Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

beejay posted:

Continuing the fine tradition of posting a screenshot with no obvious problems and insinuating there's problems.
Yea, is the problem supposed to be their team? I don't think you can blame the matchmaker when you queue as four with a weird and probably bad comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That's nothing, I was watching a stream last night and the poor bastard got put into a 2 Master, 3 Diamond vs 4 Master, 1GM match.

His team won.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

beejay posted:

Continuing the fine tradition of posting a screenshot with no obvious problems and insinuating there's problems.

I assume the problem is Rexxar as the only warrior vs ETC and Jo, but yeah. If you have a four stack with Rexxar as your only warrior, I kind of feel you should expect that to happen.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here is where I post my unpopular opinion as someone who has played since alpha. The majority of overwatch characters added have been bad for the game.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Zotix posted:

Here is where I post my unpopular opinion as someone who has played since alpha. The majority of overwatch characters added have been bad for the game.

The game was never good in the first place, we just play it anyway.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Other than the fact that I don't like the choices they've made (give me Mercy or Torbjorn any day) the only OW character that has bugged me once they've had their initial balance tweaks is Zarya. I'm not even 100% sure why, since I love shields and absorbs as a concept. It's entirely feelycraft on my part, she just feels like she detracts from matches she's in to me.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Now that D'Va is in though, you can queue as D'va, Zarya, Tracer, Genji and Lucio and still have a solid team (while also making your opponents that dislike Overwatch froth in rage).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mercy and Thorbjorn are unlikely because they would be thematically too similiar to Morales and Gazlowe I think. Thorb's kit would be pretty easy to transfer if they were willing to add another turret hero though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I see the words "I main carry and split push" and my heart sinks.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Eeepies posted:

Now that D'Va is in though, you can queue as D'va, Zarya, Tracer, Genji and Lucio and still have a solid team (while also making your opponents that dislike Overwatch froth in rage).

It's also a decent party for OW itself! Only missing a Zenyatta and it's a decent dive comp.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D.Va is going to be infuriating to play against in QM, especially with her level 16 talent that gives her a free mech reset on every takedown. You don't even have to hit the bad guy for it to activate, just be relatively near an enemy when they die.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Avalerion posted:

Mercy and Thorbjorn are unlikely because they would be thematically too similiar to Morales and Gazlowe I think. Thorb's kit would be pretty easy to transfer if they were willing to add another turret hero though.

Oh I fully agree. They're just who I would like, I don't think they're high on the likely list.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

wiegieman posted:

The change from heal as you damage to heal at the end of minigun completely broke That's the Stuff and removed Tychus's only source of sustain.

Yeah I noticed that change and immediately thought "well that's trash now"

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Cuntellectual posted:

I want ANY new skin for tlv. :saddowns:

TLV got no skins, sprays, or banners for 2.0, and the current map rotation is horrible for them, as their tanked winrate shows. They are the biggest losers of 2.0. There are tons of heroes that poo poo on them now and they're only good on a few maps that everybody hates. Because their skins would be the most expensive to make, they'll never get them, and their pickrate would indicate they will never be reworked again. Poor guys :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Olaf The Stout posted:

TLV got no skins, sprays, or banners for 2.0, and the current map rotation is horrible for them, as their tanked winrate shows. They are the biggest losers of 2.0. There are tons of heroes that poo poo on them now and they're only good on a few maps that everybody hates. Because their skins would be the most expensive to make, they'll never get them, and their pickrate would indicate they will never be reworked again. Poor guys :(

Aren't they great on Hanamura when not banned?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shouldn't their pick rate be alarm bells that they need a massive overhaul?

I'm assuming their pick rate is in the dumpster.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
TLV is a highly specialized draft-around hero that's only playable on half the available maps, you expect them to have low pick rates. The time for a massive overhaul is either when they stop being played in competitive, or if their pick rates ever get abnormally high (which would mean something is horribly horribly wrong).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Gustav posted:

TLV is a highly specialized draft-around hero that's only playable on half the available maps, you expect them to have low pick rates. The time for a massive overhaul is either when they stop being played in competitive, or if their pick rates ever get abnormally high (which would mean something is horribly horribly wrong).

Like when they were new and viking longboat was basically a button that won you team fights.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Nephzinho posted:

Aren't they great on Hanamura when not banned?

At Master level, it's their hardest viable map. Even at Diamond their winrate drops to 44.6% on that map.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Tlv are a blast on hanamura at my garbage rank.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The bigger they are is a total trap if you ask me. If the enemy is getting hit by your allies, and tychus is a team fighter, then they're going to turn off your bonus damage. You're trading your ability to secure kills to spook people. Like you said he likes longer fights, anyway.

