Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Anyone else feel like the Switch has lost all value? Theres no games at all anymore.

I hate this console! *plays Boi every night*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bef posted:

I hate this console! *plays Boi every night*

Try playing a good game, friend. You'll find yourself enjoying this Good and Cool console.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

parallelodad posted:

None. There is a quest to eventually find a big dragon and defeat it, but you would have to place blocks to do it. That's like asking what's the gameplay to Mario if I never want to jump.

pannenkoek2012 has some choice words for you

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How is console Minecraft? I see it has split screen, so can you make different profiles or something? Could I start a world and have different people with different inventories and stuff drop in and out?

How's online work?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are playing and you are online, friends and friends of friends(if your friend is in your world) can drop in your world if you have that enabled.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

parallelodad posted:

Yeah well your nephew isn't your son and you don't have to step on a rogue Lego barefoot in the middle of the night when you go take a piss.

Why would you piss in your son's bedroom? You're sick.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

parallelodad posted:

Well obviously he is watching for the games but if there are host segments would prefer boobs to no boobs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's true, that's why that guy is watching. He said so.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

RCarr posted:

Why would you piss in your son's bedroom? You're sick.

That can happen to people prone to sleepwalking. An old friend of mine did it quite a bit. Once, he got up, went into our friend's mom's room, pissed in her walk-in closet, and got into bed with her. He also got up and pissed on his older brother's bedroom door on a regular basis.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Legos get everywhere. You can not confine them to a single room. You may think you put them all away, but you didn't.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Lego, uh, finds a way

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Real talk whats the gameplay to minecraft if i have NO wish to ever place a block?

You can't really play the game without some level of building/crafting (because that is the game). If you don't immediately start scrounging for materials and erect some basic sort of shelter (I've resorted to literal hole in the dirt in one especially bad seed) the monsters that come out at night will kill you, and you'll have to start over again.

Really I like Minecraft for the exploration aspect--you can come across some pretty stunning randomly generated landscapes.

[Edit: Also, the in-game tutorials are very basic, and there's a lot of advanced stuff in the game that you won't know unless you're playing with a Wiki open (like how to craft a compass or bed, two things that are pretty much required for any sort of exploratory play). So that may effect your enjoyment of the game]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 11, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'd rather step on legos than Switches at night hth

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lelandjs posted:

You can't really play the game without some level of building/crafting (because that is the game). If you don't immediately start scrounging for materials and erect some basic sort of shelter (I've resorted to literal hole in the dirt in one especially bad seed) the monsters that come out at night will kill you, and you'll have to start over again.
What's the story behind Minecraft? Why are you in a blocky wasteland with no shelter? Why are the monsters after you? Have you tried talking to the monsters and reaching an understanding with them?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Nintendo, please add folders to the switch thanks.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Real talk whats the gameplay to minecraft if i have NO wish to ever place a block?

Literally nothing

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

What's the story behind Minecraft? Why are you in a blocky wasteland with no shelter? Why are the monsters after you? Have you tried talking to the monsters and reaching an understanding with them?

You're a war criminal that has been exiled from hell to a remote planet. What they didn't count on is your ability to punch chunks out of trees and the landscape with your bare hands. Eventually you do enough digging and mining to fashion a portal back to the underworld and defeat Satan himself (who takes the form of a dragon). And then you become Pewdiepie.

(there is no story)

[Edit: well technically there is a Story Mode, but you have to buy it separately: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft:_Story_Mode]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 11, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Nintendo, please add folders to the switch thanks.
They'd have to add some games first :roflolmao:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You can save your card to the eShop now.

Where's the dang music though!??!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Where is my virtual console nintendo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Infinitum posted:

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/nin/board/300051/read/30571327

Dear Nintendo

Release a special edition like this and I will buy it instantly
Alternatively, release Joycons in the SNES theme

Regards,
Everyone

Not only is this a thing of absolute beauty, but FUN SWITCH FACT: I just now (from these photos) realized the wrist strap things had trigger buttons on them and were not just for wrist straps! I have not even taken them out of the plastic and let me tell you how much hitting those shoulder buttons SUCKS with nothing on the Joycons.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Feenix posted:

Not only is this a thing of absolute beauty, but FUN SWITCH FACT: I just now (from these photos) realized the wrist strap things had trigger buttons on them and were not just for wrist straps! I have not even taken them out of the plastic and let me tell you how much hitting those shoulder buttons SUCKS with nothing on the Joycons.

