Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

quote:

I don't want to run for office because I have this secret that prevents me from running for office. Also I don't want to run for office. Also I don't want to tell people about my secret that prevents me from running for office because they might use it against me(by keeping me from running for office, which I do not want to do).

Please don't run for office; because you are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Solice Kirsk posted:

You can't just hint at butthole pictures and not post them. I don't have another Greedo thread in me right now.

sent you a pm

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Please don't run for office because you are dumb.

Might actually qualify him for it.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The confession is fake, we know that now, but if you think sexual harassment at the workplace is ok and you should just "overcome mild awkwardness" when you've been a victim of it, then you're either dumb, too edgy for me, or just the kind of dude that would sexually harass a coworker.

Even if you're not scandalized by an email containing the spread open anus of a guy you eat meals with everyday, it's still a Bad Thing and he would still be guilty of sexual harassment, which should be acted upon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

solice kirsk definiteely shouldn't open the PM i sent him at work if he wants to avoid firing for sexual harassment

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:stare: Yup...that's a few pictures of a prolapsed anus alright. Don't know what I was expecting...

Jose posted:

solice kirsk definiteely shouldn't open the PM i sent him at work if he wants to avoid firing for sexual harassment

Now now, it could just lead to all of HR getting fired and my immediate supervisor being threatened.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

loquacius posted:

So did you write that confession or something because A) is as unlikely a scenario as "HR alllll got fired so now no one else can be" and B) just makes me wonder what kind of workplace dynamic you have

Well you specifically promoted steps 1 and 3 of that scenario. You advised confessor to confront the boss and you suggested that he could sue the company. I'm just saying that steps 2 and 4 follow from 1 and 3, and that should be obvious. The only thing that makes the scenario unlikely (aside from the fesh being fake) is that the confessor isn't so stupid to follow your advice.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

The confession is fake, we know that now, but if you think sexual harassment at the workplace is ok and you should just "overcome mild awkwardness" when you've been a victim of it, then you're either dumb, too edgy for me, or just the kind of dude that would sexually harass a coworker.

Even if you're not scandalized by an email containing the spread open anus of a guy you eat meals with everyday, it's still a Bad Thing and he would still be guilty of sexual harassment, which should be acted upon.

I agree that it was a Bad Thing and the confessor did the right thing by reporting it. If Carl got fired on the spot it would be perfectly reasonable. However he wasn't and the situation is what it is. Personally I'd have a problem if the pictures were a kind of proposal - if Carl sent me stuff because he wanted sex with me. If I felt no such threat then I probably wouldn't feel sexually harassed. Of course other people might feel differently and decide that they'll confront the management over it, but I didn't get that vibe from the confessor.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jose posted:

More like solstice kirk johnson

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Christ dude you are really emotionally invested in this guy getting unwanted butthole pictures at work

I'm about done with work-butthole-picture discussion, so I guess ask yourself if this is the hill you want to die on

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

loquacius posted:

Christ dude you are really emotionally invested in this guy getting unwanted butthole pictures at work

I'm about done with work-butthole-picture discussion, so I guess ask yourself if this is the hill you want to die on

It'd be more of a valley or cavern, wouldn't it?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

loquacius posted:

I'm about done with work-butthole-picture discussion, so I guess ask yourself if this is the butt-shaped hill you want to die on

ftfy

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

OhAreThey posted:

Mummification goon: you could probably also find a kinky friend on FetLife to help you do this for free. No sex involved, so presumably your wife wouldn't care.

"Hey wife! I'm gonna go to this person's house and have them wrap me in plastic. What? Naw, it's cool. I met them on the internet!"

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Rad-daddio posted:

"Hey wife! I'm gonna go to this person's house and have them wrap me in plastic. What? Naw, it's cool. I met them on the internet!"

Hey, if she knows about the massage therapist who does it for him, why would she give a gently caress about finding someone to do it for free? :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't think she knew about the masseuse, or if she did she thought he was getting actual massages

quote:

I've had some very vivid sex dreams about my mother and my younger brother. I'm usually lucid during them and I don't try to wake myself up.

quote:

I haven't bathed or showered since approximately August of 2015.

I grew up a fat kid, became a fat teenager, and grew into a fat adult. But that was when I crossed a boundary. I'm no longer able to fit into my shower or bathtub, and I'm no longer able to clean myself like a normal human.

I feel incredible shame for letting myself go. I don't leave the house, my job lets me stay at home and never be seen. My driver's license is expired but I'm too fat to fit in my car anyway, there's no point in renewing it. I order my food online, either delivery or through the many wonderful online grocery shopping apps.

I have thought about just drinking water and taking a vitamin to stay alive for weeks, and seeing how much fat I burn. I even tried it once. I lasted 2 hours before I devoured an entire bag of chips in extreme hunger.

I'm not sure of my current weight. Last weigh-in was in high school, and I was over 300 back then. Maybe 500? Possibly 600 now?

I think about suicide at times, too, but wouldn't want to leave this much poo poo behind for someone to clean up. And I can just imagine the headlines - Fat Recluse Found Rotting in Apartment.

yeah taftgoon I'm gonna go ahead and say you need multiple different kinds of therapy (one of them is the physical kind)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Hahahaha! 2 hours without eating caused "extreme hunger."

There are times when I'm traveling for work that I'll go 20 hours without a meal. You can probably guess that I'm not overweight.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I've had some very vivid sex dreams about a man too fat to fit in a car who hasn't bathed in nearly two years. I'm usually lucid during them and I don't try to wake myself up.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

god drat it loquacius that's supposed to be ANONYMOUS!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

whoops my bad

quote:

I've had some very vivid sex dreams about a man too fat to fit in a car who hasn't bathed in nearly two years. I'm usually lucid during them and I don't try to wake myself up.

better?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i had a sex dream involving a zombie once

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh don't worry fatgoon, there's no reason you'd make the news

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Drinking water and taking a few vitamins isn't a bad idea. The bad idea was doing ONLY that and not eating healthier or exercising. If you only did the vitamins and water you would probably gain weight since you would kill your metabolism.

