Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremely good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Be on the lookout for cans of expired pasta sauce.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the AI feels like it's getting weirder and buggier every patch. They keep seeing bodies through walls. wtf is going on

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've started this again as from reading this and the games thread I haven't played this at all really. Working my way through the challenges of the ICA headquarters.
Silent Assassin-ing that was satisfying as I thought my approach was too basic :smug:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
square enix is getting out of business with IO. RIP to this beautiful game.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i despise square

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

they better remove the DRM or whatever because i can't see square keeping the servers up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

what the gently caress

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i just cancelled my ffxiv scrip and will never buy another square enix game again and i hope this company fails within a couple years. Finalize that fantasy already, bitch

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Those motherfuckers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the yelLOW Devils at Squeenzix constantly throw their gaijin developers under the bus!!!! I hate them!!!! I'm hgoing to loving kill them and their tiny creepy smkiles

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No more Deus Ex or Hitman, who needs stealth games.

I'm sure Squaresoft will keep the servers up lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They made an actually good Hitman after a decade and this is what they get.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was also the first example I know of where he idea of "games as service" worked incredibly well and actually produced a better game instead of being purestrain AIDS and now no one will ever do it again because they got ditched unceremoniously

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

This is the most dogshit gaming related news of 2017. Thats my take

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[Agent 47 infiltrating Square-Enix HQ] Here comes a guard, I'd better blend in. Time to put my pants on my head and do the stupidest poo poo I can imagine.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

welcome to the cutting room floor, 47

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It was also the first example I know of where he idea of "games as service" worked incredibly well and actually produced a better game instead of being purestrain AIDS and now no one will ever do it again because they got ditched unceremoniously

It was also forced upon them by Squeenix and it definitely hurt sales since people got rattled by previous attempts on other games.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

goddammit

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

For a second I read that as square enix going out of business.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So glad that two of the best stealth games I've ever played - MGSV and Hitman - have to be dependent on the dumbest publishers imaginable.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

So glad that two of the best stealth games I've ever played - MGSV and Hitman - have to be dependent on the dumbest publishers imaginable.

the nipponese cannot be trusted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so hosed up that Hitman Absolution made hundreds of millions of dollars more than Hitman (2016).

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

It's so hosed up that Hitman Absolution made hundreds of millions of dollars more than Hitman (2016).

Too beautiful for this world....

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I doubt itll happen at this point, but I hope they patch it so that people can access the elusive targets in the future

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
It feels really cool and exclusive knowing that the entire game was a limited-time event now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

RIP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Can't wait for Hitman: Survive the epic co op zombie base defense game

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Agent 47: Vampire Slayer

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

It feels really cool and exclusive knowing that the entire game was a limited-time event now

sick. it's like going to a concert

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Square Enix eventual FF and DQ MOBA loot box costume box tifa cloud dress up Hype! :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FF has had mobile skinner bs for like 10 years now, you don't have to worry about that.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

FF has had mobile skinner bs for like 10 years now, you don't have to worry about that.

That's chump change to the brain damaged overwatch style loot game, and hell, I trust square Enix to get a game like that right.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Dissidia: Free To Play

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

That's chump change to the brain damaged overwatch style loot game, and hell, I trust square Enix to get a game like that right.

don't post here

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

God i was looking forward to season two gently caress this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i just cancelled my ffxiv scrip and will never buy another square enix game again and i hope this company fails within a couple years. Finalize that fantasy already, bitch

I was wondering whether or not to get an FFXIV subscription, glad SE decided to take charge and make the decision for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

God i was looking forward to season two gently caress this

this game could have gone for years its so stupid

• Locked thread