Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

Local Leader rank 1?

That ships junk. I mean items.

On a different note, is there any mod to let me see the generated Navmesh in settlements so I can see if it's hosed up or not?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Eraflure posted:

So I'm trying out Horizon and I don't have any of the ammo trouble I hear everyone talking about. Between the vault 111 freebies, the 50 fusion cells Garvey gives and every raider giving me ammo, I'm pretty much set for the next levels. I don't have any other overhaul/loot modification installed, am I just missing something here? I'm just not feeling the super hardcore vibe. It's a shame because the mod looks promising.

Did you switch your game to survival difficulty after starting? I am still struggling for ammo even after reaching Diamond City, and I only did that because I was so desperate for a companion who could carry things and shoot. I previously tried to take corvega and ran out of ammo not even half way through.

You should be looting mostly damaged rounds from dead bodies and containers, not real bullets. If you are seeing lots of bullets something is wrong.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

MikeJF posted:

Anyone got a mod suggestion to let me set up places where I can ship items back to my main home (preferably to a special drop-off chest rather than the main workbench) instead of me having to travel back to Greygarden each time I want to clean out?

Salvage Beacons let you queue up deliveries of anything you can stick in a container, but it all winds up in a workbench at the end.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Is Nexus using some bad ads as of late? I got Adblock and Noscript running and with permissions being temporarily allowed, clicking around the mod page occasionally gets me redirected to a shady-looking link, and clicking the Files tab to try and start a download just reloads the page (and sometimes redirects too). This wasn't a problem a week or so before.

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

toasterwarrior posted:

Is Nexus using some bad ads as of late? I got Adblock and Noscript running and with permissions being temporarily allowed, clicking around the mod page occasionally gets me redirected to a shady-looking link, and clicking the Files tab to try and start a download just reloads the page (and sometimes redirects too). This wasn't a problem a week or so before.

I would not be surprised if Nexus had bad ads. Scan your 'puter just to be sure and never disable Adblock etc. Only site that gets a bit of leeway from me is my bank's website.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

Did you switch your game to survival difficulty after starting?

I started a new game on survival with a fresh installation. Should I switch the difficulty after starting instead?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Heads up, F4SE got a new beta and it looks promising.

code:
- Fixed script unique event registration
- Added template serialization of VM for Latent functions
- Added object serialization interface
- Added Scaleform to Papyrus Adapters
- Added Scaleform functions:
    -AllowTextInput
    -SendExternalEvent
    -CallFunctionNoWait
- Added UI Functions:
    -Set/Get/Invoke
- Added ScriptObject Functions:
    -Un/RegisterForExternalEvent
    -Un/RegisterForCameraState
- Added ObjectReference Functions:
    -GetConnectedObjects
    -AttachWire (Creates a disabled wire)
    -CreateWire (non-native to Create and enable)
    -GetDisplayName
- Added Utility Functions:
    -VarToVarArray
    -VarArrayToVar
- Added Actor Functions:
    -QueueUpdate
    -GetInstanceOwner
- Added ActorBase Functions:
    -Get/SetBodyWeight
- Added Form functions:
    -Set/GetName
    -Set/GetWeight
    -SetGoldValue
    -GetKeywords
    -HasWorldModel
    -Set/GetWorldModelPath
    -Set/GetIconPath
    -Set/GetMessageIconPath
    -Set/GetEnchantment
    -Set/GetEnchantmentValue
    -Set/GetEquipType
    -GetDescription
- Added Weapon functions:
    -Set/GetEmbeddedMod
    -GetInstanceOwner
- Added new InstanceData global class functions:
    -Set/GetAttackDamage
    -Set/GetDamageTypes
    -Set/GetAmmoCapacity
    -Set/GetAccuracyBonus
    -Set/GetActionPointCost
    -Set/GetAttackDelay
    -Set/GetOutOfRangeMultiplier
    -Set/GetReloadSpeed
    -Set/GetReach
    -Set/GetMinRange
    -Set/GetMaxRange
    -Set/GetSpeed
    -Set/GetStagger
    -Set/GetMeleeSpeed
    -Set/GetSkill
    -Set/GetResist
    -Set/GetCritMultiplier
    -Set/GetCritChargeBonus
    -Set/GetProjectileOverride
    -Set/GetNumProjectiles
    -Set/GetSightedTransition
- Added ObjectMod functions:
    -GetPropertyModifiers
    -Set/GetMaxRank
    -Set/GetPriority
    -GetLooseMod
- Added Cell functions:
    -GetWaterType
- Added WaterType functions:
    -Set/GetConsumeSpell
    -Set/GetContactSpell
- Added Perk functions:
    -IsPlayable
    -IsHidden
    -GetLevel
    -GetNumRanks
    -GetNextPerk
    -GetSWFPath
    -IsEligible
- Added Scaleform Translation Injection via Interface/Translations/ModName_en.txt

