiant of Bethesdas new review policy, I think Prey is the first game on it too

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014
was just scrolling through achievements (havent finished the game yet) and realized that the intro test question about pushing a fat guy in front the train has quite a familial significance.
yes i am dumb.

Gesadt fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 11, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

enigmatikone posted:

How have you killed a dozen technopaths? Do more of them appear in Nightmare difficulty?
In my Hard difficulty playthrough, there was one in Fabrication, one in the lift and one in the Reactor room, at least until the Apex Typhon shows up.

I'm playing on Normal, but they have often shown up when exploring hull breaches, and they have also shown up back in older areas after story progression as I've been backtracking for sidequests

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How big of a deal is turrets attacking you? Should I save going full alien mods for a 2nd playthrough?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

How big of a deal is turrets attacking you? Should I save going full alien mods for a 2nd playthrough?

90% of the turrets you find are busted, it's not a big deal at all. And you can hack them before repairing and they wont fire on you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, the Gloo Gun will stop them up so they can't shoot you if they're hostile iirc, which gives you ample time to just walk up and hack them or bust them. You could use the stun gun or throw an EMP grenade but Gloo supremacy reigns as usual.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I have done a bunch of sidequests and I have two scavenger hunt-type quests left. I normally hate doing these, are they worthwhile

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

RatHat posted:

Turrets are garbage. They lose 1 on 1 vs Phantoms and going alien lets you make upgraded Phantoms from corpses.

If people actually care about achievements they really should just do a no mod playthrough instead, since that is also an achievement. Just get to the very end and spend a few mods for human/alien and reload the game and do the opposite.

Playing with alien mods without the human psy mods sounds horrible. Playing without the ability to turn into a coffee cup also seems limiting. Just take what looks fun.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

CJacobs posted:

Also, the Gloo Gun will stop them up so they can't shoot you if they're hostile iirc

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Turrets are actually pretty good against standard enemies as long as you can keep them focused on you.

You'll be getting tons of scrap anyway, so it doesn't hurt to fortify them.