Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If Russia hacked the DNC to expose the truth they did A Good Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

Voice of America still exists btw

yeah, true, but it's not really the same thing as it was in the Cold War

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If Russia hacked the DNC to expose the truth they did A Good Thing

they did it to hurt Hillary Clinton because they saw her as a threat, they didn't do it because they are good people

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

well that's the big problem, honestly, because there's likely two parts to an overall Russian strategy at play here

one side is the DNC hacks, which is almost certainly who carried that out and most Americans know this. it's troubling, but it's basically a propaganda effort and is in line with decades of spy vs spy style poo poo we've done to each other.... I mean Voice of America was a thing that existed and this is probably not much different in my estimation

the second part is Russian collusion in the campaign of Trump itself, and while there's some smoke there's no fire

the two are tangentially linked, but when you make the case that they are one in the same, people are going to see that no proof of the latter really exists so far and then extrapolate that to "this whole thing is smoke and mirrors and the media is just against Trump, therefor fake news I don't care"

if they did their jobs properly there would likely be more serious concern from people

other than a pedantic quibble about "no visible fire" i'm gonna endorse this post

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

they did it to hurt Hillary Clinton because they saw her as a threat, they didn't do it because they are good people

But Hillary is horrible? And they were sidestepping a potential WW3? How is this bad

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

VikingSkull posted:

lol you took money from a nazi collaborator

Come on, George Soros was thirteen when Nazis invaded

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

It's not exactly the same but it's still propaganda, just aimed towards Africa and southeast Asia and poo poo. Lol at this tho

From 1948 until its repeal in 2013, Voice of America was forbidden to broadcast directly to American citizens under § 501 of the Smith–Mundt Act.[4]The act was repealed as a result of the passing of the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act provision of the National Defense Authorization Act for 2013.[5] The intent of the legislation in 1948 was to protect the American public from propaganda actions by their own government.[36]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

lol you took money from a nazi collaborator

i'm outta this thread for the month and can't help you right now, please leave a message and I'll shitpost back at you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Come on, George Soros was thirteen when Nazis invaded

Yes but he rose to the rank of kinderfuhrer in the Hitler youth

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump eschews politics to get real results. This is the Trump I voted for. He looks bad now? Who cares, gently caress Comey.

Trump may have done it to throw us all a bone though, it's some cheap validation

That's funny, I clearly remember you saying how you did not actually vote for trump.

And can you stop this willful ignorance bullshit, it's tiresome.

"Hurr durr how did putin manipulate millions of voters" he didn't, that's not the point.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

That's funny, I clearly remember you saying how you did not actually vote for trump.

Never happened. Find the post.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well yeah, I don't think you voted at all.

You just embraced the MAGA hat because it makes liberals mad.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

Well we all know you didn't vote because you're not an American citizen and have never actually been to America

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Not voting at all was the only correct choice

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

I think doing bad things for good reasons is bad, but doing good things for bad reasons is still ok

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Bholder posted:

Well yeah, I don't think you voted at all.

Well duh, nearly every post he makes is a low-effort, just contradict everything troll and people are still biting after gently caress knows how many pages of it lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/stephenatap/status/862696505764974592

"Dear Mr McCabe, thank you for assuring me several times that I'm not under investigation and that my breath smells nice and I'm handsome. Your service is no longer required, please clear out your things and turn over all access codes to my private security."

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Don't worry all, I legit voted for DJ Trump

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Half the replies from Trump haters here are reflexive and often it's extremely clear they didn't even finish reading what they're replying to before slamming out a rote angry response. It's funny because it makes them look like angry morons, which is what they have become

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Half the replies from Trump haters here are reflexive and often it's extremely clear they didn't even finish reading what they're replying to before slamming out a rote angry response. It's funny because it makes them look like angry morons, which is what they have become

Low effort bait

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If you take "Trump became president" out of the equation, Russia did a good thing. If they even were behind the hacks, which isn't even necessarily true.

Podesta got phished or whatever like a dumbass. This isn't high level poo poo here

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Have you actually read those emails?
Do you even understand them?

They are mostly nonsense bullshit and whatever value was there was not really new information either

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
lol I'm beginning to have concerns that Trump is NOT fine

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Bholder posted:

I do think there was a meaningful contingent of Trump supporters, especially online, where the objective was less about governance and more about those "The Young Turks MELT DOWN" etc videos that came out post-election.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Landstander posted:

I do think there was a meaningful contingent of Trump supporters, especially online, where the objective was less about governance and more about those "The Young Turks MELT DOWN" etc videos that came out post-election.

The true identity of the alt-right revealed in this shocking post!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nut to Butt posted:

The true identity of the alt-right revealed in this shocking post!

Yet you get mad when people call 4chan an alt-right site...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The left has designated "White Males" as the scapegoat for the world ills. Even most of you have it ingrained in your psyches that white men are to blame for everything being hosed up.

I'm not voting for that.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/jemillerwbal/status/862714093899325440

It's not Trump, but, uh...

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Yet you get mad when people call 4chan an alt-right site...

I do? Pray tell. I like to keep up with the doings of the shadow-me who lives in the diseased minds of leftists.

That fella's a rascal, but I wish he would move to a better neighborhood.

Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur
Almost all the alt-right computer janitors I argued with pre-election have disappeared after the first month or so. Sometimes I can get them to take the bait by posting something super Pro Hillary, but it's been a weird radio silence and I'm getting awful lonely.

Also two of the old ladies I work with fawn over Trump the way my mom did over George Clooney in the late 90's before she left my dad for a guy that looks kinda like George Clooney. Maybe the long con here was to get a generation of middle aged bob-cuts to lust over fat guys with thinning hair???

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

Have you actually read those emails?
Do you even understand them?

They are mostly nonsense bullshit and whatever value was there was not really new information either

Lol the Republicans tried this with the previous wikileaks and it didn't work then either

The ratfucking of Bernie, the ulimately moronic decision to collude with thebmedia to promote Trump, some juicy tidbits from her Wall Street speeches like her support of tpp just off the top of my head

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Don't worry all, I legit voted for DJ Trump

Mods?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The left has designated "White Males" as the scapegoat for the world ills. Even most of you have it ingrained in your psyches that white men are to blame for everything being hosed up.

I'm not voting for that.

Maybe you should read some American history books and see who was in charge or responsible

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yeah but on the other hand the Kardashians.

Dead Prez + The Coup are dope.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm not voting for that.

Yeah yeah yeah we all know, you come into every thread to tell us all about how you feel persecuted.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

Yeah yeah yeah we all know, you come into every thread to tell us all about how you feel persecuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ywsSInVMF8

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

I mean if you're going to kill yourself just because you have it less bad then some people that's a pretty lmbo situation

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

That was funny, not sure what's wrong here

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm not voting for that.

No pun intended - but it's not so black and white. Some people have extremist views, which are annoying, but it also is true that white men have the most power, and are the most privileged people in the US. If you're white, don't take it as you did anything wrong necessarily or it's your fault. That's not what this means.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bholder posted:

That was funny, not sure what's wrong here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, all the mods legit voted for DJ Trump as well as MC Pence.

• Locked thread