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

beyonder posted:

I would not be surprised if Nexus had bad ads. Scan your 'puter just to be sure and never disable Adblock etc. Only site that gets a bit of leeway from me is my bank's website.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Nexus and any other website getting supplied with the current wave of ads by whoever right now. Judging from the links they're pushing some mobile apps or whatever.

drat shame, I wanted to try out the new Horizon weapons pack but I guess I'll have to wait since it doesn't seem to be working out, even with permissions allowed to the sanest degree.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Has anyone tried NAC 1.0 test build?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 11, 2017

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Eraflure posted:

So I'm trying out Horizon and I don't have any of the ammo trouble I hear everyone talking about. Between the vault 111 freebies, the 50 fusion cells Garvey gives and every raider giving me ammo, I'm pretty much set for the next levels. I don't have any other overhaul/loot modification installed, am I just missing something here? I'm just not feeling the super hardcore vibe. It's a shame because the mod looks promising.

Maybe post your load order; I've been avoiding using guns whenever practical and relying on melee weapons to save ammo, and after Corvega I was +30 .38 and -80 10mm, and only my chestpiece & one leg of my power armor still unbroken. I'm level 8 right now and have just finished Danse's intro quest, and I've only got about 150 .38, 100 10mm, and 250 fusion cells saved up.

It's interesting how the rebalance has changed my thinking; since I can make medicated bandages relatively cheaply, whenever I come up against an enemy I try and figure out if the extra damage I'll take charging into melee is less expensive to heal than the 4 or 5 bullets I'd spend shooting him at range. For raiders I've found the answer is usually yes, unless they have an automatic weapon.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Someone at one point, although I can't find the post now, linked to a nac/true storms compatibility patch which I have installed. However, it's looking for an ESP from NAC but NAC doesn't have one, it has an esm. Did I get the wrong patch or what?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

beyonder posted:

One could also just drop the 2 bucks or whatever it is to get the no-ads version of the site. Yes, it's *gasp* giving Nexus money but whatever, it's 2 dollars (or 1.29 pounds)

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 11, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CascadeBeta posted:

Someone at one point, although I can't find the post now, linked to a nac/true storms compatibility patch which I have installed. However, it's looking for an ESP from NAC but NAC doesn't have one, it has an esm. Did I get the wrong patch or what?

That's for an old version of NAC. You don't need compatibility patches for .9.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 11, 2017

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

toasterwarrior posted:

Adblock is compromised and useless. Use ublock.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

TheTrend posted:

Adblock is compromised and useless. Use ublock.

Hey, you're right, it totally stopped the redirecting! Thanks!

Unfortunately I still can't switch tabs nor log in (not that that's a good idea ATM), so it looks like I have to wait for the Nexus to shut these ads down or whatever.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
i guess i've learned how farms in sim settlements always seem to be on level ground

shame, i wanted the farms on the parapets, and the courtyard to be for buildings.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

horse mans posted:

i guess i've learned how farms in sim settlements always seem to be on level ground

shame, i wanted the farms on the parapets, and the courtyard to be for buildings.

Uh, which mod is doing that? There's no reason that someone couldn't just make a new mesh for their farm plots. That's really lazy.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

turn off the TV posted:

Uh, which mod is doing that? There's no reason that someone couldn't just make a new mesh for their farm plots. That's really lazy.

It's the farms filled in by Sim Settlements when a plot is placed. I haven't installed any additional plot designs, to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: And to be clear, I don't consider it lazy. It's a clever way of dealing with the problem of presentable farm plots. Just make a set piece that will always find its floor, 99% of the time. It just doesn't work on tall, narrow placements.

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 12, 2017

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

horse mans posted:

It's the farms filled in by Sim Settlements when a plot is placed. I haven't installed any additional plot designs, to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: And to be clear, I don't consider it lazy. It's a clever way of dealing with the problem of presentable farm plots. Just make a set piece that will always find its floor, 99% of the time. It just doesn't work on tall, narrow placements.

One of the SIM settlement mods adds some new agriculture plots that are on foundations and use planters. That might help you.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Hey guys I'm starting a new play through and armor smith extended seems to keep glitching out on me. When I use the bench and select an item to build it won't let me back out and hard locks the UI. I can still see my dude moving around in the background, and the game hasn't crashed. The menu just stops working. I have the AKWC or whatever as well as mo2. Any ideas? If you need more info I can probably take some screens.

toasterwarrior posted:

Hey, you're right, it totally stopped the redirecting! Thanks!