Nah, Bigger They Are is the main reason to play Tychus now. You burst down their out of position guy with it. And often times the out of position guy is their tank so they can't fight once he's dead or retreated.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I've got four legendary skins since I started this game, three of which are Mecha skins for heroes that I don't have yet. Not having the heroes is not a big issue, but I don't even like that mecha style :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bolivar posted:

I've got four legendary skins since I started this game, three of which are Mecha skins for heroes that I don't have yet. Not having the heroes is not a big issue, but I don't even like that mecha style :negative:

Is one of them Dehaka? Give me the Dehaka one please

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

bamhand posted:

Nah, Bigger They Are is the main reason to play Tychus now. You burst down their out of position guy with it. And often times the out of position guy is their tank so they can't fight once he's dead or retreated.

Looks like they buffed it twice since I've used it but I'm still skeptical. But with the change in the healing talent the rhythm dream is dead. I suppose it's enemy team dependant, which is good design. If it is easy to get stacks then it's easy to put them to use, and you only get more and more of a problem for warriors that have to wade in. But everyone else the +1.5% health damage might be worth it

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The bigger issue is that with how short Tychus's range is now he can really only punish the enemy team that walks/dives into your team so you'll mainly be shooting a tank/bruiser. The extra burst to murder the guy diving in is really good. For what it's worth, pro team almost exclusively pick The Bigger They Are. If you're not looking to burst down a guy diving into your team you probably just shouldn't pick Tychus. He's much less of an all around good DPS now and more for punishing teams that want to get and stay in your face.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Avalerion posted:

They've said Mercy is on the list (though that list has hundreds of heroes) but I don't think they'd avoid making her because of any similarity to Morales since they've been asked that sort of question before and the response was that they're fine with having some similar abilities as long as the overall hero pool is diverse, or something like that.

Having said that, I can't really see how they could put Mercy into the game and keep her iconic voice line because you just can't have a full group rez in a moba. It would either have to be drastically different to its Overwatch incarnation, or have some huge restriction like once-per-game or a 10min+ cooldown, and I don't think they'd want to explore that particular design space.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Is one of them Dehaka? Give me the Dehaka one please

Yeah I think I got that at level 2 or 3. You give me Dehaka hero, I give you skin, yesyes? :parrot:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Kalko posted:

They've said Mercy is on the list (though that list has hundreds of heroes) but I don't think they'd avoid making her because of any similarity to Morales since they've been asked that sort of question before and the response was that they're fine with having some similar abilities as long as the overall hero pool is diverse, or something like that.

Having said that, I can't really see how they could put Mercy into the game and keep her iconic voice line because you just can't have a full group rez in a moba. It would either have to be drastically different to its Overwatch incarnation, or have some huge restriction like once-per-game or a 10min+ cooldown, and I don't think they'd want to explore that particular design space.

This particular hero never dies.

It'd probably be a group AOE heal + a very weak Divine Palm effect.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It could be a temporary rez, after 10 seconds people die again

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Mercy seems unlikely without a total re-imagining because the resurrection gimmick is already covered by Auriel and her healing functions so similarly to Morales. I think of the remaining Overwatch heroes, Reinhardt offers an easily transferable + unique kit while already having some bomb-rear end skins for the item shop. Sombra or Symmetra could be interesting, Pharah too for the mobility. The rest already have a lot of overlap with existing HotS characters so it would be hard for them to find a niche without some redesigns.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A Tyrande skin but it's Hanzo and Zenyatta teaming up.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Mercy's ultimate will be her complaining about her team not keeping her safe so that she can ult

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think Junkrat could be a good hots hero. Bouncing bombs around nooks to harass people going for camps could be neat

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Reaper would be easy to insert and would work really well in this game.

Zenyatta, too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Reaper does nothing interesting in either his basic design or movement that aren't already covered by like half a dozen other heroes.

Junkrat could be pretty cool if they played up his concussive mine physics gimmick.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

exquisite tea posted:

Reaper does nothing interesting in either his basic design or movement that aren't already covered by like half a dozen other heroes.

Riiight and those half dozen heroes presumably also don't do anything interesting that isn't already covered by 5 other heroes. That doesn't automatically mean they aren't good designs.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sombra is all about the silences, I'd imagine, and at-will +movement speed stealth for her mount.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Minorkos posted:

Mercy's ultimate will be her complaining about her team not keeping her safe so that she can ult

A little too similar to genji's ultimate

Which is to dive the enemy team's back line then complain about a lack of healing.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Bogart posted:

Sombra is all about the silences, I'd imagine, and at-will +movement speed stealth for her mount.

I'd be neat if they made her meta and let her hack HotS itself for buffs or debuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zenyatta would be amazingly fun in hots