Then again you only lasted 2 hours on your dumb loving diet and seem to have no shame so enjoy being such a fat piece of poo poo fat pieces of poo poo look down on you.

It's never too late to turn it around. It will be a long and very tough journey but worth it in the end. You'll also have people rooting for you and be willing to help or give advice.

That probably fell on deaf ears so might as well end it all and be the news story you think you'll be, fatty.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

whoops my bad

better?

thank u for doing the needful

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Re: Fatgoon

"I feel incredible shame for letting myself go. I don't leave the house, my job lets me stay at home and never be seen."

What kind of jabba do you have that lets you stay home all the time?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Fatgoon, have you tried smoking your way to thinness?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Smoking meth would probably do the job, actually.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I was actually thinking along the lines of smoking himself, like one does to cure meat

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Heroin chic is a thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anton Chigurh posted:

What kind of jabba do you have that lets you stay home all the time?

Politely ignoring the pun, it might be a King-Size Homer type situation

quote:

A couple years ago I was put in charge of a smallish 5-10 people group at work depending on funding, where we mostly offer software solutions to academics and scientific researchers in general. As you'd imagine, a majority of the applicants to the coding positions are chinese or indian. When I run a group, clear communication is my number one priority when hiring someone new. My confession is that I have never hired or even interviewed anyone who wasn't white and american, canadian or english. My group is consistently one of the most productive groups and we rarely get any complaints from clients. Meanwhile the overwhelmingly asian groups get complaints about poorly commented code, broken english responses when they receive questions, and generally are difficult to get along with socially.

People have started commenting on my all-white team and I am getting pressure from the people above me to start making my team more diverse, but I don't know how to fight this without coming across as racist. I realize that it is textbook racism, but it's not because I don't like those people, I just don't like working with them and they ruin the laid back social atmosphere I prefer at work. I don't care how great they are at coding, if they can't explain it to me in clear english they don't belong here.

I'm not sure if this is a hill worth dying on and I will probably just hire a sufficiently americanized second or more generation non-indian asian or a black (though these are extremely rare in this type of job in my experience). It just really bothers me that I'm being forced to hire someone I don't want to work with, and I fear that our reputation will suffer as a result.

I mean, language skills are one thing, whatever, but you know you can absolutely find Chinese or Indian nationals that speak English pretty drat well right? (this should not be difficult)

Even if you didn't, though, a couple of people on your team with less language skills than everyone else won't hurt. Ease back on your policy before you get an uncomfortable talk from your two-man HR team, and yes definitely at least hire some people who aren't white (this should not be difficult)

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
"I realize that it is textbook racism, but I'm a good person so racism is cool when I do it."

Get hosed, racist goon. It isn't about language skills when you won't even interview Asian applicants.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The point of an interview is to make sure the applicant is good to work with which can be both socially and linguistically

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

Drinking water and taking a few vitamins isn't a bad idea. The bad idea was doing ONLY that and not eating healthier or exercising. If you only did the vitamins and water you would probably gain weight since you would kill your metabolism.

this is not even close to how the human body works jsut as a an fyi

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

limp_cheese posted:

Then again you only lasted 2 hours on your dumb loving diet and seem to have no shame so enjoy being such a fat piece of poo poo fat pieces of poo poo look down on you.

It's never too late to turn it around. It will be a long and very tough journey but worth it in the end. You'll also have people rooting for you and be willing to help or give advice.

That probably fell on deaf ears so might as well end it all and be the news story you think you'll be, fatty.

It was cool reading this and then suddenly remembering that I watched limp_cheese do Let's Plays of all the God of War games like 6 years ago so I went ahead and read this post in Kratos's voice

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Communication is part of any job. If person A and person B are both equally good coders, but A speaks perfect English and B speaks broken English, then A is better. This isn't racism, it's common sense.

That said, if you refuse to even interview nonwhites, you're racist.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Apparently he's determined that the nonwhites he refuses to interview would "ruin the laid back social atmosphere" that he likes. Also, even with his hand being forced he's only going to look at second or more generation non-Indian Asians. Next he'll write in to say that he's got nothing against Jews, but he just doesn't think they'd make a good fit with the corporate culture, which is why he throws resumes with Jewish last names in the garbage.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Where does it say that he refuses to interview non-white people? :confused:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

shut up blegum posted:

Where does it say that he refuses to interview non-white people? :confused:

quote:

I have never hired or even interviewed anyone who wasn't white and american, canadian or english.

Right there.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ah OK, I read over that apparently. Yeah, that's a lovely thing to do.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Anyway I agree with what has already been said about that guy pretty much. I have to work with a lot of Chinese people and it can be frustrating when they are still learning English, but if they aren't "fresh off the boat" so to speak and have lived here all/most of their lives they usually speak English just as well as a native. The social culture thing is also pretty ignorant. I'm sure if you gave them a chance you'd find some that fit in socially with your white dream team, but I know you won't because you're just using that as a convenient cover for "I am a White Supremacist".

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People that whine about having an outsider mess up the vibe of their little in group are usually too lazy or inconsiderate to take other people's feelings into perspective. When they are living in their echo chamber they never have to worry about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Racist low level manager goon confession is one of the worst lol.

Dude just interview qualified candidates, you'll find a great many native born Americans are of Asian or Hispanic heritage and will have the language skills and "culture" of a normal American even if they look like primitive tribal people to your racist rear end.