Unfortunately I still can't switch tabs nor log in (not that that's a good idea ATM), so it looks like I have to wait for the Nexus to shut these ads down or whatever.

Glad that worked out.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

TheTrend posted:

Hey guys I'm starting a new play through and armor smith extended seems to keep glitching out on me. When I use the bench and select an item to build it won't let me back out and hard locks the UI. I can still see my dude moving around in the background, and the game hasn't crashed. The menu just stops working. I have the AKWC or whatever as well as mo2. Any ideas? If you need more info I can probably take some screens.

Glad that worked out.

I don't know about your issue but I have pantsless guards in diamond city with armorsmith.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Was Perk Overhaul 2.0 ever updated to work with Nuka World, and if not are there other mods that make the perk spread better?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't know about your issue but I have pantsless guards in diamond city with armorsmith.

Makes sense, he needs the freedom down there to heal.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

CascadeBeta posted:

There are many different kinds of Freedom. :patriot:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

My crops stopped regenerating and I want to know why. At first there were a handful of carrots that could grow but now I've got a full garden of dead plants, all assigned to farmers.

Anything on this list that jumps out in terms of possibly breaking that system?

quote:

GameMode=Fallout4
Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
Skibs-223PistolRedux.esp=1
45autoPistol.esp=1
10mmSMG.esp=1
SigSauer127.esp=1
ChinaLakeandHolorifle.esp=1
CrudeBlowback.esp=1
CrudeBlowback - AWKCR.esp=1
Fusion Gun.esp=1
HandmadeRevolver.esp=1
HandmadeRevolver - AWKCR-VIS.esp=1
HuntingShotgun.esp=1
M1Garand.esp=1
M1Garand - AWKCR-VIS.esp=1
Plasma Cycler.esp=1
AEAR01.esp=1
The Avenger.esp=1
MMsLaserRCW.esp=1
PipeShotgun.esp=1
PipeShotgun-AWKCR.esp=1
UniqueUniques.esp=1
Vault-Tec_MPL.esp=1
WBO-Automatron.esp=1
WBO.esp=1
AssaultronTankLeg.esp=1
PlaneWreck.esp=1
def_inv_scrap_en.esp=1
DialogueFarmFix.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
Faster Terminal Displays (10x).esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
InstituteNoFog.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Wasteland Workshop.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Contraptions.esp=1
RagdollCollision.esp=1
ShorterNPCgreeting.esp=1
SleepOrSave.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
DD_All_the_COncrete.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp=1
VaultBoyTurret.esp=1
My_Minutemen.esp=1
Weightless_Overdue_Books.esp=1
1GhoulMask.esp=1
CommonwealthChallenges.esp=1
NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp=1
LF_Backpacks.esp=1
AA Subways of the Commonwealth.esp=1
LaserCannon.esp=1
Cleaner AIO Environment Indoor and Outdoor.esp=1
BrahminTipper.esp=1
BetterTraps.esp=1
more bos t45.esp=1
HeavyGunnerArmor.esp=1
Bozar.esp=1
CricketBat.esp=1
10mmRevolver.esp=1

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Starting a 2nd playthrough with all the DLC, looking to do a power suit build. Any suggestions for some non invasive mods that might improve my quality of life out there?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Lokee posted:

Starting a 2nd playthrough with all the DLC, looking to do a power suit build. Any suggestions for some non invasive mods that might improve my quality of life out there?

If you want to make getting a good suit of involve some effort then Some Assembly Required is interesting. It makes Power Armour a lot rarer, and a lot of dungeon end rooms have a couple of pieces scattered around the steamer trunk. There is only one whole suit of X-01 in the whole commonwealth and it's pieces are scattered all over the place. The only way to get t-60 is to join the brotherhood, and you need to get on the Prydwind somehow to get one of the X-01 pieces as well.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12050/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17859/ (This is a patch to re-add a lot of the legendary power armour pieces added in the later dlc, like the Automatron Tesla pieces)

I would recommend Sim Settlements too if you are going to do some settlement stuff. It takes so much hassle out of setting things up and there is a nice progression watching your guys upgrade their houses and farms automatically. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872/

I would definitely recommend Raider Overhaul as well. It adds some nice variety to one of the most common enemy types in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9103/

Oh and if nobody has seen it yet True Grass is really really good. Instead of one type of grass repeated across the ground it a wide variety of types, from dying rusty coloured bushes and shrubs to patches of more verdent grass and a mix of weeds. Just make sure you can handle a decent draw distance. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23469/

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Phrosphor posted:

I would recommend Sim Settlements too if you are going to do some settlement stuff. It takes so much hassle out of setting things up and there is a nice progression watching your guys upgrade their houses and farms automatically. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872/

This is nuts, is it as cool as it looks?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Basic Chunnel posted:

This is nuts, is it as cool as it looks?

