Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fullhouse posted:

"THE ARISTOCRATS GORILLA MINDSET"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Douche- ice ages glaciation events.

Serf
May 5, 2011

we should give more thought to the politics of world of warcraft. a game wherein you can slaughter all of the normal or "common" enemies you like to no real effect, but the silver- and gold-colored enemies, their portraits wreathed in colors befitting their status, are where you receive the best rewards and are prioritized to eliminate. these "elites" as they are appropriately called drop the most money and valuable materials when slain, and it is only through the organization and coordinated effort can they be brought down and their possessions divvied up among the players who worked (workers).

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

this all feels very dark souls

*action rolls into wheely trump skeleton and over cliff*

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everything that is happening is what America wants, and has always wanted. All our history leads to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7XgAmcXp8

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Serf posted:

we should give more thought to the politics of world of warcraft. a game wherein you can slaughter all of the normal or "common" enemies you like to no real effect, but the silver- and gold-colored enemies, their portraits wreathed in colors befitting their status, are where you receive the best rewards and are prioritized to eliminate. these "elites" as they are appropriately called drop the most money and valuable materials when slain, and it is only through the organization and coordinated effort can they be brought down and their possessions divvied up among the players who worked (workers).

actually we should copy a tale in the desert which is the MMO where everyone peacefully cooperates to build the biggest stone dick in ancient egypt

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
some goon a few pages back shared his dream involving cspam and lowtax. :stare: why share that? I'm glad zdr is deleting cspam on may 30th

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I haven't played WoW in almost 12 years

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Serf posted:

But in both cases it is only to the financial benefit of a group which arranges the entire simulation.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

kinda weird loss edit but I guess it works

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Has this been posted? Because agree strongly

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/862672757825392641

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

it's not. it's all real. everything is real.

i swear to god i remember making that central casting joke the second pence showed up and the TRUMP HIMSELF MAKES IT AAAAAAA

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

kinda weird loss edit but I guess it works

Turn the last frame sideways and you're a okay

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

The 5 Sources:

Steve Bannon
Beve Stannon
Esteban Bañon
Alias: Bannondorf
Race Banon

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf posted:

my thoughts drift to the most recent Dark Souls DLC, in which you journey into the center of a toilet being flushed

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BeOSPOS posted:

some goon a few pages back shared his dream involving cspam and lowtax. :stare: why share that? I'm glad zdr is deleting cspam on may 30th

i had a dream that BeOS made a rad comeback and was popylar again

checkersmate now u have to hate beos

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

BeOSPOS posted:

What?!? We can't even get Derek Smart permabanned but C-SPAM is getting gassed?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trump insecure

Gone with the wind. Screen grab?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Who cares, nothing matters, no one knows anything, everything sucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Serf posted:

lmao if ur not always depressed all the time and just hiding it with jokes and a facade of detached irony

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

how long until Alex jones goes the way of the sovcit? he's got all the ingredients: paranoia, mental illness, disdain of authority, lost a custody case,...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

i swear to god i remember making that central casting joke the second pence showed up and the TRUMP HIMSELF MAKES IT AAAAAAA

Trump is on our level

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Weeping Wound posted:

my thoughts drift to the most recent Dark Souls DLC, in which you journey into the center of a toilet being flushed

the ringed city is a butthole

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Have all these things actually been mattering in vague internal ways that we can't see until the dam breaks all at once?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

oh they have all the three letter agency boys in here

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fluoride Jones posted:

The 5 Sources:

Steve Bannon
Beve Stannon
Esteban Bañon
Race Banon

:eyepop: Mike Pence is one of Alex Jones' sources!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What can we do about popular media not portraying the coming race war as inevitable/good?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a piss cauldron, perhaps

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Agrajag posted:

HAHAHAHAAH HOLY poo poo

all this says to me is that spicey was definitely hiding in the bushes

I'm thinking of that scene in Seven Days in Hell where Kit Harrington is being chased by the camera and falls over everything. Tried to find it, gently caress

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

i had a dream that BeOS made a rad comeback and was popylar again

checkersmate now u have to hate beos

I was never popular :smugbert:

Serf
May 5, 2011

also in world of warcraft nothing can truly be changed except by the will of blizzard. did you kill the boss? it will be back next week, ready to go again. so we see that wow accurately models the capitalist world, with blizzard occupying the role of the global capitalist elite, whos will is absolute and who offer up challenges and enemies to be slain by the proletariat (players [workers]) to give a false sense of accomplishment

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

drat foiled again

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Serf posted:

also in world of warcraft nothing can truly be changed except by the will of blizzard. did you kill the boss? it will be back next week, ready to go again. so we see that wow accurately models the capitalist world, with blizzard occupying the role of the global capitalist elite, whos will is absolute and who offer up challenges and enemies to be slain by the proletariat (players [workers]) to give a false sense of accomplishment

also you can get rich trading arctic furs

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Fluoride Jones posted:

The 5 Sources:

Steve Bannon
Beve Stannon
Esteban Bañon
Race Banon

You forgot calamity bannon

Serf posted:

Also in world of Warcraft there's terribly broken people who like to gently caress cartoon animals so I guess it really is like capitalism

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fluoride Jones posted:

Please he's the Calamity Bannon now :rolleye:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

maman est mort aujourd'hui
ou peut-être demain
je ne sais pas

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Remember when bill clinton did this or are we supposed to forget lol

lol, he did it after a six month investigation and years of ethics misconduct by Sessions, lol you don't know history lol also lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Bannoncannon
Permabannoned

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

lol, he did it after a six month investigation and years of ethics misconduct by Sessions, lol you don't know history lol also lol

Liberals go like wah wah wah all the way home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

we are currently in the phase of history between expansions, where all the new content has been exhausted and the latest patch is far behind us. the players grow turgid and engage less, and blizzard hurriedly slaps together a new set of shiny challenges and enemies (trump et al.) for us to face to keep us amused

• Locked thread