The straps still suck, get a 3rd party one that is more of a sleeve instead of a clicking thing. The straps wear out the rails because they hold on so tight and make the joycons loose in handheld mode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bamco released it's yearly presentation thing for the next fiscal year.

Notably, it says that they have Taiko, a Tales game, and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 planned for release on the Switch by the end of the fiscal year (March 2018.)

Keep in mind this is for Japan, so localization of those things might take longer (and lol at the US getting a Taiko game.)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The straps don't "wear out the rails"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Norns posted:

The straps don't "wear out the rails"

Mine feel looser after using them one maybe I'm just crazy.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

pixaal posted:

The straps still suck, get a 3rd party one that is more of a sleeve instead of a clicking thing. The straps wear out the rails because they hold on so tight and make the joycons loose in handheld mode.

What 3rd party ones do you recommend? (for better grip/ergonomics/Shoulder Buttoning

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that DBZ game good? Last one I played was the one near Wii launch and that was pretty fun. The motion controls were great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

parallelodad posted:

Is that DBZ game good? Last one I played was the one near Wii launch and that was pretty fun. The motion controls were great.

Xenoverse 2 is decent. The 'plot's kinda lame and combat isn't as involved as Tenkaichi 2 but making your own badass dragonball z fanfic OC is fun, though a lot of the coolest moves are random drops from sidequests which is lame.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I haven't played it but everyone I know who has says to go into it realizing it's more of an action RPG than a fighting game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

pixaal posted:

Mine feel looser after using them one maybe I'm just crazy.

Did you put them on backwards?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Endorph posted:

Bamco released it's yearly presentation thing for the next fiscal year.

Notably, it says that they have Taiko, a Tales game, and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 planned for release on the Switch by the end of the fiscal year (March 2018.)

Keep in mind this is for Japan, so localization of those things might take longer (and lol at the US getting a Taiko game.)
As long as it's on the eShop anyone can buy it easily though.

Also if there's a Tales game I presume it would be a port of something that's already translated, so at least it might not take as long at something new.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i will rebuy Tales of Berseria on Switch.

e; actually I will rebuy every single Tales game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my guess would probably be tales of xillia 1 + 2 tbh, it's a more popular game and going 'two games in one!!' makes it seem like a better deal

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

my guess would probably be tales of xillia 1 + 2 tbh, it's a more popular game and going 'two games in one!!' makes it seem like a better deal

Either that or the Symphonia duology, just because they're originally both from Nintendo consoles. Especially considering it's already been ported once to Steam.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I just tried MK8D with the wrist straps for ergonomics of using the better shoulder buttons.

It's not perfect, but it's much better than bare sideways Joycons.

That said, does anyone else feel like one of their (the left) shoulder button has to be pressed HARD to Register a press. :\

I missed throwing a lot of powerups.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/862683113675038720

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The wheels are seriously great. Big mushy shoulder buttons and comfortable grip. I'll be using them even in non racing games. You just have to make sure you line up the joycon in there correctly.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The replies from people demanding that Minecraft be an Xbone exclusive are more amusing than Phil promoting the Switch.

[Edit: actually no the reply asking for FTL for the Xbone (calling it a "perfect match") is more amusing. I couldn't even make that poo poo work with a Steam Controller]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 11, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

The replies from people demanding that Minecraft be an Xbone exclusive are more amusing than Phil promoting the Switch.

[Edit: actually no the reply asking for FTL for the Xbone (calling it a "perfect match") is more amusing. I couldn't even make that poo poo work with a Steam Controller]

I can understand someone being a Nintendo or even a PlayStation fanboy, lame as that is, but an Xbox one is somehow even sadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My brother is an Xbox fanboy. He said Sony robbed the Xbox one of it's killer features by mocking them and that the always online game authentication was the future.

• Locked thread