My experiences with it are that it is great. The guy making it is patching it weekly as well, he releases regular youtube videos about it. There are also several plugin mods already adding new houses to add the houses already in it. I have had some frustrations with getting settlers to auto pick a plot and build a house themselves recently, not sure if that is my game or not.

The only think I would say is that it doesn't seem to like unique NPC's as much as generic settlers, and that I can't get HUD Framework and DEFui to work nicely with each other even with the patch. You can still use it without HUD Framework, but it makes things a Lot easier.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Here is one of my random settlers houses, to prove Sim Settlements owns. I didn't do anything except say "build a house here"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
The lovely attempt at painting a magazine cover is what really sells it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

New versions of NAC and PRC were released about 20 days ago without me realizing it. They look pretty good, although the whites are a bit too strong.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno what it is about those colour correcting mods but they make my eyes water. Everything looks so crushed together.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno what it is about those colour correcting mods but they make my eyes water. Everything looks so crushed together.

Yeah, like I said the white point is really messed up. Here's what it looks like after some tinkering:

What really amazes me are the people who use this ENB that hit hot files on the Nexus a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOH6wg1CzE

Grayscale simulator.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah, like I said the white point is really messed up. Here's what it looks like after some tinkering:

What really amazes me are the people who use this ENB that hit hot files on the Nexus a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOH6wg1CzE

Grayscale simulator.

Did you do the changes to NAC or someone else? What did they/you change? That looks great.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gonkish posted:

Did you do the changes to NAC or someone else? What did they/you change? That looks great.

It's just NAC in that screenshot, but unfortunately there seems to have a bug with the sun intensity settings I was using. I've had to tweak some settings in both PRC's enbseries.ini, enbeffect.ini and NAC to get it looking similar.

The settings in NAC are

Saturation: up 3
Gamma: down 1
HDR contrast: up 1

Here are my .inis.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx0wRGisCt_cHFFY2pGM3ZtVnc/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwx0wRGisCt_dDV6Z0UtdXVsNUk/view?usp=sharing

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 18, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I realize this is the modding thread, but I've run into an issue with FO4 and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight. I originally played through using a 970 with maxed settings and TXAA without issues. Now I'm using a 980ti and when TXAA is enabled, I get a very distracting white flicker on nearly all trees and bushes. FXAA looks like garbage and I'm usually fine with no AA at 1440, but there are just too many jagged edges for my taste.

The only workaround I've seen is to force AA through inspector and leave TXAA enabled, but my framerate drops from a solid 72 (half my refresh rate) to 20-30 FPS even in generally barren areas. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

edit: Re-enabled TXAA after changing absolutely nothing else and it is working fine again. :iiam:

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 17, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

E:

Can anyone who is good at computer explain why looking in certain directions causes the LOD to create up 10k+ draw calls?

Bloodplay it again posted:

I realize this is the modding thread, but I've run into an issue with FO4 and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some insight. I originally played through using a 970 with maxed settings and TXAA without issues. Now I'm using a 980ti and when TXAA is enabled, I get a very distracting white flicker on nearly all trees and bushes. FXAA looks like garbage and I'm usually fine with no AA at 1440, but there are just too many jagged edges for my taste.

The only workaround I've seen is to force AA through inspector and leave TXAA enabled, but my framerate drops from a solid 72 (half my refresh rate) to 20-30 FPS even in generally barren areas. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

edit: Re-enabled TXAA after changing absolutely nothing else and it is working fine again. :iiam:

For what it's worth there's a good chance that's your godray quality at fault. The setting controls how well volumetric lighting is filtered, or something like that. At lower values it causes tons of artifacts around certain materials.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 17, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

E:

Can anyone who is good at computer explain why looking in certain directions causes the LOD to create up 10k+ draw calls?

why : bethesda, i guess its similar to those meshes you found with meaningless extra tri's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

E:

My best is that the game is not actually using the optimized pregened LOD files and is issuing a draw call for each distant object. Why the engine is doing this I have no idea beyond a setting you've changed in the ini or some mod you're using is mucking up the engine.